New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 149669)

Wizard of OZ 75th Anniversary

By Tigixx

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by shimoda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1019_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).png
woz_(resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Hi Guys, I'm new here. but, I am hoping you can help. I just purchased a new WOZ 75th and it is less than a week old. The black flipper on the playfield is not springing back to it's original position. So, I thought I would lift the playfield and see if it was something that was obvious and minor. Upon lifting the playfield I heard a clunk and looked down when I saw these pieces laying there. Help they didn't package the manual in my game and are sending it any help would be appreciated.

woz_(resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

Find the other Allen bolt laying somewhere in there - they came loose & the coil bracket fell off. Add a dab of thread lock to the bolts & re-attach the coil.

#3 4 years ago

Looks like this:image_(resized).png

#4 4 years ago

Forgive me but I am new to fixing pinball machines. (thread lock (where do I buy it ?), coil bracket ?) and thanks for the heads up I will look for the other allen bolt. (found the second allen bolt).

#5 4 years ago

You can get it at any automotive or home improvement store - locktite or threadlock are the common names for it - get the blue color - it's not as strong as red. It prevents bolts from shaking loose. While your at it, look at the other flipper mechanisms on your game - WOZ has been known to shake the mechs loose - not just the bolts that came loose on yours, but also make sure the nut/bolts are tight holding the flipper shaft also.

#6 4 years ago

Thread lock is Loctite. It is OPTIONAL. May be nice, but is optional. The piece you found is called a coil stop. It goes on the flipper assembly on your game where the flipper coil is loose. It slides into the tube on the end of the flipper coil and then use the bolts to tighten it up with an Allen wrench.

"Built like a tank"

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

You can get it at any automotive or home improvement store - locktite or threadlock are the common names for it - get the blue color - it's not as strong as red. It prevents bolts from shaking loose. While your at it, look at the other flipper mechanisms on your game - WOZ has been known to shake the mechs loose - not just the bolts that came loose on yours, but also make sure the nut/bolts are tight holding the flipper shaft also.

Come on. Game's a week old. WOZ isn't known for shaking mechs loose; they are, obviously, not tightened properly in assembly, and then not caught in QA.

#8 4 years ago

Thanks Mountaingamer ! I will go get some from Home Depot. I will also check the other bolts when I do my repair looks simple enough. (the photo helps)

#9 4 years ago

Loctite is not usually necessary unless you have a chronic issue with a particular screw unscrewing itself.

Loctite is basically glue that is difficult to remove and it will make future maintenance very difficult.

As for the manual, it should be available for download on the JJP website.

#10 4 years ago

That's weird, my RR WOZ came with an enormous manual. (And a CD soft copy)

#11 4 years ago

I know I contacted the distributor. I received the cd copy but not the hard copy.

#12 4 years ago

I would pass on the loctite, firm up the bolts and use the loctite if it falls off again. I use loctite on my car engine water pump jobs to prevent seepage through the bolt threads. Seems overkill for a couple small bracket bolts.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I would pass on the loctite

Split ring lock washers.

LTG : )

#14 4 years ago

The hard copy is extra, It is like a coffee table book and cost is like 100.00

#15 4 years ago

yeah, but with my machine it was supposed to be included no extra charge.

#16 4 years ago

The hard copy of the WOZ manual is 2nd to none.

Well worth the money.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Come on. Game's a week old. WOZ isn't known for shaking mechs loose; they are, obviously, not tightened properly in assembly, and then not caught in QA.

I agree things weren't tightened right so I'm just saying while he's under there may as well check the other flippers also... Mine loosened up & the nut fell off on the left flipper mech early on - can't hurt to check.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The hard copy of the WOZ manual is 2nd to none.
Well worth the money.

Best pinball manual ever and beautiful as well.

#19 4 years ago

This happened on my WOZ a few weeks ago - the left main flipper stopped working and I found that both bolts had fallen out. (And only one will actually go back in - one of the female threaded pieces on top of the base plate is gone.) When I found the bolts in my coin box I also found a mystery component loose in there. Anyone recognize it?

IMG_1019_(resized).JPG

#20 4 years ago

Yep, very common on these machines. I had the exact same issue out of the box with ours. It also happened to my main flippers too. I just used a little bit of lock tite and they never wiggled out again.

#21 4 years ago

Electrolytic cap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside