image-971.jpg
image-282.jpg
image-93.jpg
IMG_20140316_173849_901.jpg
IMG_20140316_173707_563.jpg
image.jpg
image-652.jpg
0327141958.jpg
There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Any more play reports? I'm stuck at work.

me2, sucks to be us.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

me2, sucks to be us.

Me 3, but I am outta here in 5 minutes!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Me 3, but I am outta here in 5 minutes!

Dam you east coast ppl!

#54 10 years ago

Only 10am in New Zealand. At least it is Friday!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

me2, sucks to be us.

What really sux is knowing I'm still weeks away from getting MY machine.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

What really sux is knowing I'm still weeks away from getting MY machine.

Touche, but at the same time, you'll be dodging all the "early" issues with the lights boards, power supply, etc, etc. not that it makes the wait any easier.

#57 10 years ago

Welcome back Alex!

Ignore any people who will try to push your buttons today !

#58 10 years ago

Well, I just played a game on 3.0 and all I can say is...DAMN! WOZ just keeps getting better and better. I noticed some nice changes / additions such as better timing of call outs for ECMB (and the "Multiball" start call out which is great), the changing crystal ball inserts depending on the CB mode you are about to start (very nice addition), additional call outs when you have spelled Rescue and need to bash down the door to start Rescue MB, Horse of a Different Color collect call out, ball save timer for Battle the Wicked Witch (reached it on my first 3.0 game, I got a little further thanks to the ball saver) and the Super X insert being toned down a bit. Overall the game just feels much more polished now running 3.0. While I only played one game it was one of my best WOZ games yet and left me thinking "this game is one of the best pins I've ever played"!

#59 10 years ago

Keefer, Estes, Lawlor, Balcer and team! Way to go!

Keith said he was going to make this pin the "deepest ever, by far"

At least Jack knows enough to stay the hell out of the way of those guys, right Jack

Let's see what Pat can do now with Keith, Ted and crew, oh yeah

Ditto on glad to see Alex back!

#60 10 years ago

Not back, just wanted to make sure those with games who aren't on the woz group got a proper announcement.

See you guys again at next code release.

#61 10 years ago

Jersey Jack pinball you're the best
Tks

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Not back, just wanted to make sure those with games who aren't on the woz group got a proper announcement.
See you guys again at next code release.

That sucks. Pinside is better when you regularly post. Please reconsider.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

That sucks. Pinside is better when you regularly post. Please reconsider.

+1

#64 10 years ago

People eventually are going to see what a great "value" this game was in my opinion. I just bought one yesterday (drove 9 hours round trip) and set it up today with the 2.0 code (will set up 3.0 code shortly as I did not see it had come out). The game is LOADED with so many options and the price when compared to many NIB sterns (which I love by the way as I own LOTR, SM, IM, X-MENLE, AC/DC premium and METPRO so I am a HUGE fan of Stern so not knocking their games) are EXTEMELY reasonable. The game is built well and has a computer in it and a beautiful screen. Sure the production has been slow (well I didn't wait as I just bought a lightly used one as I am not into the "waiting game" for 1-2 years.....lol) but look at the code update process as well (much faster then Stern).

JJP is doing a great job in my opinion and hit a HOME RUN out of the gate on this title. Truly, I have no clue how they can sell them so cheaply for everything you get with this game.....I love X-MEN LE but they were around $7K out of the gate and you can't compare the games from a "bang for your buck standpoint"....plus, you get a nice topper as well with WOZ !!!

Great job JJP !!! My belief is Jack probably priced this game so attractively to get his "foot in the door" and looking back a few years people are going to understand what a GREAT VALUE this game was !!! It is so much fun and truly is now the focal point of my collection !!! The kids love it as well.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

People eventually are going to see what a great "value" this game was in my opinion. I just bought one yesterday (drove 9 hours round trip) and set it up today with the 2.0 code (will set up 3.0 code shortly as I did not see it had come out). The game is LOADED with so many options and the price when compared to many NIB sterns (which I love by the way as I own LOTR, SM, IM, X-MENLE, AC/DC premium and METPRO so I am a HUGE fan of Stern so not knocking their games) are EXTEMELY reasonable. The game is built well and has a computer in it and a beautiful screen. Sure the production has been slow (well I didn't wait as I just bought a lightly used one as I am not into the "waiting game" for 1-2 years.....lol) but look at the code update process as well (much faster then Stern).
JJP is doing a great job in my opinion and hit a HOME RUN out of the gate on this title. Truly, I have no clue how they can sell them so cheaply for everything you get with this game.....I love X-MEN LE but they were around $7K out of the gate and you can't compare the games from a "bang for your buck standpoint"....plus, you get a nice topper as well with WOZ !!!
Great job JJP !!! My belief is Jack probably priced this game so attractively to get his "foot in the door" and looking back a few years people are going to understand what a GREAT VALUE this game was !!! It is so much fun and truly is now the focal point of my collection !!! The kids love it as well.

