British_cop.gif
P1070116.JPG
P1070117.JPG
P1070114.JPG
spockzoomin.gif
arnold_shut_up.gif
image.jpg
cinema-not-in-kansas.jpg
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I think what's not completely accurate is this claim that "there was a denial of any problems with WOZ." It's the first game by a new manufacturer. Of course there are going to be issues. I don't know of anybody who said otherwise who likely wasn't just trolling.

I remember someone on the JJP "team" (volunteer?) that called out a poster for publicly stating some issues with games in the field or location. It then turned into a personal dig of sorts or calling "BS" on the innuendo or existence of any of those problems / issues. That original poster then listed specific details which happens to mesh with recent posted problems.

I can see why some people will fire back when an exchange goes this way.
Trolling or not that does not change a series of events, if true.

It is a little funny to see some people praise even the 1st prototype WOZ as being the holy grail of any pinball machine past, present or future only to learn it has a few issues. Then its kind of switched around that the prototype games "have issues" and are not as good as the production machines and they will be better. Now some of those are shipping and having problems.

No harm / no foul and lots of people are working to fix issues, just don't shoot the messenger next time and if you are going to brag how great something it be prepared for some ribbing if or when it breaks down.

#102 10 years ago

spockzoomin.gifspockzoomin.gif

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

You can get so drunk on someone's promises or products, to forget about reality. When you are drunk, you are bound to make foolish statements.

I do not see these WOZ "drunk fanboys". I see critics creating a strawman. I see people excited about their games. The exception does not prove the rule. If you find one person who doesn't think the game has any issues, that may be their experience. It doesn't represent a majority of people who are "drunk on JJP promises."

Honestly, these "pinball wars" are getting really annoying. There are issues with every manufacturer and every game. Anybody who says otherwise should best be ignored, rather than engaged. And any guy who says, "XXX is the best pinball machine ever in the universe!" is just expressing *his personal opinion* and is not leading some kind of army of consumers who agree with him, so let's stop pretending otherwise.

The key is, once a problem is identified, does the manufacturer address it in a reasonable manner? There may be differences between how these companies treat their customers. That's worth noting.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Hmm, I've been a pre orderer for almost 2 years now and it is a little worrying.

To help ease your worrying.

JJP has a lot of parts in stock. A lot more coming. And building for the future.

They are continually working to improve what is going on. I was in the factory for four days a few weeks ago. And you'd be blown away from what I all saw.

And they have around a half dozen guys including Jack available to help with any problems that do come up. Including me.

I can't tell you to not worry. I can tell you that JJP is working hard to make their customers happy, like he always has. Just now on a bigger scale.

LTG : )
Official Disclaimer : I am on the team and answer the phone.

#105 10 years ago

I have played two WOZ machines and they looked very cool, but the play had some issues that will likely be improved with updated code. From what I have read, there were some promises made by Jack that have not panned out. To me, these promises were an optimist planning to do his best and not a scam artist who never planned to try to fulfill them.

Instead of complaining about Alex and Lloyd responses/sweeping under rug etc. how about we take a step back and think - (1) we have a new pinball company that is hopefully going to produce good machines and (2) we have a new pinball company that cares enough that the guys involved are posting often and they hired one of the most well known and helpful troubleshooters in the business.

Mistakes will be made and machines will break, but as someone with no stake in the game, it looks like we have a bunch of people working hard to make a good product and provide quick responses to problems.

Early adopters in any industry usually recognize that the price of having the newest, coolest version of anything is often some time to work out unexpected kinks. Seems like that is what is going on here with much better than normal support in working out the kinks.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

how about we take a step back and think

Yeah, like THAT will work!

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Good Points, so far no mention of having to break out the Dremel for WOZ!

You will need a lot more than a Dremel !

#108 10 years ago

Please stay on topic and try to help the OP. No need to bicker.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You might be a WOZless fanboy better suited for the carefully controlled content of the JJP forum.
WOZ has no trouble tickets there, it's always a month away from shipping & you won't see a "half dozen dipshits" pointing out the obvious either.

I like you ***edited***....its amusing! I use it in an affectionate kind of way......total stiffs, same thing....... And I count myself as one, so they stand out to me....

Post edited by absocountry2 : Removed name

#110 10 years ago

Deleted. No need to stir the pot here.

Post edited by SilverUnicorn : no need for it.

#111 10 years ago

Stop the bickering, it is not cool to call each other names.

#112 10 years ago

Yeah well he called me a Dremel first!

