Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12042758_928525653906645_4039869628550971795_n.jpg
20151109_194752.jpg
20151109_190928.jpg
20151109_104447.jpg
GreenWizard2.jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Has anyone else seen the Wizard of Oz "Green Edition" only available at pinballs.com. Almost like Emerald City, but 100 or less will be made.

http://pinballstore.tripod.com/wizard-of-oz-pinballs.html

It doesn't have the wood apron or direct print cabinet. A custom topper is being designed for it. Looks like it can ship today.

#2 8 years ago

It sounds to me like they're trying to use up their remaining cabs & parts. They probably have a bunch of mismatched stuff left over that doesn't quite fit for the existing editions.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It sounds to me like they're trying to use up their remaining cabs & parts. They probably have a bunch of mismatched stuff left over that doesn't quite fit for the existing editions.

It sounds to me like they made up their own "limited edition". It didn't sounds like the internal wireforms were green. So it looks like a standard with different armor, invisiglass, and a shaker.

#4 8 years ago

So let's see...

Wizard of Oz:

Emerald City limited edition
Standard edition (with clearcoated cab)
Standard edition (decals on cab)
Ruby red 75th limited anniversary edition
Aussie Rescue Red edition
Limited Green edition

Have I missed any? Do the S/Ns of the new green games start with SPP?

Jersey "There is only one LE" Jack

#5 8 years ago

Well, thank god it doesn't have that awful direct print cab the ECLEs had. I'd much prefer a decaled cabinet I can swap out. I always wanted a Smaug Edition WOZ.

#6 8 years ago

I actually called as I thought they were ECLEs. They were made up to look like them but they are not the ECLE. They are there own LE. No wood apron.

I ended up purchasing a Ruby Red from a fellow pinsider.

#7 8 years ago

I'm waiting for some nitwit to crawl out from under a rock and say that these will be the most valuable of the WOZ machines because of their rarity. Right about now, somebody with a RR75 is feeling duped.

#8 8 years ago

FWIW, I stopped caring about all the extra LEs a long time ago... the fact I got my ecle for 6500 is good enough (and it's still the only one with the wood apron.. wooo)

#9 8 years ago

It's a great game. I love mine, and don't see it leaving my collection; however, enough with the "limited editions". There were 1000 LE Emerald Cities and the standards. Then Ruby Red. Now the Green edition. I guess the rainbow colored edition is coming next.

#10 8 years ago

These will be the most valuable of the WOZ machines because of their rarity!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

FWIW, I stopped caring about all the extra LEs a long time ago... the fact I got my ecle for 6500 is good enough (and it's still the only one with the wood apron.. wooo)

I would be happy to buy someone's old unrare common WOZ ECLE for $6500 if someone were to feel the need to buy this Rare Newer Green Edition....

#12 8 years ago

So it looks like it's a "special" Automated edition. There have been a few of those over the years. I can't recall exactly, but I was offered a bally/williams that I thought was a combo never offered from the factory, and it was an Automated limited run.

I do agree though...it's getting beyond a little silly. Was originally supposed to be standards and ECLE's only. Now there are standards, LEs, RRs, Greens...kind of takes away from the "special" aspect. If the "limited" run you wanted is sold out, just wait for the next "limited" run.

#13 8 years ago

And just for the record, I owned a WoZ standard

#14 8 years ago

It's ridiculous. I fear for the unsuspecting newbie who will be duped into buying this 'Frankenstein' game and will end up with something worth less than a standard when they go to sell it given no collector or hobbyist would want this. Jack made them take down the original title of 'Emerald City Green' and the picture of the EC topper. Myself and a number of other distributors who follow the rules are not happy to see this. It makes us all look bad. The WOZ is a great product - just sell the real game.

For those of you who want a REAL WOZ - PinballSTAR has the real Standard and 75th's IN STOCK. I'd love to blow out my remaining WOZ stock by Christmas as focus shifts to the Hobbit starting production this month. Give me a shout for discounted pricing.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#15 8 years ago

The picture isn't accurate as it has the ECLE apron as well in the picture which obviously these won't have.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That game does not come from JJP. Also the picture isn't accurate either as it has the ECLE apron as well in the picture which obviously these won't have.