Welcome to the club Hippity Hop! And we "people" already see the value, you are late to the party....Now insert, full page monologue on pro/con analysis and breakdown with economic stats JK

#66 10 years ago

Installed and have been playing 3.0.. love the changes... and very pleased to see a lot of suggestions we made incorporated, like the ECMB locks and improved LED animation on some inserts that were difficult to read. Game keeps getting better and better!

I think with 3.0 the game is finally ready for serious competition, and has a bunch of modes and changes that make it more appropriate for tournaments. I finally tinkered with the ECMB lock and got it to work better, but it was still problematic sometimes refusing to open if too many balls were locked, so the ability to disable the ball lock means the game will be a lot more reliable. Great work!

#67 10 years ago

IceMan......this is just about comparing Filet Mignon (WOZ) to Flank Steak (Stern games) as for the quality you get IMHO. I am glad others see this as well. Again, I love Stern games but if a NIB Stern LE is worth $7K a JJP game in my opinion is worth MUCH MORE and JJP gave everyone a great deal "out of the gate" as this game takes pinball up a notch or two.

I might even have to buy a HOBBIT.....I just don't like paying for a game way before it is delivered as I believe the day will come when one of these guys go "belly up" and people lose a lot of money.....risk/reward just isn't there for me even though I love the product JJP produces they are still a new company and I don't know enough about their financial strength (and a lot can happen in 1-2 years).....I prefer to buy and not wait especially since I felt I got the same deal that others got who waited for years without the wait or risk.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

One of the connectors had come loose...

Same here. Didn't know it was loose and that my coin door had been "open" for quite a while.

#69 10 years ago

Every time I update the software , my first game is always good, this time it was my best ever0327141958.jpg0327141958.jpg

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I think with 3.0 the game is finally ready for serious competition, and has a bunch of modes and changes that make it more appropriate for tournaments.

Cool! Tournament game in Texas?

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Every time I update the software , my first game is always good, this time it was my best ever

0327141958.jpg 84 KB

Breaking the million barrier, congrats! I can't crack 250k yet, LOL...

#72 10 years ago

Just uploaded 3.0 and had a blast with the first game. What an experience! Great Job, Jack & JJP Team!

#73 10 years ago

Lovin' 3.0...... image-652.jpgimage-652.jpg

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lovin' 3.0......

image-652.jpg 136 KB

Me too!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Ouch

And loving the disable of the pops to get the collect for Haunted. What a cool idea!

#75 10 years ago

Video please

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Me too!

Ouch
And loving the disable of the pops to get the collect for Haunted. What a cool idea!

image.jpg 137 KB

Dave must have taken that picture of my last 20 games on 3.0

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Me too!

Ouch

image.jpg 137 KB

Ouch!!!...in truth I don't know how it added up so fast....Haunted multiball rocks!!! I do know that the jackpot and super jackpot callouts are badass!!! Still one shot from beating the witch....very, very, VERY fun!!!....mark

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lovin' 3.0......

image-652.jpg 136 KB

Wow couldnt even let me have 3 posts worth of accolades lol. Nice score either way

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Wow couldnt even let me have 3 posts worth of accolades lol. Nice score either way

Well I'll give you some because a million is an amazing score on this game!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ouch!!!...in truth I don't know how it added up so fast....Haunted multiball rocks!!! I do know that the jackpot and super jackpot callouts are badass!!! Still one shot from beating the witch....very, very, VERY fun!!!....mark

Me either. I remember having about 300k, then I stacked a bunch of stuff, looked up and had almost 900k

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Sorry man......not intentional......great score for you too!!!

#82 10 years ago

The video below was released about a year ago before 1.0 was even released. It's pretty cool thinking of all of the progress Keith, Ted and JP made over a dozen updates later while watching the video. The code for WOZ has come such a long way.

#83 10 years ago

Thanks JJP and team. We really appreciate the updates. This is an AWESOME game and getting better all the time.

I'm glad to be in on TH and probably in on Lawlor's game #3 too. I'm a huge supporter, fan and love the innovation... however, just an mediocre player, if anyone cares.

#84 10 years ago

Had a chance to thank Keith in person tonight for all the work he has put into the game. Can't wait to get home to play 3.0.....well I can wait until I play it at PAPA to tomorrow,

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Breaking the million barrier, congrats! I can't crack 250k yet, LOL...