#113 10 years ago

Well, I got the call from Michelle at NAVL today. My WOZLE #158 will be delivered Wednesday. I sure hope it is one of the relatively trouble free examples. I wouldn't call myself a "Wozer" or "Non-Wozer" so my opinions expressed here will be honest. Now I gotta go buy one of those 8gb usb thingies because I don't think it has the newest code.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Now I gotta go buy one of those 8gb usb thingies because I don't think it has the newest code.

Call Jen and see, they should be able to tell you what code it shipped with.

Disclaimer : I think it did ship with newest.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well, I got the call from Michelle at NAVL today. My WOZLE #158 will be delivered Wednesday. I sure hope it is one of the relatively trouble free examples. I wouldn't call myself a "Wozer" or "Non-Wozer" so my opinions expressed here will be honest. Now I gotta go buy one of those 8gb usb thingies because I don't think it has the newest code.

It likely shipped with 1.14. Highly doubt it left with 1.12 unless it left 2 weeks ago and is coming via horse and buggy

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Vicjw was NAVL cheaper for shipping then the company JJP usually uese (R&L i think)

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Do you remember what day you ordered your ECLEWOZ?

Thanks

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Congrats!

Yeah we bicker & whine but pretty much everyone here is looking forward to playing a WOZ.

Hope things go smooth for you too man.

Go to newegg.com or tigerdirect.com or ebay for damn near free USB thumb drives. Might as well order it tonight so it arrives when your game shows up.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I'm coming to Virgin to ride the Red Bull Rampage and S.G. for the Huntsman in October would you like me to bring my Dremel by for you. You could use it to sand down your fangs, almost every post in an attack.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Do you remember what day you ordered your ECLEWOZ?
Thanks

Interested in knowing as well. My WOZECLE is from a March 2011 order so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for late a August / early September delivery. Congrats to the owner of #158 being on the way!

#121 10 years ago

Sorry for not being clear. This was Skooter710's game he played a handful of times and decided to sell. He received it before code 1.14 was released. Shipping NAVL door to door with insurance from Chicago to L.A. was around $450. I wanted to get this game before a family reunion this Saturday or else I probably would have waited for a NIB. I'm not a big fan of pre-ordering but I'm grateful for all of you who did to make this pin possible and hope you get your games soon. I am very confident in the JJP team. LOTR and TSPP are two of my favorite pins so hopefully WOZ will be too.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Agree....However,
I'm not bashing the OP at all...I'm just saying, usual forum decorum where we are trying to foster a community of pin enthusiasts, dictates it's not usual to join and the first post start complaining about a brand new game from a brand new manufacturer. And more times than not, I'm joining a forum long before I'm purchasing a $7K anything, whether pinball, 4 wheeler, motorcycle, car, HT equipment, et al. Given that, and the generic '123' username, just seems a bit suspicious, and because it is a first time post, it has no credibility...that's true whether he/she is bashing, praising, or claiming they scored 500M on the game.

Bullshit. So if he had posted some fluff stuff for 10 posts and then said something, somehow it would be relevant?

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

I'm coming to Virgin to ride the Red Bull Rampage and S.G. for the Huntsman in October would you like me to bring my Dremel by for you. You could use it to sand down your fangs, almost every post in an attack.

Cool, no need to bring yours ,I have one here . You should really call me when you are here and I will buy you lunch !

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Bullshit. So if he had posted some fluff stuff for 10 posts and then said something, somehow it would be relevant?

Yep...It's the internet...You start out with 0 credibility until a proven track record...Why that's so hard to grasp is beyond me.

#125 10 years ago

Latest problem solved w Lloyd's help.
Thaks JJP

#126 10 years ago

Lloyd is the man... his Kung Fu is Strong!

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Lloyd is the man..

There were others involved. Including dsd459.

Disclaimer : I'm just a small part of Team JJP

Post edited by LTG : Forgot Disclaimer

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from dsd459:

Latest problem solved w Lloyd's help.

Awesome ! LTG no longer needs a disclaimer !!

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Awesome ! LTG no longer needs a disclaimer !!

Crap, I forgot that. My air conditioner went out today and I'm pretty worn out from the heat

Official Disclaimer : To be determined.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Crap, I forgot that. My air conditioner went out today and I'm pretty worn out from the heat
Official Disclaimer : To be determined.

Seriously LTG? There's something on this planet you can't fix?

#131 10 years ago

Lets all chip in and get Lloyd a new window unit . It's damn hot out here on the east coast. Can't imagine its much better else where

#132 10 years ago

My only suggestion though is to be prepared when you call for help. Owning a pinball machine does require some very basic knowledge of electronics and no pin owner should without even just a basic multimeter to take some readings when they ask for them.

