Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0510 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hopefully, someone out there can help me. Not sure what is going on with Jersey Jack Pinball but this was all before the Covid-19 issue.

I put a call and ticket on in mid-January. I tried to email and call a few times to get an update but no response. Finally, after 3 weeks they respond and say they have been busy. They tell me to check and try a few things. So I did and responded on 2/14. Still no response back. I tried a follow-up email and call but nothing. So I will try it here.

It looks like I just have a bad LED board and need to replace it. At least that is what I am going to try. My only question right now is I do not know which board to order. I am not sure if it is the 7.5 volt or the 5 volt. I have attached pics here of the current board. Not sure if that is enough.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

IMG_0510 (resized).jpegIMG_0510 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

Get more pics of bigger boards too that say what board set you have. I found a lose connection on mine back at main board so trace wires back first and check connections.

#3 4 years ago

Looks to me like you have the 7.5 boards. Take that board out for right now until you can get another one. Just remove that board (connect previous board to the one ahead of the bad one) from the chain of boards and turn it off in the software so your lighting is correct.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Looks to me like you have the 7.5 boards. Take that board out for right now until you can get another one. Just remove that board (connect previous board to the one ahead of the bad one) from the chain of boards and turn it off in the software so your lighting is correct.

I have already removed it from the chain and disabled it in the software. That fixed the issue. Does it say on the board or another bigger board which one it is? How do I tell?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from techsponge:

Does it say on the board or another bigger board which one it is? How do I tell?

Small boards are all the same, just pointing different directions on their base. You can pull them off and stick back on a different direction if needed.

The big boards all have on them what they are. Also you can look at the data harness layout on page C-54 in the manual to figure out which big board is which.

If you don't have a manual, you can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Wizard Of Oz.

The same website, you can go to Store - Parts - Wizard Of Oz, and look through the boards to find the big one shaped like yours.

LTG : )

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Small boards are all the same, just pointing different directions on their base. You can pull them off and stick back on a different direction if needed.
The big boards all have on them what they are. Also you can look at the data harness layout on page C-54 in the manual to figure out which big board is which.
If you don't have a manual, you can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Wizard Of Oz.
The same website, you can go to Store - Parts - Wizard Of Oz, and look through the boards to find the big one shaped like yours.

Thanks. I know which board it is but I do not know if I have 5 volt or 7.5 volt. How can I determine that?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from techsponge:

How can I determine that?

Put a meter on any power connector and see if you have 5 volts DC or 7.5 volts DC.

Power supply might say right where the purple and black wires hook on. Look over the bigger boards and see if any have anything like 7.5 on them.

Otherwise you'd need to call Steve, Barry, or Jim at JJP to look up the build on your game and what is in it.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Put a meter on any power connector and see if you have 5 volts DC or 7.5 volts DC.
Power supply might say right where the purple and black wires hook on. Look over the bigger boards and see if any have anything like 7.5 on them.
Otherwise you'd need to call Steve, Barry, or Jim at JJP to look up the build on your game and what is in it.

Thanks. I do not have a meter to check. I will look at the boards to see if I can see something.

Unfortunately, JJP will not respond to phone calls or emails. I have tried. Well, they will, but it is taking 3-4 weeks for a response. Also not sure if they are even working during this virus.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from techsponge:

jjp is taking 3-4 weeks for a response.

That's not very good >:-O

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from techsponge:

Also not sure if they are even working during this virus.

It is spotty with the move and the Illinois shut down. No idea if NJ is shut down or not.

#11 4 years ago

I would think that whatever voltage is printed on the larger boards would apply to the smaller GI boards...

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I would think that whatever voltage is printed on the larger boards would apply to the smaller GI boards...

If it is, yes.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it is, yes.

Found it, 7.5. It is actually printed fairly big on all the big boards. I just never look there.

4 months later
#14 3 years ago

I have another light issue going on now. Thanks for the help on the last one. This one I do not know where to start. I understand the chain and finding the last one that works and disconneting and testing the ones right around it. This time no light work up until 123 then they work until the end. So where do I start? Does the chain work both ways? I tried removing board 6 because 5 worked and that did not work. Not sure where I need to look. Also at the same time, and not sure if related, the Wizard multi ball will sometime not release the balls at the end of the game. A restart will find them sometime otherwise you have to remove the glass and lift it manually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from techsponge:

Does the chain work both ways?

No, one direction.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from techsponge:

I have another light issue going on now. Thanks for the help on the last one. This one I do not know where to start. I understand the chain and finding the last one that works and disconneting and testing the ones right around it. This time no light work up until 123 then they work until the end. So where do I start? Does the chain work both ways? I tried removing board 6 because 5 worked and that did not work. Not sure where I need to look. Also at the same time, and not sure if related, the Wizard multi ball will sometime not release the balls at the end of the game. A restart will find them sometime otherwise you have to remove the glass and lift it manually.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It’s almost always either the last lit one in the chain or the first dark one that’s the issue, so if bypassing the first dark one didn’t do it, back up one board to the last lit one and bypass that instead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-board-out?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.