I love my new Wizard of Oz Ruby Red 75th Anniversary. Amazing game! I've got a bunch of questions, though. Hopefully some of you guys can help me out.
- I don't like black flipper rubbers. Does this game take the same size flipper rubbers as Williams games?
- While the light show is absolutely gorgeous, the playfield is awfully dim (I play in a mostly-dark room). There doesn't seem to be much GI to speak of. Is there a mod out there that solves this, without detracting from the light show? What are my best options?
- Has anyone tried the mod that puts LEDs in the eyes of the apple trees? opinions? is it worth paying extra for the effects box?
- Any other suggestions for mods? are there areas I should be adding cliffy protectors?
- Should I wax the playfield right off the bat, or is that unnecessary? The playfield doesn't feel as slick as my other games, which I wax regularly.
- I know whenever anyone buys a Stern game, the first piece of advice is change the balls. Is that true with WOZ as well? What are the best balls for a game with magnets?