20211123_171319_001 (resized).jpg
MainImage (resized).jpg
ClearFlames (resized).jpg
ClearLit (resized).jpg
EffectsTable (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

https://pinballmods.co/interactive-throne-room-woz-pinball-mod

20211123_171319_001 (resized).jpg20211123_171319_001 (resized).jpg

An etched piece of plastic doesn't really do the throne room justice. That is why we spent months designing and refining this solid resin replacement. Themed after and holding close to many details of the original movie this piece is a finely detailed work of art. The wizard head is floating in front of the green stage and curtains and is lit with 3 RGB LEDs. Further discrete 5050 LEDs are embedded in each of the flame pots and several under the rear curtain. All of these are customizable and reactive to the game. Using the included controller the user is able to choose from 5 different modes, several different color and hue options, several brightness levels and the speed of the effects. A table has been posted within the image section which shows the various options available for customization of the modes. 

In addition to the reactive lighting there is a RGBW (yes, both RGB and White LEDs) strip embedded on the rear of the stage which lights up the right side of the playfield focusing on the Munchkinland area. This replaces the stock spotlight in this area giving a cleaner look and allowing for extreme customization in both color, hue and brightness (as well as effect, if you want it). Using the included remote you can adjust these settings without removing the glass or hunting around under the playfield. 

The mod controller, which powers the throne room, senses the flashing of the original Wizard head lighting and replicates that with the 3 LEDs inside this fantastic replacement. As well, sensing of the ball within the throne room VUK provides feedback to the mod so that it can react and go "active" when the ball has landed in the hole.

This mod is completely plug and play. All necessary hardware, electronics, wiring, mounting and organization pieces are included with our kits. Our detailed installation video will walk you through the steps and in almost no time you'll have this unique, hand crafted art installed in your game. The removal of the original spotlight and the Wizard head lighting can be accomplished without cutting wires if you have a 0.93 molex pin removal removal tool (offered as an option here when adding to your cart). Optionally the wires can be cut and if reinstallation is required at some later point they can be soldered back together. 

The flames on the flame pots are available in your choice of clear as well as translucent orange. Clear gives more options for color choices of the flame lighting within while those color choices don't greatly affect the orange color flames since most colors end up either lighter or darker orange. The orange gives a nice look when the game is powered down or the flame lighting is off (an option depending on which mode you have selected) but the clear allows for more unique flame lighting colors. 

On top of all of this the mod is prewired and configured to integrate directly with our WoZ Interactive Super Topper. Direct connection wiring to the topper allows for complete integration with the same lighting reactivity that the Throne Room mod itself has. This brings the topper to life and creates an awesome light show integrated with the various Throne Room rewards and modes. Purchase of the topper is required separately and is based on limited production quantities and production schedule. Details on this to be revealed in the coming weeks.

Mods are currently in production. These are made in small batches, everything is wired and built by hand. We will be shipping approximately 10 pieces every 2-3 weeks. We will ship based on order placement. If you have a question about timing of an already placed order or of an order you wish to place PM me or send us an email to [email protected]. We will try to accommodate any orders for Christmas/Hanukkah/etc.

MainImage (resized).jpgMainImage (resized).jpgClearFlames (resized).jpgClearFlames (resized).jpgClearLit (resized).jpgClearLit (resized).jpgEffectsTable (resized).pngEffectsTable (resized).png
#2 2 years ago

For those interested in our topper, here is what I can tell you so far. It will work on all models. It is a 3D representation of the etched topper from the Emerald City Limited Edition game which also happens to have a very similar look to the Throne Room mod itself. It is lit with probably close to 100 LEDs and can either be static, randomly lit (random flame effects and overall flickering) or completely interactive with the Throne Room mod itself via a dedicated connection which is already included on all Throne Room mods.

Here is a preview of a very early prototype that I've been adjusting and playing with. The design may slightly change and I'm contemplating a background for it but not positive on that. This will ship separately from the Throne Room and probably will be available for order after the new year. Flame color choices are the same (orange and clear). I believe there will be RGBW lighting for overall glow from the front, which is fully customizable. Similar options will be available to customize the lighting show as the Throne Room has (color, brightness, effect and speed). We'll be producing these in very limited quantities as they take a LONG time to make.

#3 2 years ago

As always, excellent looking work!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

As always, excellent looking work!

