image-206.jpg
image-897.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
WOZ flow cart on pin.jpg
image-344.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Sorry, basic question about preforming the update. I'm on a mac and once I finish the download (4.0) there isn't a zip file remaining. Do I move the entire, Woz Update onto the flash? Thanks in advance.

You probably have your machine set up to automatically open files. Which is really terrible security practice. Guessing Safari? You can go into your Preferences > General and uncheck automatically open "safe" files if you don't want it to do that.

Anyways, yes, it just automatically unzipped it for you is all.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Someone check me on this, but I thought there was a setting where you could choose when you wanted pop bumpers to be killed with the buttons, whether it was just when the Haunted mode was ready to collect, or at any time.

Yes, I saw that setting in the menus.

#103 9 years ago

I am.now getting monkey mag sense error and my sensor checked out ok if I runs a magnet over it but I can not get it to detect the ball and I have tried many locations and have flipped the board over 180 and still nothing any body else finding this

#104 9 years ago

Mine doesn't work either but I've ignored it for now. I adjusted it a while ago by turning it over and it worked fine for a while, but then failed a grab and didn't detect. Who's got the scoop on a perm fix mount method?

#105 9 years ago

Awesome update. This game just gets better and better. Thanks Keith and Ted for all your hard work. It is very much appreciated!!!

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Thanks Keith and Ted

And Alex.

#108 9 years ago

and Alex!

#109 9 years ago

No need to thank me. I do the background development. What I do doesn't impact your fun . Ted and Keith are the kings of that court. I just make sure you folks have a stable underlying platform that can be easily installed and/or updated. I don't get much flack on that front so mission accomplished?

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No need to thank me. I do the background development. What I do doesn't impact your fun . Ted and Keith are the kings of that court. I just make sure you folks have a stable underlying platform that can be easily installed and/or updated. I don't get much flack on that front so mission accomplished?

It's the whole crew. A game that is as fun as WOZ doesn't come from one person. It's Jack and Jen and Keith and Joe and Ted and Lloyd and Alex and the guy I saw putting on rails as I picked up my game, and the guy building small assemblies, and the guy helping load the trucks, and everybody who's signature is on the apron wood, and everyone that invested in the dream to build this game by pre-ordering it.

And in my opinion the result is spectacular. Bullcrap aside, the game itself is just amazing. And it took the entire team to make it that way. I know it makes me sound like a fanboy, but it has become the top game in my house. I feel like I'm miles way from actually "beating" it. It's a whole new combination of layers of difficulty. And that comes from everyone involved. Yesterday in about 10 minutes I had downloaded and updated my game. And Alex, you made that part easy, and Keith and Ted had given you code to load that was fantastic, and Jack put you all in the situation to do that.

Well done! Each and every one of you. Those I know contributed, and those I don't.

#111 9 years ago

The thing is a masterpiece! Eagerly looking forward to The Hobbit.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

The thing is a masterpiece! Eagerly looking forward to The Hobbit.

+1

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It's the whole crew. A game that is as fun as WOZ doesn't come from one person. It's Jack and Jen and Keith and Joe and Ted and Lloyd and Alex and the guy I saw putting on rails as I picked up my game, and the guy building small assemblies, and the guy helping load the trucks, and everybody who's signature is on the apron wood, and everyone that invested in the dream to build this game by pre-ordering it.
And in my opinion the result is spectacular. Bullcrap aside, the game itself is just amazing. And it took the entire team to make it that way. I know it makes me sound like a fanboy, but it has become the top game in my house. I feel like I'm miles way from actually "beating" it. It's a whole new combination of layers of difficulty. And that comes from everyone involved. Yesterday in about 10 minutes I had downloaded and updated my game. And Alex, you made that part easy, and Keith and Ted had given you code to load that was fantastic, and Jack put you all in the situation to do that.
Well done! Each and every one of you. Those I know contributed, and those I don't.

+1

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Sorry, basic question about preforming the update. I'm on a mac and once I finish the download (4.0) there isn't a zip file remaining. Do I move the entire, Woz Update onto the flash? Thanks in advance.

You will need to rename your folder to "woz_update" then drop it into your flash drive.

#115 9 years ago

So based on the 4.0 complete software package, is there now more code in this game than the Half Life video game?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

On the image deal, once you import them, are they only shown in attract mode? Are they mixed in with factory images? More details please.

No replies yet, so I'm assuming it's just an image viewer. Not integrated into attract mode.

It would be cool if you could add one or more pics to the attract mode, like the custom message. If it's just an image viewer, I can do that on my much bigger TV.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

» YouTube video

Problem is that it really does not show how to fix
A video on where the sensor board is located and not working then moving the sensor board around and showing when it does work correctly would be nicer.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Mine doesn't work either but I've ignored it for now. I adjusted it a while ago by turning it over and it worked fine for a while, but then failed a grab and didn't detect. Who's got the scoop on a perm fix mount method?

Plus One

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am.now getting monkey mag sense error and my sensor checked out ok if I runs a magnet over it but I can not get it to detect the ball and I have tried many locations and have flipped the board over 180 and still nothing any body else finding this

Same issue here........ bloody monkey sensor any clues how to fix this

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

No replies yet, so I'm assuming it's just an image viewer. Not integrated into attract mode.
It would be cool if you could add one or more pics to the attract mode, like the custom message. If it's just an image viewer, I can do that on my much bigger TV.