Oops, at first glance, I thought it was pinballsales.com, not pinballs.com

Which edition was supposed to come with the topper that had the wizard and bowls of flame? The ECLE photos I'm seeing seem to have a topper with the emerald city.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I do agree though...it's getting beyond a little silly. Was originally supposed to be standards and ECLE's only. Now there are standards, LEs, RRs, Greens...kind of takes away from the "special" aspect. If the "limited" run you wanted is sold out, just wait for the next "limited" run.

I will give Jack a huge amount of credit for one thing... regardless of the edition, trim or whatever, ALL flavors of WOZ play exactly the same. No matter which one you buy, used or new, it's the same game, same rules, same shots. (I'm not counting the redemption bit as I consider that a separate upgrade product). I like that JJP is keeping that consistent through future games as well.

#18 8 years ago

$9,495 looks like pat will have the first NIB to break $10,000

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

$9,495 looks like pat will have the first NIB to break $10,000

And it looks like it'll be my first opportunity to save 10k.

#20 8 years ago

If I were you people, and you were interested in getting a WOZ, I'd get it from Joe at PinballStar. One of the nicest, most honest guys you can deal with (just look at all the machines he donates to childrens' hospitals).

Anybody that pays 9.5k for this fake-green piece of shit is a complete sucker. Get the RR from Joe and know that he'll back up your purchase with the best support out there.

#21 8 years ago

... Or other legit distributors near you... Buddy in VA, Gary in MI, Jesse in IN, Chris in WI, and others I don't know as well. Support the guys who hump games to multiple shows all year long so everyone can play them...

#22 8 years ago

Is Automated's Green Edition manufactured by JJP or is it assembled by Automated employees with some spare parts?

Doesn't Stern make special edition games for Automated as well since they are the largest stocking dealer of their machines?

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is Automated's Green Edition manufactured by JJP or is it assembled by Automated employees with some spare parts?
Doesn't Stern make special edition games for Automated as well since they are the largest stocking dealer of their machines?

Yes they have. I know they made a special SM run. I believe they also did a FYG rerun a few years back.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

... Or other legit distributors near you... Buddy in VA, Gary in MI, Jesse in IN, Chris in WI, and others I don't know as well. Support the guys who hump games to multiple shows all year long so everyone can play them...

i can say that i do this. My personal Wizard of Oz has been brought to the Mad Rollin Pinball Charity event 2 years in a row now. I will be bring my personal WoZ and Hobbit (if i have it) to MGC also. A lot of work goes into be a distributor for a company. It not just get on the phone and sell a game. there are follow up calls, service calls, shows (allentown, expo, texas, midwest gaming, etc, etc) that machines have to be brought to, set up, maintained, and broken down. When i am at midwest gaming i am there working, not playing. Yes, there is reward to it, but many of you know me and know that i am not driving around in a new cadillac, or live in a mansion (yes, i do have my Harley, but it was purchased used, not new) I live modestly and enjoy what i do.

Support your local distributor, and they will support your local pinball community.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I actually called as I thought they were ECLEs. They were made up to look like them but they are not the ECLE. They are there own LE. No wood apron.
I ended up purchasing a Ruby Red from a fellow pinsider.

congratulations on the pickup tom. can't wait to beat you are your own game... maybe.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, thank god it doesn't have that awful direct print cab the ECLEs had. I'd much prefer a decaled cabinet I can swap out. I always wanted a Smaug Edition WOZ.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm waiting for some nitwit to crawl out from under a rock and say that these will be the most valuable of the WOZ machines because of their rarity. Right about now, somebody with a RR75 is feeling duped.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

And it looks like it'll be my first opportunity to save 10k.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

If I were you people, and you were interested in getting a WOZ, I'd get it from Joe at PinballStar. One of the nicest, most honest guys you can deal with (just look at all the machines he donates to childrens' hospitals).
Anybody that pays 9.5k for this fake-green piece of shit is a complete sucker. Get the RR from Joe and know that he'll back up your purchase with the best support out there.

Ha, HA, HA we get it . You don't like JJP and you are upset with the one you have in your collection...let it go.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Ha, HA, HA we get it . You don't like JJP and you are upset with the one you have in your collection...let it go.

Trying to figure out if you're serious about this or not. I'm a HUGE JJP supporter and WOZ was the reason I got back into pinball. I LOVE that machine. This green version is a dog, though...and I don't quite get why you think I'm upset with mine when I'm telling people to get a RR75 from PinballStar. So...what up wid dat???

#28 8 years ago

I just purchased one of these. Maybe I'm a sucker but it fit what I was looking for. I like the green more than other versions. I don't need an LE number. The market seemed to dry up lately and the prices I was seeing for used green LEs were close enough to this (after discount & great shipping rate) that I decided to go for it. I will be happy with a NIB Woz whatever version this is.

Also FYI, since I was worried about it, I called JJP. I spoke with both Jen & Jack and they both backed up that this was made at their shop just last month.

Who knows what the resale of this will entail, but I'm not buying it for that.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

I just purchased one of these. Maybe I'm a sucker but it fit what I was looking for. I like the green more than other versions. I don't need an LE number. The market seemed to dry up lately and the prices I was seeing for used green LEs were close enough to this (after discount & great shipping rate) that I decided to go for it. I will be happy with a NIB Woz whatever version this is.
Also FYI, since I was worried about it, I called JJP. I spoke with both Jen & Jack and they both backed up that this was made at their shop just last month.

Congratulations and enjoy your game.

I am still unclear why many went out of their way to criticize this new model. It seems that this is a one off that Jack did for their largest dealer. Based upon all of the negative comments I thought it was a game that Automated did on their own with some spare parts they found lying around.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Congratulations and enjoy your game.
I am still unclear why many went out of their way to criticize this new model. It seems that this is a one off that Jack did for their largest dealer. Based upon all of the negative comments I thought it was a game that Automated did on their own with some spare parts they found lying around.

It's the constant smaller and smaller "LE" runs that JJP is doing. It's a bit of a slap in the face to early adopters that thought they were actually getting an LE. This time, it's like a near-beer version of an ECLE - right color, but really watered down. And all the talk about the value of the machines being valued more due to smaller runs are just wrong at this point. I don't think anybody cares what friggin' color or version they have anymore.

I'm always happy for somebody that gets a new machine and don't mean to detract from bkfiv's excitement at his purchase. But ALL pinball companies have to stop this bullshit of adding "new and limited" editions (like Stern did with the Luci, burning some premium buyers who would have preferred one of those).

Tell us what our buying options are up front so we can buy the machine we want and not feel like suckers down the road.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Can you post a pic of the topper? Thanks.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Curious, what does the topper look like?

EDIT: Taylor, I must have been reading your mind when writing my post.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Support the guys who hump games

#34 8 years ago

Machine is being delivered Monday. Topper is being drop shipped so I'm not sure if it will arrive Monday or not.

They were pretty open to letting me get whatever topper I wanted. The one they planned on including was the all green one. I requested the one with the Fire on the sides though.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's the constant smaller and smaller "LE" runs that JJP is doing. It's a bit of a slap in the face to early adopters that thought they were actually getting an LE. This time, it's like a near-beer version of an ECLE - right color, but really watered down. And all the talk about the value of the machines being valued more due to smaller runs are just wrong at this point. I don't think anybody cares what friggin' color or version they have anymore.
I'm always happy for somebody that gets a new machine and don't mean to detract from bkfiv's excitement at his purchase. But ALL pinball companies have to stop this bullshit of adding "new and limited" editions (like Stern did with the Luci, burning some premium buyers who would have preferred one of those).
Tell us what our buying options are up front so we can buy the machine we want and not feel like suckers down the road.

I agree with what you have said. However, an authorized dealer claimed that this version is somehow not a "real" game. It now appears that this version is very much a real game, but it is a game only one authorized dealer is able to provide. This was the reason for my confusion.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I agree with what you have said. However, an authorized dealer claimed that this version is somehow not a "real" game. It now appears that this version is very much a real game, but it is a game only one authorized dealer is able to provide. This was the reason for my confusion.

Well, one of two things is happening here. Either JJP made this one version for one distributor and screwed his other distros, or a bunch of distributors agree with me and think enough is enough with squeezing money out of different LEs and don't really want anything to do with this one. Either option sucks. Glad I got in before the drama.

Let me be clear on this: Great machine, no matter what f**king color it is.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Machine is being delivered Monday. Topper is being drop shipped so I'm not sure if it will arrive Monday or not.
They were pretty open to letting me get whatever topper I wanted. The one they planned on including was the all green one. I requested the one with the Fire on the sides though.

Did you see the "custom topper"
Mentioned in the ad?

#38 8 years ago

Yes but I wasn't familiar enough with the toppers I guess. I knew I liked the one from the ad better than the allotted green one they had. Maybe there's a new custom one out there & I don't know about it but it doesn't seem like it.

#39 8 years ago

GreenWizard(2).JPGGreenWizard(2).JPG

This is the picture.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

GreenWizard(2).JPG
This is the picture.

That's the topper that came with the standards.

#41 8 years ago

Yeah, I wasn't interested in that. I guess I missed the customer topper clarification. I'll ask.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, one of two things is happening here. Either JJP made this one version for one distributor and screwed his other distros, or a bunch of distributors agree with me and think enough is enough with squeezing money out of different LEs and don't really want anything to do with this one. Either option sucks. Glad I got in before the drama.
Let me be clear on this: Great machine, no matter what f**king color it is.

Lol.... actually maybe more than your two scenarios is happening here. The crap about Frankenstein'd games & price drop predictions from certain distributors & your bashing is the only drama I see here..... It's obviously not a WOZLE but more custom than a standard - so what....... Ain't no way in hell the resale will be less than a standard (imho)

#43 8 years ago

With all the versions they have chugged out now, it doesn't matter what one you have really.
And it seems that the "limited editions" could actually be the most common, go figure.
It's not hard to see what the mfg are doing, they see all the pinside modders, and do what they do to make more $$$$
Every run can be slightly different, just to make em sell.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So let's see...
Wizard of Oz:
Emerald City limited edition
Standard edition (with clearcoated cab)
Standard edition (decals on cab)
Ruby red 75th limited anniversary edition
Aussie Rescue Red edition
Limited Green edition
Have I missed any? Do the S/Ns of the new green games start with SPP?
Jersey "There is only one LE" Jack

There's also the AU LE, which is identical to the EC LE but without the wood apron. Has the same direct print cab, green armour and topper with cups/WOZ head.

#45 8 years ago

I don't see the big deal. It is not an LE, and it is just customized. Anyone can do that. As long as the customer is happy. Doesn't bother me one bit. Game play is the same, it's just cosmetics.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Lol.... actually maybe more than your two scenarios is happening here. The crap about Frankenstein'd games & price drop predictions from certain distributors & your bashing is the only drama I see here..... It's obviously not a WOZLE but more custom than a standard - so what....... Ain't no way in hell the resale will be less than a standard (imho)

I'm bashing the ethics of it. And I'm right. It may be good for business in the short term, but it will hurt sales with loyal customers down the road.

#47 8 years ago

Hey beelzeboob. You are the biggest cry baby on this site. All you do is go around and stir the pot!!! For those of us that have LE's there will never be another game made with all the details that make it and LE. Car makers have several models of the same car. Sears has several models of the same hand tools. How about giving JJP a break its called BUSINESS my friend he is not trying to hurt someone its BUSINESS. I was there when you made an ass of yourself at llyods show by using your cell phone to ask a question. Jared walked out of the room because of you You need meds!!!!

Let's keep the site about pinball and stop bashing the people that help support the hobby

Mayboyz

#48 8 years ago

This somehow doesn't excite me one way or the other. All WOZ machines have the same number of flippers, playfields, etc. so they all can be pretty much enjoyed equally. Congrats on your purchase!

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

I was there when you made an ass of yourself at llyods show by using your cell phone to ask a question. Jared walked out of the room because of you You need meds!!!!

...and you need a sense of humor. You show your inexperience here calling me a crybaby. I'm the furthest thing from it. Welcome to Pinside.

BTW...a year ago, I was accused of being a JJP fanboy. Now I'm a crybaby. Time to pay homage to RobT:

#50 8 years ago

Be a big boy and take your dress off. Support the hobby and stop looking for ways to stir trouble

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.00
$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-green-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.