Thanks!

#5 2 years ago

Looks good indeed, need to start saving

7 months later
#6 1 year ago

My mod broke off at the base where it screws into the post. Obviously this is the main and only piece holding it in place. Super glue won’t hold it together. Right now quake puddy is the only thing keeping it hanging on.

I have tried reaching the company pinballmod.co numerous times for suggested fix or replacement piece but can’t get a return call or email. Does anyone have better contact info or insights as to how to get some attention from these guys?

29750458-4985-4A27-A44B-F19D6E64D58B (resized).jpeg29750458-4985-4A27-A44B-F19D6E64D58B (resized).jpegC25F406D-F51A-47D2-ABF5-35F198A3B728 (resized).jpegC25F406D-F51A-47D2-ABF5-35F198A3B728 (resized).jpeg647FBEFF-FB9B-45C4-ABA9-43AF5714656F (resized).jpeg647FBEFF-FB9B-45C4-ABA9-43AF5714656F (resized).jpeg
#7 1 year ago

Have you PMd here or on Facebook? He has always gotten back to me, but it did take awhile at times.

52BF3688-3F0F-4E76-B39C-E0F6423B9789 (resized).png52BF3688-3F0F-4E76-B39C-E0F6423B9789 (resized).png
#8 1 year ago

I have not. Great idea. Wasn’t aware of these contacts. Do you know his Pinside name?

Thanks

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I have not. Great idea. Wasn’t aware of these contacts. Do you know his Pinside name?
Thanks

He is the author of this thread. harryhoudini

#10 1 year ago

Thanks for the heads up. I reached Scott and he was quick to respond and incredibly helpful.

3 weeks later
#11 1 year ago

Glad we got in touch! Ver 1.1 is going to be on the way to you soon. This update includes a really solid mounting plate that attaches to the game and removes the tab from the resin piece. It also includes a small update to how the spotlight lighting attaches to the back which makes it a bit neater and gives some control over which direction it is pointing. The base also tips the whole thing back a few degrees to point it at the player more.

If you have a v1 and want to get it upgraded you can send it back to us and we'l modify it. It will be some nominal fee for our time, we are just producing the v1.1 right now so I'm not sure how long the upgrade process will take but it's not long. It's possible to do yourself if you are careful with a drill so if you are really handy and want to take the risk we can send out the parts. Of course, if yours does break we'll fix it. Just send it back to us. Seems like maybe there are a few that our resin mix was a bit brittle and less forgiving than others. This is the first one I know of which broke but in testing I was able to break a few if I really tried so I can see how it could happen in the game.

Here is the updated design, we're producing one right now for Pizzaman13 and I'll have some pics of that one when it is ready.

Thronev1.1 (resized).pngThronev1.1 (resized).pngThronev1.1-2 (resized).pngThronev1.1-2 (resized).png
1 month later
#12 1 year ago

I wanted to report back that once I got connected to Scott at Pinball Mods, I have been so well taken care of, whatever positive things I say, it wouldn’t be enough to tell the whole story. Truly an incredible level of customer service. Many, many thanks.

The new version looks great, installed in minutes and the added bulk to the foundation looks to be a winning formula.

#13 1 year ago
7FA9C031-D2B8-4891-BC33-081B79D4370A (resized).jpeg7FA9C031-D2B8-4891-BC33-081B79D4370A (resized).jpeg
#14 1 year ago

Looks great! I've been debating the munchkin huts since release. Are the light effects really noticeable when balls are locked? Do you think it adds to the gameplay?

1 week later
#15 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Looks great! I've been debating the munchkin huts since release. Are the light effects really noticeable when balls are locked? Do you think it adds to the gameplay?

The lighting in the huts isn't affected by the ball lock at this point, although that is something we are working on. There are several controls for lighting and the top lights and the window lights are independently controllable. Effect, color, brightness and speed of effect. Here is a short video showing some of that:

Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I wanted to report back that once I got connected to Scott at Pinball Mods, I have been so well taken care of, whatever positive things I say, it wouldn’t be enough to tell the whole story. Truly an incredible level of customer service. Many, many thanks.
The new version looks great, installed in minutes and the added bulk to the foundation looks to be a winning formula.

Thank you Glad we could get you sorted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-interactive-throne-room-upgrade-now-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.