image-971.jpg
image-282.jpg
image-93.jpg
IMG_20140316_173849_901.jpg
IMG_20140316_173707_563.jpg
image.jpg
image-652.jpg
0327141958.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 10 years ago

People eventually are going to see what a great "value" this game was in my opinion. I just bought one yesterday (drove 9 hours round trip) and set it up today with the 2.0 code (will set up 3.0 code shortly as I did not see it had come out). The game is LOADED with so many options and the price when compared to many NIB sterns (which I love by the way as I own LOTR, SM, IM, X-MENLE, AC/DC premium and METPRO so I am a HUGE fan of Stern so not knocking their games) are EXTEMELY reasonable. The game is built well and has a computer in it and a beautiful screen. Sure the production has been slow (well I didn't wait as I just bought a lightly used one as I am not into the "waiting game" for 1-2 years.....lol) but look at the code update process as well (much faster then Stern).

JJP is doing a great job in my opinion and hit a HOME RUN out of the gate on this title. Truly, I have no clue how they can sell them so cheaply for everything you get with this game.....I love X-MEN LE but they were around $7K out of the gate and you can't compare the games from a "bang for your buck standpoint"....plus, you get a nice topper as well with WOZ !!!

Great job JJP !!! My belief is Jack probably priced this game so attractively to get his "foot in the door" and looking back a few years people are going to understand what a GREAT VALUE this game was !!! It is so much fun and truly is now the focal point of my collection !!! The kids love it as well.

#67 10 years ago

IceMan......this is just about comparing Filet Mignon (WOZ) to Flank Steak (Stern games) as for the quality you get IMHO. I am glad others see this as well. Again, I love Stern games but if a NIB Stern LE is worth $7K a JJP game in my opinion is worth MUCH MORE and JJP gave everyone a great deal "out of the gate" as this game takes pinball up a notch or two.

I might even have to buy a HOBBIT.....I just don't like paying for a game way before it is delivered as I believe the day will come when one of these guys go "belly up" and people lose a lot of money.....risk/reward just isn't there for me even though I love the product JJP produces they are still a new company and I don't know enough about their financial strength (and a lot can happen in 1-2 years).....I prefer to buy and not wait especially since I felt I got the same deal that others got who waited for years without the wait or risk.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I played WOZ for a couple of hours last night. That is the longest I have played before. It's also the first time that I came away feeling that I was really really glad I bought this pin. It is amazing how much more differently it played compared to the other software versions. A great update, and the game play is starting to be in a new league of its own. The look of this game is incredible. I think the software is now comparable to the build quality. WOW!

The main thing is how quickly they are making the game much better from a software perspective. Truly, I just don't see how this isn't a "must pin" just do to how it complements the overall collection. I love diversity in a collection and for me this pin was very different then my classic pins (TZ, FH, HS2), new Stern Pins (IM, SM, X-MEN LE, METPRO, AC/DC premium, Elvis, LOTR and POTC) so it made total sense to put it in my collection for more of a "wow factor" and truly it has done that (last night my son and his girlfriend played this pin and told me they already liked it the best....even the wife likes it !!!). It has a family oriented theme and I feel was done "very classy" and truly JJP did not cut any corners. I feel as good about this pinball purchase as any of have made and truly feel I got my moneys worth !!! They wouldn't have to update the code again even but they probably will !!! JJP was smart in my opinion to raise the price as people had ample opportunity to buy it cheaper so now that it is becoming more popular let the people who waited pay a little more and if they refuse that is good as it will keep the supply down as this pin is headed TOP 10 in my opinion before the end of 2014 as it has the makings of a "classic" and down the road the $7K price tag (or less if you got in early) is going to look like a steal !!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-300-now-available?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.