image-971.jpg
image-282.jpg
image-93.jpg
IMG_20140316_173849_901.jpg
IMG_20140316_173707_563.jpg
image.jpg
image-652.jpg
0327141958.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 10 years ago

This is going on my game to tonight!!!!! Wow! It fixes the things I wanted fixed and looks to add even more fun!

#50 10 years ago

Any more play reports? I'm stuck at work.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lovin' 3.0......

image-652.jpg 136 KB

Me too!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Ouch

And loving the disable of the pops to get the collect for Haunted. What a cool idea!

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Wow couldnt even let me have 3 posts worth of accolades lol. Nice score either way

Well I'll give you some because a million is an amazing score on this game!

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Installed 3.0, played one game and scores 3 million . The double flipper skip animation is my favorite new feature.

3 million is an insane game!

I like the new "skip animation", but then I did it at the start of ECMB, and it just quietly started. No crescendo, no new call by the wizard, it just started dumping the balls out of the hut. I understand why they are there, and for folks that like to skip that stuff, they are absolutely required. For me though, I found it disappointing. I like that few seconds of buildup as it is starting the multiball. I doubt I'll skip that one again. Now, if they could add a skip for the end of ball bonus... That one I'd use.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm going to do a full 1.24 install and then try to update to 3.00

If you are using the same USB stick as before, make sure there was no "woz_update" folder on it when you copied the new one to it. Windows can distinguish it with the (1) thing, but WOZ can't. That is one of the more common update issues.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Bowin told me the plan is to do a tutorial of woz 3.0 at papa. Can't wait to see him playing it should be cool.

Will that be my one chance to see SOTR?

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

as long as I'm posting... what do you have to do to get haunted multiball

Haunted multiball is started by playing all of the other haunted modes. So the fifth time you collect Haunted it will be the multiball. And the new feature to disable the pops when collect is lit makes that just a bit easier.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Not too stoked on 3.0. I updated and after a couple games the LEDs are not working on the RAINBOW word. Also I have had a couple phantom winged monkeys. Monkey comes down to grab the ball even though the ball is not even close to there. Any suggestions?

Well can't speak to the lights... But I think it was 2.0 that added being able to capture Dorothy(tm) from the left orbit. Sometimes the pops push the ball up high enough to trigger the orbit switch, but not far enough to get caught in the magnet. So the monkey doesn't bring anything up. However it is locked virtually and the yellow arrow on the backboard goes out.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

That might be what has been happening. I do believe the ball was heading up the left orbit. But I gotta figure out the Rainbow letters. They flash once when I first turn on the machine but then that is it.

Well open up a ticket with JJP first thing. And if you are comfortable working on games, the wiring chart for the boards is printed on the computer case cover in the game. Go back one board from the rainbow lights, and if that board works, check the connectors leading out of it. You either have a bad board, or a cable issue (unplugged). The last working board is where to start, and if reseating the cables doesn't work, Lloyd will get you a new board.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

pleasePleasePleasePleasePlease!
C'mon Keith... what's your favorite drink? We'll send you a case....

Keith never cracked on TSPP for the exact same thing, and I doubt he will here. I know we are talking two different games here, but almost 3 years ago he said this:

"The answer is easy: Since nothing is 100% reliable, the best course
of action is to always enable the flippers. I could easily have done
something and made it bulletproof as possible, but ultimately there
would always be something that would cause undesireable cut-outs or
not let the flippers work when they should, so I dismissed the idea.

keith"

And I'm on his side with this one. I would be really irritated if I was going for something on an upper playfield and the flipper didn't flip because the game didn't think the ball should be there. Just from playing it for a while, WOZ seems to have an insanely complex code base. I would hope that he is pretty much against changes that don't have much benefit and could cause other issues. And frankly I don't see flipper linkage wear as being that big a deal. When I need to do a rebuild on my WOZ, yes, the cost will be higher because I need to buy 5 mechs instead of 3. I'm fine with that. And if I owned the other game he was actually talking about here, I would think the same thing. If the upper flips were weak or bad, I'd just rebuild them. And if I couldn't do it myself, I'd pay to have it done so the game played well. Most games I buy are needing a flipper rebuild, or at least new sleeves as they come in the door, so they are not that big a deal.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I noticed something while playing last night that I hadn't noticed before. Can anybody tell me if this is new? During "There's No Place Like Home" I was able to acquire an Extra Ball that I'd lit before draining. I don't think that was possible in earlier code, but I could be mistaken.
Another thing I noticed while checking audits in the machine was that the switches for TNPLH are really disproportionally represented. All but "Place" have approximately the same number of hits registered, while "Place" seems to have been hit nearly 1/3 less than all the others.
Is that common due to it's middle placement, or could I have an intermittent switch??

I wouldn't have even bothered looking at the playfield audit date. But seeing you mentioned it... Yes, "PLACE" has the lowest hits on mine as well. "NO" was second least followed by "HOME". So I'd say it is just the placement. The second T in TOTO is also lower. And I've completed TNPLH three times!!!

I happen to like the ability to still get extra balls during it. If it was lit going in I'll try the throne room right away. Easier than completing the mode and the result is almost the same.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

This also explains the new sound additions in 3.0 that have a Dorothy-like character saying "theres, no, place, like, home" sequentially, regardless of which target is hit, even though the targets are labeled with specific words... this is because they are not hit in any kind of evenly-distributed order.

That happens to be my least favorite feature of 3.0. It just sounds awkward.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

There's no ... bringing back Judy Garland from the dead.

Oh, I'm not asking for that. I understand her voice is impossible to replicate. What I was saying is awkward is the whole "there's ... ... no ... ... place ... ... like ... ... home" staccato voice as the ball rattles around the state fair pop. It was just added and I'm not a fan of that particular callout.

However...

#239 10 years ago

I melted the freaking Wicked Witch!!! Finally. I've had a few chances at her but I finally bagged her and mounted her over my mantle!

It was a normal night in my house. Got home, made dinner and played some Demolition Man. For some reason I find that game relaxing after a crap day. And then I turned my attention to WOZ. Jack had said that with 3.0 the game was done. So I decided to make a judgement on the game knowing it was feature complete. I had ECMB ready, but decided I wanted to start Rescue first. That usually leads to starting nothing, but tonight a few good shots hooked them both up. I was rocking it collecting jackpots and awards, but as always, things fell apart (too much going on sometimes) and I was unceremoniously back in single ball. It was like 3 ball just jumped off the table and into the trough. But I kept at it. And eventually the battle against the witch was on! I got my shots in, trapped the ball, made the last shot and WOW! In my opinion, very well done Keith and Ted.

So my "evaluation of the game" game I was playing ended up feeling (sorry) epic. It was just supposed to be a quick decision to see if I considered it complete enough for the long haul. And I think it is just great. I own games from many different decades and different manufacturers. This one will stand up just fine.

1 month later
#252 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

how cool is this game??

Very!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-300-now-available?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.