Wait until you do Cleland, so much going on and once you get into plus 500k territory or so you are hitting and stacking some fun and phenomenal stuff.....

#86 10 years ago

Great update. Thanks!

#87 10 years ago

Video of the 3.0 or it didn't happen!

#88 10 years ago

I played WOZ for a couple of hours last night. That is the longest I have played before. It's also the first time that I came away feeling that I was really really glad I bought this pin. It is amazing how much more differently it played compared to the other software versions. A great update, and the game play is starting to be in a new league of its own. The look of this game is incredible. I think the software is now comparable to the build quality. WOW!

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

I totally agree.

It really grips my sh$t when you hear JJP basher's saying 'there is only 1 or 2 shots in the game, hence its rubbish'!

There are loads of shots and the game just on getting better every update.

Yeah there are 2 main shots up the middle, but when you are playing and in the zone, it feels like there are more shots on this baby than any other game.

I mean there is the crystal ball targets and the spinner, the left loop through the haunted forest, then the tin-man roll-over (I try to get that with another shot), then the witch (again I try to do a two-for-one shot one with this), the winkie/castle shot, the munch-kin ramp, the scarecrow roll-over (again this can be doubled with the munch-kin ramp), the rainbow targets, the right loop, the lion roll-over, the shot back into the plunger lane behind the upper flipper, the wizard!

On-top of this there are two upper playfields, of which the left one is great when you have multi-ball going and trying to hit shots there whilst also trying to do so on the main playfield.

This is just one awesome game, and my #1 with TZ behind in.

So its a real shame it only has 1 or 2 shots.... so folks really don't know what they are missing...

Roll on The Hobbit & #3

Cheers for the brilliant game JJP and the continued updates.

Those still waiting the wait IS worth it.

#90 10 years ago

Installed 3.0, played one game and scores 3 million . The double flipper skip animation is my favorite new feature.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I played WOZ for a couple of hours last night. That is the longest I have played before. It's also the first time that I came away feeling that I was really really glad I bought this pin. It is amazing how much more differently it played compared to the other software versions. A great update, and the game play is starting to be in a new league of its own. The look of this game is incredible. I think the software is now comparable to the build quality. WOW!

The main thing is how quickly they are making the game much better from a software perspective. Truly, I just don't see how this isn't a "must pin" just do to how it complements the overall collection. I love diversity in a collection and for me this pin was very different then my classic pins (TZ, FH, HS2), new Stern Pins (IM, SM, X-MEN LE, METPRO, AC/DC premium, Elvis, LOTR and POTC) so it made total sense to put it in my collection for more of a "wow factor" and truly it has done that (last night my son and his girlfriend played this pin and told me they already liked it the best....even the wife likes it !!!). It has a family oriented theme and I feel was done "very classy" and truly JJP did not cut any corners. I feel as good about this pinball purchase as any of have made and truly feel I got my moneys worth !!! They wouldn't have to update the code again even but they probably will !!! JJP was smart in my opinion to raise the price as people had ample opportunity to buy it cheaper so now that it is becoming more popular let the people who waited pay a little more and if they refuse that is good as it will keep the supply down as this pin is headed TOP 10 in my opinion before the end of 2014 as it has the makings of a "classic" and down the road the $7K price tag (or less if you got in early) is going to look like a steal !!!!

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Installed 3.0, played one game and scores 3 million

Set for 10 ball??

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Set for 10 ball??

I think it was the new "glass off" feature.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Does this fix the lights locking up issues?

Unfortunately it does not change my lockups.

#95 10 years ago

Thanks so much, time to download!

#96 10 years ago

Awesome update by the best software team in all of pinball.

#97 10 years ago

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a cool new modification but during the one game I played with 3.0 I played the lights out crystal ball mode and I had certain target shots on the playfield causing inserts in the area to light up. I hope its not a bug as I think it made the lights out CB mode much more enjoyable to play. Anyone experience the same thing?

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Awesome update by the best software team in all of pinball.

Haha. Your the best of the 5 or 6 doing it.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a cool new modification but during the one game I played with 3.0 I played the lights out crystal ball mode and I had certain target shots on the playfield causing inserts in the area to light up. I hope its not a bug as I think it made the lights out CB mode much more enjoyable to play. Anyone experience the same thing?

Hitting the good witch (pink target in the center when lit) will turn the lights back on for a set time period. (15 seconds I think)

#100 10 years ago

You know all this praise is making it hard on us "waiters"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 5.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-300-now-available/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.