It's integrated into attract just like you describe. The image you install comes up once each cycle through the attract.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's integrated into attract just like you describe. The image you install comes up once each cycle through the attract.

Thank you. Asking for a friend, so I couldn't check for myself.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Thank you. Asking for a friend, so I couldn't check for myself.

It is the screen right before the custom message. I don't think the order changes.

#123 9 years ago

"There's no place like home"

image-897.jpgimage-897.jpg

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

"There's no place like home"

image-897.jpg 106 KB

Nice you got it working!

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Nice you got it working!

Indeed. I reduced the size on her picture, and changed the JPG to jpg on my Detroit Pinball League logo as well as the one pictured. Maybe having one picture over 2MB makes it unable to read either.....? or changing the file nomenclature to lower case did the trick??? Will it ever be possible to load more than one image on the game?

Thanks Alex.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Same issue here........ bloody monkey sensor any clues how to fix this

Someone else posted the following on the WOZ forum:

"My Monkey Magnet Sensor was also not working after upgrading to 4.0. All it needed was for the magnet to be flipped.

1) lift up the playfield all the way
2) unscrew the 3 screws holding the monkey magnet. there is no need to unplug anything.
3) carefully remove the magnet housing and center pole and you will see the donut shaped magnet
4) remove the magnet off the pole and flip it over and reinstall

Took me less then 5 minutes. to remove the three screws holding the monkey magnet."

Worked like a champ for me too.

#127 9 years ago

You gotta love JJP customer service:

I emailed Alex,

Two minutes later he calls me from his car

Three minutes later he has 4.0 on our WOZ (operator Error on my part downloading 4.0)

"Who you gonna call?" : ))

Thanks Alex!!

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Someone else posted the following on the WOZ forum:
"My Monkey Magnet Sensor was also not working after upgrading to 4.0. All it needed was for the magnet to be flipped.
1) lift up the playfield all the way
2) unscrew the 3 screws holding the monkey magnet. there is no need to unplug anything.
3) carefully remove the magnet housing and center pole and you will see the donut shaped magnet
4) remove the magnet off the pole and flip it over and reinstall
Took me less then 5 minutes. to remove the three screws holding the monkey magnet."
Worked like a champ for me too.

OK, I'll try this too, I guess. Thx for posting here!

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

You gotta love JJP customer service:
I emailed Alex,
Two minutes later he calls me from his car
Three minutes later he has 4.0 on our WOZ (operator Error on my part downloading 4.0)
"Who you gonna call?" : ))
Thanks Alex!!

You are very welcome . Great talking with you and I hope you are enjoying the game.

#130 9 years ago

From the release notes:

"* Vastly improved Witch Battle choreography."

Ummmm, yup, you guys sure did. I just beat her, and oh my goodness that is a vast improvement. The lighting is SO much better this way. And I'm finding that to be true all the way through 4.0. There seem to be a ton of little tweaks splashed throughout the whole thing. The entire game is just smoother now. Very well done! What a fun game.

#131 9 years ago

Is everybody having an issue on monkey sensor and flipping the magnet?

Ditto positive sentiments, GREAT JOB everybody and happy to have Alex and Lloyd provide so much help here on Pinside!

#132 9 years ago

"No need to thank me. I do the background development. What I do doesn't impact your fun . "

??? O really...

You help us keep the game running properly, which is a direct impact on our fun! Don't sell yourself short, you make a big difference in the fun, just by the help keeping the game working, we need a working game to have fun with, and you have been a big, huge help, in that dept.!!!

Thanks!

Tom

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ditto positive sentiments, GREAT JOB everybody and happy to have Alex and Lloyd provide so much help here on Pinside!

No Monkey Magnet error on my game, it worked fine after the update. maybe it's a 50/50 thing depending on how the magnet is installed. Like the flip of a coin...

Tom

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine is having the issue. I'm going to try the magnet flip solution tonight.

#135 9 years ago

I blew out fuse 702 testing the monkey magnet when trying to resolve my error.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No issue here with the monkey magnet. The only issue I'm having is my other games aren't getting played

#137 9 years ago

Man, the cannon ball keeps getting shinier and and shinier.

I haven't had nearly enough time on it to discover all the new stuff, but so far I really like how the end of game music and light show changes from game to game, the volume effects as more stuff starts happening and the HOADC display.

#138 9 years ago

No problem with mine after the update.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Mine is having the issue. I'm going to try the magnet flip solution tonight.

Ok, let me say that if you are messing around inside your game, you are the only one responsible for what happens in there. Don't blame me for any instructions I'm about to post here. After all, I'm just some jerk on the Internet.

I did the magnet flip and it resolved my issue very quickly.

I removed these 3 screws: (take a picture for how the wires go if you haven't done this type of thing before)

image-206.jpgimage-206.jpg

That entire plate and electromagnet slide out carefully.

The entire donut of electromagnet:

image-952.jpgimage-952.jpg

Slides off the top. Turn it over. Then reassemble it. Pay very close attention to the wires and their routing. Don't punch them under the plate, don't pull them, don't cut them.

The only surprise is the tape around the donut. Again, if you have never seen one they might look odd.

Then the usual warning. Make sure the screws are the right amount of tight.

Finally, with testing after, I had to roll the ball through the orbit sensor to have the magnet come on. Total fix time was less than 5 minutes.

This technique didn't come from me. It was someone on the WOZ group, backed up by Keith that it was a polarity issue. I found this fix much easier than moving the sensor around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-400-now-available/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.