• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jimy_speedt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi,

I unboxed my new Woz 3 days ago. And started to play. Great game !

Only I am not sure of the early behaviour of the following, but today I am sure and have this question:

when launching the ball, there is a green led on the top of one of the 2 upper skillshot lanes. When pressing the flipper buttons, the green led does not jump from one to another place. No reaction. Only when the ball has gone through once, then it activates the flipper buttons which enable me to change the green led position. Is this feature normal ? I mean flipper buttons not acting on the led as of launch time ?

Thanks for the answer

#2 2 years ago

That lit upper lane is the skill shot. You can't change it.

#3 2 years ago

I believe this is a "hands free" skillshot. You have to feather it into the correct lit lane or try and nudge it for the skillshot. After the fact you can change it for multipliers.

#4 2 years ago

Great ! thanks for the tip ! I did not see it as such in the manual.

#5 2 years ago

After plunge, you can switch light with flippers trying to have ball go in the unlit lane to add multipliers to bonus up to 10x I think. Otherwise yes, light stays in one lane on skill shot plunge.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

After plunge, you can switch light with flippers trying to have ball go in the unlit lane to add multipliers to bonus up to 10x I think. Otherwise yes, light stays in one lane on skill shot plunge.

I finally found it in the rules, but I was not certain about the word "plunge" so I did not get this section. thank you!

1 week later
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

when launching the ball, there is a green led on the top of one of the 2 upper skillshot lanes.

A great feature to require some skill on the plunge rather than just a test of whether a player can press buttons to get a light onto the lane that a ball is about to fall.

If you've already got access to the rules, you may want to also consider short-plunging to take advantage of the other skill shots, most notably the Witch skill shot, because it reduces the # of times you have to hit her to start Witch Hurry-up by 1 or 2 shots.

#8 2 years ago

Keep in mind that there are 3 other skill shots that you might want to attempt. All of them are short plunge. One to the witch, one to the skill shot target in the forest and the last to the lit BALL light.

Personally, on the first ball, I opt for a full plunge in hopes that the ball ends up in the forest long enough to light capture Dorothy. I think going for the actual pink skill shot target would do the same thing, but I can't hit that thing to save my butt.

If you can hit BALL, it instantly lights the crystal ball for a scoring mode, so that's normally what I shoot for on balls 2 and 3.

The last thing you can do, that's a little sneaky, is to short plunge and hold the upper flipper up. This typically sends the ball down the left outlane. If you're lucky, it will light the outlane for TNPLH and then give you the ball back under ball save. If it doesn't completely light TNPLH, you'll still be a few hits ahead of the game if it goes out that way later.

Edit -> Snailman types faster than I do.

#9 2 years ago

I see that there are miscellaneous strategies I have read about the multiple skill shots. For the moment, I am on the upper one, and on the one between the bumpers, by letting the ball slowly roll down to the 3/4 of the middle right flipper. 7500 points is appreciated !!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 11,500.00
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, TX
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 11,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside