Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz_chipping (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 11.05.23 AM (resized).png
oz fans (resized).jpeg

#1 11 days ago

Someone needs to follow through with making an official Wizard of Oz fans mod.

Saw this Woz for sale today, $24k, that includes a fans mod

I crafted, what I think is the first introduction of the fan mod.

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 11.05.23 AM (resized).pngoz fans (resized).jpeg

#2 11 days ago

Let's go guys. We need this! Sell as a plug and play kit or post the components to build your own. This should be a fairly simple mod to do. The house is the trigger and mount two low voltage fans on either side of the Topper. People are leaving money on the table.

#3 11 days ago

I 3D printed a tornado with a fan. I need to modify my design needs because I think it looks like a birdhouse, but I get the effect I wanted.

Just a nice breeze, not a wind tunnel.

image (resized).jpg

#4 11 days ago

Let's get creative..

#5 8 days ago

Matt1724 that imagination, creativity, and execution is wow. Convincing me I really should get into printing.

I’m going to send this forum to the wonderful wizards of Mezel. Thats where I bought the wiring harnesses to make my fans.

#6 8 days ago

Wow, $24k and there is a big old chunk missing from the house play field.

#7 7 days ago

You may get more interest if you change the wording of the subject.

It looks like another WOZ fan thread, instead of a "tornado wind" mod for Woz.

I'd be interested in this mod. Either as a direct purchase or as a kit if OP provides resources to the components, and/or 3D print files for the fan brackets.

#8 7 days ago

RTS really good feed back… Changing title now

#9 7 days ago

Spyderturbo007 you got that eagle eye, wow great catch.

On my own WoZ, I started to see it happen and bought the reflective band to protect that lower playfield. That's how I knew what you were calling out

woz_chipping (resized).jpeg
#10 7 days ago
Quoted from AckerApple:

Spyderturbo007 you got that eagle eye, wow great catch.
On my own WoZ, I started to see it happen and bought the reflective band to protect that lower playfield. That's how I knew what you were calling out

I'm missing a chunk there too.

#11 7 days ago

I crafted, what I think is the first introduction of the fan mod.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You did this 4 years ago and there hasn't been more attention on this until now??
This looks amazing.

Can you share the components you used? It looks like this is the fan: amazon.com link »

My first 3D printer is arriving tomorrow, this looks like a great project to play around with for a fan facade.

#12 7 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Wow, $24k and there is a big old chunk missing from the house play field.

Not to mention the heavy wear throughout look at the flipper buttons.

This game was heavily routed. At least 65,000 plays on it.

#13 6 days ago

Also be interested in the components list in you would share. Saw this mod on another machine listing and would love to add that effect to my game. Well done!

#14 6 days ago

Well I saw the video yesterday, ordered a couple fans (link in my last post), and got it hooked up today! Now I’m wondering how to make it more powerful, and how to angle them downward a bit.

I bought 10’ of wire and the 2 fans and that’s all you need if you don’t mind cutting in to the house motor wires.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside