• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pindome
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

WOZ opened in the teens - dropped to the 90's & now in the 50's

As the code matures and more people get to play the game it will not be long before WOZ is in the 20. Even with the 1 ratings, I believe this game is going to be very high rated.

#2 10 years ago

Needs more people rating it a 10, then you're in business!

#3 10 years ago

Not a chance with threads like this and so many haters not even giving new games a chance these days.
The rating system needs an overhaul. Not factoring into the calculation the top and bottom 10 percent of the ratings would be a good start. Also, ratings should only be counted in the calculations if they are public (not private as so many have theirs).

WOZ shouldn't even be rated yet because it is not close to being a finished game.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, ratings should only be counted in the calculations if they are public (not private as so many have theirs).

Strongly agree with this. Big time.

#5 10 years ago

Are we going to get a new thread like this every week? Hasn't it been universally agreed that the charts are meaningless for new games? It really would be better that new tables shouldn't be included until at least a year after release, maybe even longer. I think that new tables need to be played for a long period of time by many people before the ratings actually reflect the public consensus. Wait until the software is finished at least on these things?

Don't get me wrong, I do think the games should be discussed; but on the forum. Definitive ratings should come much later. All they do is muck up the real charts.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, ratings should only be counted in the calculations if they are public (not private as so many have theirs).

Very good idea

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

It really would be better that new tables shouldn't be included until at least a year after release, maybe even longer.

Even better of an idea!!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Are we going to get a new thread like this every week?

As long as you respond (as I did) it must be a valid thread.

I agree that I really wish people would give the machines more time before rating.

#9 10 years ago

Rating system works fine. WOZ seems to be a good game even with those 10s and 1s.
If you disagree with WOZs position it's YOUR skewed perception, not a flaw of the rating system.

#10 10 years ago

Bogus thread. The current rank of the game is wholly inaccurate. Way too many people have either given it a 1 or a 10, strictly to influence the rank of the game. Haters give it a 1, then fanboys give it a 10 to counterract the 1s, which is equally childish. Hopefully people will grow up before they undermine what is typically a helpful tool for evaluating games pre-purchase.

#11 10 years ago

Ab your a mod on this site. Is the rating system cast in stone or is it possibly open for change? It seems like a lot of people, myself included have come up with some good suggestions to make the ratings more fair therefore more relevant.

Do you have the juice to see if this is a subject that Robin would open up to discussion and possibly make some tweaks based on member suggestions?

#12 10 years ago

Just put the game at #1 ! If it is anything less, it will be because of all the haters. Don't let the haters win and put the stamp of #1 on it NOW !

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Ab your a mod on this site. Is the rating system cast in stone or is it possibly open for change? It seems like a lot of people, myself included have come up with some good suggestions to make the ratings more fair therefore more relevant.
Do you have the juice to see if this is a subject that Robin would open up to discussion and possibly make some tweaks based on member suggestions?

Did you see the other thread about the top 100 in which I posted today? Here it is:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-should-criteria-for-top-100-be-changed

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Did you see the other thread about the top 100 in which I posted today? Here it is:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-should-criteria-for-top-100-be-changed

Robin,

Excellent, this is exactly what I was referring to. I just reviewed the thread you referenced, I will make comments in that thread after giving it some more thought.

I read your post of a few hours ago and just the few items you mention will bring a lot more credibility to "The Top 100".

Thanks Robin for always looking for new ways to make Pinside better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-climbing-in-the-top-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.