Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151202_164715.jpg
#1 8 years ago

1) Speakers not playing audio at all. Not even when you turn up or down the volume.

2) Drop target guarding the upper left playfield not functioning.

3) The lift at the back of the playfield is not working properly when Dorothy is captured. At the very least, it's still registering that Dorothy is captured.

4) The only lights functioning are the ones in the upper center of the playfield. All of the other LED's on the left, right, and lower center playfield are turned completely off with no interaction whatsoever. Any advice on what to do with all of these issues?

20151202_164715.jpg20151202_164715.jpg

#2 8 years ago

You might one fuse out causing all the mechanical issues and you have an LED board out.. Sometimes the issues look really bad but can be one simple fix. If so two easy fixes and JJP tech support or your distributor can help you. Submit a trouble ticket at JJP website. Lloyd and Frank are the best and will help you.
Joe

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

You might one fuse out causing all the mechanical issues and you have an LED board out.. Sometimes the issues look really bad but can be one simple fix. If so two easy fixes and JJP tech support or your distributor can help you. Submit a trouble ticket at JJP website. Lloyd and Frank are the best and will help you.
Joe

I sent a support ticket to Jersey Jack. Thank you for the advice!

#4 8 years ago

1) - Is the mute button on the coin door enabled ? Behind the coin door is a black slide switch between the coin door and mute button and LEDs, be sure that board isn't muted and turned off.

2 ) - switch at the bottom of the drop target assembly is likely loose or came off.

3) - does the monkey work in monkey test ?

4 ) - The LED boards are wired in series, a straight line. If one goes out, all those after it go out. By your picture W6 ( the first one ) is on, this goes to #29, #1, #2, etc. Find the last working LED board, the first one after it that is out is the LED board that needs to be replaced. Page C-52 in the manual shows how the data harnesses run from board to board to help you figure this out.

LTG : )

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

1) - Is the mute button on the coin door enabled ? Behind the coin door is a black slide switch between the coin door and mute button and LEDs, be sure that board isn't muted and turned off.
2 ) - switch at the bottom of the drop target assembly is likely loose or came off.
3) - does the monkey work in monkey test ?
4 ) - The LED boards are wired in series, a straight line. If one goes out, all those after it go out. By your picture W6 ( the first one ) is on, this goes to #29, #1, #2, etc. Find the last working LED board, the first one after it that is out is the LED board that needs to be replaced. Page C-52 in the manual shows how the data harnesses run from board to board to help you figure this out.
LTG : )

1) I don't own the machine, but I looked on the front and the audio looks like it isn't muted. There were lights that were turned on.

2) Yep. More than likely.

3) Again, don't own the machine. All I know is that the monkey doesn't climb down or up.

4) Should be helpful. Thank you!

#6 8 years ago

The sound problem sounds like the same I had with the board closest the player in the box in the cabinet.

#7 8 years ago

Edit: O-Z lights may not be applied...making a new post.

#8 8 years ago

If the upper lanes (O-Z) GI are not working, then we might have narrowed it down to three possibilities. Might want to test out the lights in that order just in case.

#9 8 years ago

I have the identical light situation. Did you narrow this problem down? If so what? thanks.

#10 8 years ago

My light situation is fixed! My machine was one of the few with the undersized power supply inductor. I requested and received an entire power supply board for replacement. No charge and I am a year out of warranty! This fixed op's identical led problem. I didn't think the inductor issue could be related as this replacement was preventative (so I thought).

3 years later
#11 5 years ago

Anyone have the serial # range for which ones had this power supply issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-ecle-various-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.