pasted_image (resized).png
DSC_0032 (resized).jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

The shooter lane is missing a little something, no? Here is our first in a few dress-up mods for this area. Painless install, easily removable. Comes in 6" segments so if you have Toto it will fit behind him and you could fit some or all of another segment past him. No Toto? Then you can fit two segments one after another.

Stay tuned for some complimentary pieces that will kick it up another notch. Corn field rows are shipping now, come and get 'em!

https://pinballmods.co/pinball-mods/wizard-oz-pinball-corn-field-rows-mod

Now with added fence option: https://pinballmods.co/pinball-mods/woz-field-fence-shooter-lane-mod

DSC_0005 (resized).jpgDSC_0005 (resized).jpgDSC_0006 (resized).jpgDSC_0006 (resized).jpgDSC_0007 (resized).jpgDSC_0007 (resized).jpg

1105191012 (resized).jpg1105191012 (resized).jpg1105191019 (resized).jpg1105191019 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago
DSC_0027 (resized).jpgDSC_0027 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago
DSC_0032 (resized).jpgDSC_0032 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago

Thanks. Me too.. I've long wanted to do something there and finally this pretty simple thing came together.

#6 4 years ago

Hmmm, I rather like that good job. Need to see which art blades I have as that fits the art perfect. Very creative.

#7 4 years ago

Hey thanks, much appreciated.

#8 4 years ago

I like these, good work

#9 4 years ago

It looks amazing! I’m in Harry!

#10 4 years ago
#11 4 years ago

Do you have a picture of the grassy mound ? And one of the black rectangle ?

I want one but I don't know which one to pick !

#12 4 years ago

I am going to print the black rectangle today, hopefully you won't even see it in the picture

The grass is on the way to me, hopefully any day.

#13 4 years ago

Got sidetracked on the black rectangle front.. thought some of you might be interested in this. Raw print right out of the printer, needs finish work and weathered paint. Base can either be black or grass.

I don't think I can deal with the rails not lining up like in the side art. Gonna have to make that change.

Also, I'm gonna make a section with a broken fence, per the art. So there will be some options.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Also going to play around with Toto (that didn't sound right) to see how that might work out best. I'd like to get a few sections of corn and at least one fence section without it crowding the dog.

Someone ordered today who has pin stadiums. I am working on an option for him to put it around and on top of the hover mount.

#14 4 years ago

Fence and corn are awesome Harry, great idea. You got me, I will buy this when ready.

#15 4 years ago

Post the rectangle base as well from the top when you can.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Corn field rows are shipping now, come and get 'em!

SWEEEET!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Post the rectangle base as well from the top when you can.

It printed this morning. When I get back home I'll post it

#18 4 years ago

Here is the first black strip. I've already made some changes. It's half as tall. The ends are smoothed so it's not an abrupt vertical end and I'm going to print a higher quality this time for a smoother finish. This was lightly sanded but it was pretty rough. Also going to use a different clear on it with less sheen. I don't even this this clear is cured, lol.

I'm thinking about adding a minor amount of wood texture to it to match the rails.

#19 4 years ago

Btw, which way do you all have your Toto pointing? Mine was originally pointing down towards the player. These were a little long to fit so I moved him out of the way. I shortened the black one enough to fit now and I'll do the same on the dirt one.

#20 4 years ago

Here's the grass on the black strip. It will look much better on the dirt layout I think. Just wanted to see what the grass looked like. This is the "mowed" grass, I have some tufts coming too, which might be interesting. Obviously it's much less prominently green with the stalks installed.

#21 4 years ago

Updated black strip. Hastily finished but you get the idea.

#22 4 years ago

Instead of the black rectangle.... are you able to do it with the dirt, but black dirt instead of the brown?

#23 4 years ago

Good idea. I'll print one.

#24 4 years ago

I'm working on a magnet mount so you can easily remove these little mods if you need to work in the area.

#25 4 years ago

I like the rectangle base. and matching it with a wood grain as mentioned would be even better imo. Id like it to look like its essentially growing out of the rails..

#26 4 years ago

Ok, going to make some changes based on feedback. Also going to embed some magnets for mounting. Basically I'll countersink the magnets into the base, small neodymium ones, and there will be a thin metal plate you will mount to the rail. It will be hidden but also black so will be hardly noticeable if you remove the corn stalks. It will be installed with some 3M double stick fabric tape which is easy to remove if you no longer want it. This way not only do these get knocked off before breaking (so ball, or hand, or whatever hits them) but also they can easily just be removed for general work on the game without having to re-stick them.

Here's a test..with some really tiny magnets.

#27 4 years ago

Got new some grass in today. It's for another mod but could be used here too. Gonna mess with it to see how much comes off of it. Once the initial loose strands come off it seems to stick together pretty good.

#28 4 years ago

Looking at all of the various options you are toying with, I think I am sold on the rectangle dirt. Basically the black rectangle you did without the harsh edges, but in the dirt color/texture. I think those in the back (and on my hover) with the fence in the front on the small rail will look great! The grass looks pretty good, but the "loose strands" don't sound good to me inside a pinball machine and I still can't get past the fact that corn doesn't grow out of grass... lol. I know the movie had some green under the corn, but I just can't wrap my head around that one.

