image-971.jpg
image-282.jpg
image-93.jpg
IMG_20140316_173849_901.jpg
IMG_20140316_173707_563.jpg
image.jpg
image-652.jpg
0327141958.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 10 years ago

Not too stoked on 3.0. I updated and after a couple games the LEDs are not working on the RAINBOW word. Also I have had a couple phantom winged monkeys. Monkey comes down to grab the ball even though the ball is not even close to there. Any suggestions?

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well can't speak to the lights... But I think it was 2.0 that added being able to capture Dorothy(tm) from the left orbit. Sometimes the pops push the ball up high enough to trigger the orbit switch, but not far enough to get caught in the magnet. So the monkey doesn't bring anything up. However it is locked virtually and the yellow arrow on the backboard goes out.

That might be what has been happening. I do believe the ball was heading up the left orbit. But I gotta figure out the Rainbow letters. They flash once when I first turn on the machine but then that is it.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I just updated - it's so quick and easy - but I now have to open a ticket as it blew a light board - I have no lights on the right side, and then the lower left tnplh is out also. this just sucks - sorry to be so blunt. I will go open a ticket - I just want to buy some of these light boards as spares so my game isn't down while I wait - I got to play 1/2 a ball before it blew.
thanks ed

Damn so maybe I blew an LED board? That would totally suck. Is there a board that just runs the rainbow? I would doubt it. How do I check it?

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There's nothing to bypass. The rainbow is a single big board at an endpoint.

I would love to check connections to and from the rainbow board. Looking underneath and in the manual and can't for the life of me figure out what would be the rainbow board. This is insane... I can't imagine trying to fix a serious issue... I have 7 lights not working and can't even find where they are underneath. This sucks. I just tried pushing in all connections... Still no rainbow lights.

#202 10 years ago

LEDs not working... #67 (crystal ball hi GI), #57 (left sling GI), #57-#43 (yellow brick road 1-7), #8 (hourglass), #9 (YBR 8), #18-#10 (all scarecrow), #19-#48 (lion and rest of right side), #7-#1 (rainbow).

What a mess... What a joke. This is a quality machine?... Update software and all the lights go out? Tomorrow is April Fools Day. I'd say my purchase date was the same day. So how many boards are fried here? If I was an operator I would be super pissed. I hardly played this game when the lights worked... now without the lights? Yeah right.

I guess I will see how quick they respond and how well the warranty works.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Let me know the LED board numbers, not LED numbers, and you'll see how fast.
They are wired in series, a straight line. Go to Tests - LEDs - All LEDs and all LEDs working light up white. Then lift the playfield up and lean back so you can see the underside of the playfield and compare to page C-50 in the manual.
W6 is the first board, goes to #29, then #1, etc. etc. Find the last working one and the first one not working. The one not working needs to be replaced, as those after it go out.
Then let me know -
Your games serial number 0870 - - - -
Game number off of the apron XXX out of 1000
Name
Address
City State
Zip Code
Phone Number
LTG : )™

Quoted from LTG:

Incidentally I posted 7 minutes before you made this post.
Quick enough ?

Touché !! So I do feel like a total ass now... The last one working is W9 and first one not working is W1 (and everything after). I will PM you the rest of my info. I do take back my harsh comments... However all I did was upgrade my software and I do question why this would happen unless something poorly built somewhere.

Also everything in the chain makes sense and I can see W1 (looks like a dead fish to me) is the breakdown. However LED 67 on the diagram #15 is also not working. But that is not in the breakdown chain. (Everything before and after still working). I will keep the forum updated as to the quick enough for me comment

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've responded here, ticket desk, and emailed you. No response.
Quick don't happen without you.

I am quick at playing pinball.... Not so quick at fixing or figuring out the underside. I make no excuses for not being a technician.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No need, after 11 hours of tech support I found this all fun. You are entitled to make them.
I do wonder if #19 is wqorking, between W9 and W1, and #15 might be letting data through and not lighting. So we need to figure what you do need.
Thank you for your help,

Yeah #19 is working and it would seem #15 is sending data but not lighting. I will respond all by email now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-300-now-available?tu=pinchamp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.