You don't buy a car without a drivers license, don't buy a pin without the tools to fix them. If there is anything a machine does well it's break.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Seriously LTG? There's something on this planet you can't fix?

Yes, it would be conceited to think anybody knows everything. Me included.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lets all chip in and get Lloyd a new window unit

Roof top please. Big one.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lol that may be a tall order.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, it would be conceited to think anybody knows everything

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, it would be conceited to think anybody knows everything. Me included.

And being worn out, yes I should have worded that better. And I do apologize.

It should have read "it would be conceited of me to think I know everything and yes there are many things I can't fix".

Something more like that.

Official Disclaimer : Too hot to care.

#138 10 years ago

I think a simpler fix to the sentence is "Yes, it would be conceited of me to think that anyone, including myself, knows everything."

Just trying to save you extra work in the heat! (It was HORRIBLE here today...)

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lets all chip in and get Lloyd a new window unit . It's damn hot out here on the east coast. Can't imagine its much better else where

It was 80 degrees with 35% humidity here in Eugene Oregon today

#140 10 years ago

I'm in to help Lloyd with an air conditioner!

Chris

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yep...It's the internet...You start out with 0 credibility until a proven track record...Why that's so hard to grasp is beyond me.

Ok, now take a minute to think about how many people there are with plenty of PKP and no actual credibility

#142 10 years ago

It doesn't belong to Lloyd. He's in a rented retail space.

I'd be talking real nicely to the landlord.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I'm in to help Lloyd with an air conditioner!
Chris

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Ok, now take a minute to think about how many people there are with plenty of PKP and no actual credibility

PKP <> Track Record

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Interested in knowing as well. My WOZECLE is from a March 2011 order so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for late a August / early September delivery. Congrats to the owner of #158 being on the way!

You and I should get ours around the same time, I'm #848 from March 2011. I hope you are right about the possible delivery dates, that would work well for me

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd,
Why don't you just go up on the roof and get a few shovel's full of snow? You're in Minnesooota, aren't you? JK

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

router?

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

PKP <> Track Record

All I'm getting at is that new people sign up, and it's xenophobic and paranoid to suggest that new members that have numbers in their names and no posts automatically have no credibility and/or can't possibly know what they're talking about.

Your first post in this thread illustrates this nicely. It's an antisocial welcome to a forum about grown men's toys that are supposed to be fun. You try to justify this attitude by mentioning 'track record'. The way I see it, yours is not currently improving.

I know that on the internet there are griefers, scammers, trolls, etc. But not everyone is one just because they're new. In this case, you're the one doing the trolling, and you contributed nothing to solving the OP's problem.

I'm glad to hear JJP was able to help this player get back to enjoying their game.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

All I'm getting at is that new people sign up, and it's xenophobic and paranoid to suggest that new members that have numbers in their names and no posts automatically have no credibility and/or can't possibly know what they're talking about.
Your first post in this thread illustrates this nicely. It's an antisocial welcome to a forum about grown men's toys that are supposed to be fun. You try to justify this attitude by mentioning 'track record'. The way I see it, yours is not currently improving.
I know that on the internet there are griefers, scammers, trolls, etc. But not everyone is one just because they're new. In this case, you're the one doing the trolling, and you contributed nothing to solving the OP's problem.
I'm glad to hear JJP was able to help this player get back to enjoying their game.

Having been in this hobby 12+ years and having been one of the early adopters of pinside, I've seen all sorts....I call them like I see them and make no apologies for that. You accuse me of jumping to some conclusions...Perhaps take a look at the history of my posts and see my contributions before calling me a troll. 95% of my posts are tech help. I'm quite tired of the whole Stern VS JJP that has taken a toll on pinside over the past 2 years, so when I see a new poster join and their first post is to complain about a new game just released, my radar goes on alert. If I'm wrong, and over time, the OP becomes a contributing member to Pinside, that's great. My guess, that won't happen. I'd loved to be proven wrong.

As for your comment, I haven't contributed anything to repairing the OP's problem, that's true...Neither have you. So, I'm out....Good day

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It doesn't belong to Lloyd. He's in a rented retail space.
I'd be talking real nicely to the landlord.

typically in commercial leases the tenant is responsible for HVAC repair and replacement.

If I have a good tenant (pays on time, is fair etc), I contribute as LL.

#150 10 years ago

Wow

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 24.50
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-issues/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.