#29 4 years ago

I definitely want one, but I am going to see how the magnets/improvements hash out.

#30 4 years ago

Yea, gotta pair this down. Might just take off grass. Rectangle or mound in either finish.

Will update with magnets when Amazon delivers.

#31 4 years ago

Yes, we could just make a fence and print it as one piece. Or, we could build a fence and let you customize how you want it laid out. Real mortise and tenant jointery Here's a basic 6" section of fence. 3 posts, 4 rails, 4 end boards. Optional to have no end boards or have on broken rail. Dirt mounds around the post bases or a single flat rectangular base. Lots of options

#33 4 years ago

Ok, got the "mound" printed in black and brown, recessed magnets and testing the different mounting plate options to see what holds the best. Anyone who already ordered I'll contact and see if they are happy with the base they chose given the new options.

A few more tweaks on the fence and I'll post the final version of all this stuff. Really liking the look it gives. Just wait till you see the other dress-up mods we have coming for WOZ.

#34 4 years ago

Ok, got the "mound" printed in black and brown, recessed magnets and testing the different mounting plate options to see what holds the best. Anyone who already ordered I'll contact and see if they are happy with the base they chose given the new options.
A few more tweaks on the fence and I'll post the final version of all this stuff. Really liking the look it gives. Just wait till you see the other dress-up mods we have coming for WOZ.

Excellent! Thank you for the update Scott, I hope that my package arrives soon

Regards

#35 4 years ago

I get my RRWOZ this week and am looking forward to putting all these amazing mods under the glass!!! I really hope the witch and monkey mods make a comeback run!

#36 4 years ago

Here is the fence with some options. Complete fence, broken fence. Dirt strip or post mounds. Next step, finishing.

Quoted from Dashmonster:

I get my RRWOZ this week and am looking forward to putting all these amazing mods under the glass!!! I really hope the witch and monkey mods make a comeback run!

Steve hinted he is making more. We have ours for pre-sale. Finished pictures and video of flame effects posted this week.

https://pinballmods.co/pinball-mods/wizard-oz-pinball-flaming-wicked-witch-mod-with-realistic-fire

#37 4 years ago

Any chance you could photo those 2 fence options on the actual rail? I think the post mounds are a cool idea but not sure how they would look on the rail where the black dirt strip I think would blend a lot better. Still trying to figure out my final selections for when you are ready to ship.

Thanks!

#38 4 years ago

Really coming along, definitely going to order the corn rows and fence once it all gets finalized (along with the flickering hot air balloon).

Where did you get those gorgeous art blades from? They didn't seem to come with the RR edition, but it's always hard to find definitive answers on these things.

#39 4 years ago

Photos - Definitely will take some photos in place. I was testing some finish options, very soon.

Art blades - They are these, listed as the "official" ones, not sure if that means JJP offers them or whatever. I really like them.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

These make me smile

Me, too! Lol!!!!

#41 4 years ago

On the grassy knoll?

#42 4 years ago

Or with dirty mounds?

#43 4 years ago

One more please... Black base on black rails!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

One more please... Black base on black rails!

BLACK rails? Really? I mean... I can.

#45 4 years ago

The fence is now posted for your consideration: https://pinballmods.co/pinball-mods/woz-field-fence-shooter-lane-mod

I am going to email everyone who ordered the corn to confirm their choice in bases and finishes as well as offer them a discount on the fence if they would like to add it on. PM me if you ordered and didn't get an email today.

#46 4 years ago

BLACK rails? Really? I mean... I can.

No, sorry... Leave the fence alone, I just meant the black base (before the grass was applied) affixed to the stock black wood rails inside the game. Just want to see what the black base looks like installed on the game. Sorry for the confusion.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

No, sorry... Leave the fence alone, I just meant the black base (before the grass was applied) affixed to the stock black wood rails inside the game. Just want to see what the black base looks like installed on the game. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, got it. Rectangle base or the oblong mound?

Eventually I'll get a picture of each one. Gotta get more printed today.

#48 4 years ago

The oblong mound is probably good in black because it will blend with the black under it. The brown dirt in oblong looked strange when it was under the corn due to the contrast. In that case, the rectangle looked better because it carried to the edge and you lost the contrast of the black and brown. I think the black oblong under the fence will look great because it will blend but give it some texture. I guess we will see... I could be completely wrong. lol

#49 4 years ago

No no, that's why I offered it. I figured some people would want the feathered sides to blend in and some would want the rectangle. So both are there. I have some black Witch bases being finished up here soon so I can print those options and take some pics. I have a few fence sections already done I can mount. I tested some finishing effects for the dirt and the wood and I think they will impress. It's a 4 step paint and finish process but I think it makes the end result really quality looking.

#50 4 years ago

Solid black fence mounts are curing.

I put together some arrangements today, here's a look at one. I moved Toto in this shot so depending on your desired look you may want to do that, just a single screw. I sort of thought the fence looked nice in front of three sections of corn stalks but multiple fences and/or corn stalks on their own have a cool look. I'll take some more complete pics once these other fences are done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-corn-fields-by-pmc?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.