Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 358 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    PXL_20240325_023204036 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    3 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240219_171054574 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240201_191451336 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240201_191436567 (resized).jpg
    dp2 (resized).JPG
    dp1 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4331 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4330 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1834 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240118_041110006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3858 (resized).jpeg
    There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx
    well, before getting it, i had only played it few (in meetings), that means i was absolutly not in the code, just playing as it...
    to be honest it was not in my wishlist (to swap vs my Houdini), than someone propose it, i checked infos & videos on internet, and finally think it could be a positive experience because game seems like to be nice, fast, with actually a complete code (already noticed about the PF multiplicator)
    once home, firsts games were a complete braindead because of all inserts flashing in all colors (lol), its impossible to follow what is going on
    but OK, it quickly becomes "easy", to understand, and to play (blue+green+purple+orange for modes, yellow for hyperspace, red for t-fighter/jackpot, cean for combo & white for boba fett)
    at first, you think the code is deep, but finally its not, its just perfect for what it is : the theme, in a fast playing pin/SR design, with lot of hurry-up
    you have to play quickly, but also think quickly, and than when you add that multiplicator factor in the game, it becomes even more fun & addictive
    i can understand the bad reports at the begning, even more about the missing toys... but SW is easy to mod if you like that
    i also feel the artwork being poor (the comic edition is way better to me), but than its a very nice pin, may be not top of the list, but its good for sure
    may be that multiplicator factor is too much a game changer (as the snikt target on DP, or GOT which is also coded by Dwight)
    if you didnt know about it, you can even have a long ball of 5 or 10 minutes (but than score nothing special), and than be beaten by a guy mastering that (keeping that X20 or even better X40 alive), making only few shoots (as hyperspace hurry up or video mode) and blowing a hiscore way too easily
    all in all, i will not keep the SW for long (quickly become "easy" for me), but its a positive experience without a doubt

I generally do not like Dwight Sullivan games, and I definitely don't like multipliers that can change scoring in a game so drastically, with little effort.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I generally do not like Dwight Sullivan games, and I definitely don't like multipliers that can change scoring in a game so drastically, with little effort.

well, this is THE key point on SW...

#153 2 years ago

Pure Imagination! on Willy Wonka

3 weeks later
    #154 2 years ago

#lord-of-the-rings I have made it to and destroyed the ring a bunch of times... but tonight I was pumped to finally see TABA for the first time! I know, I know, it's not the promised land, but you have to enjoy the new milestones along the way.

Not a bad game otherwise (for me). 4 gifts, TTT done, and 7 across. Man, though, as soon as ROTK starts I forget how to hit shots..

TABA (resized).jpgTABA (resized).jpg
    #155 2 years ago
    Quoted from A-1Bogart:

Lord of the Rings I have made it to and destroyed the ring a bunch of times... but tonight I was pumped to finally see TABA for the first time! I know, I know, it's not the promised land, but you have to enjoy the new milestones along the way.
    Not a bad game otherwise (for me). 4 gifts, TTT done, and 7 across. Man, though, as soon as ROTK starts I forget how to hit shots..
    [quoted image]

Congrats!

I remember getting to TABA for the first time. It was actually at my friends place, as he had one, and he hadn't seen it yet, so we both were pretty hyped up.

Valinor is next!

#156 2 years ago

Final tour multiball on Aerosmith

577D2678-1D7F-4894-B892-67918B306605 (resized).jpeg577D2678-1D7F-4894-B892-67918B306605 (resized).jpeg
    #157 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Final tour multiball on Aerosmith
    [quoted image]

Awesome, congrats man! I'm not a fan of Aerosmith's music but I've had a good time every time I've played that game.

#158 2 years ago

Not sure I would count it, but I get to Morty's Choice (Rick Potion #9) pretty regularly in Rick & Morty.

Love the mode, but there's no satisfaction at all in finishing it. I wish that they could send some big moments in the game. If it wasn't a theme I look bed this much, the game would have been sold in the first month.

#159 2 years ago

JJP POTC battle the kraken.... damn this game is hard

#160 2 years ago

my son is on fire, beating the emperor 3 times in 2 days
    may be i have to punish him !? no more SW for the next 15 days !!! looooooooooooooooool

1 week later
    #161 2 years ago

It’s a fine way to start a Saturday (factory, 3 ball, replay)!

5BDE9329-9813-4A39-AB09-183A440A1C66 (resized).jpeg5BDE9329-9813-4A39-AB09-183A440A1C66 (resized).jpeg67E194BD-34C1-4B8D-9693-2267240A6B28 (resized).jpeg67E194BD-34C1-4B8D-9693-2267240A6B28 (resized).jpeg
    #162 2 years ago

Got to Seige this morning by pounding the shit out of the prison and bringing in blood bath with it...great stuff!

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

It’s a fine way to start a Saturday (factory, 3 ball, replay)!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely was a thrill getting to this one.

Did it 2 or 3 times, but then drained quickly on wizard mode. Wish they had a MB or something to make the mode more enjoyable.

Quoted from diamondfate9:

Got to Seige this morning by pounding the shit out of the prison and bringing in blood bath with it...great stuff!

Congrats! Not an easy task

That's the one mode I never saw. Getting to LMS was probably my best pinball moment.

Such a good game!

#164 2 years ago

Definitely was a thrill getting to this one.
    Did it 2 or 3 times, but then drained quickly on wizard mode. Wish they had a MB or something to make the mode more enjoyable.

Congrats! Not an easy task
    That's the one mode I never saw. Getting to LMS was probably my best pinball moment.
    Such a good game!

LMS is not an easy achievement either....115 walkers kills is very tough to get!

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from diamondfate9:

LMS is not an easy achievement either....115 walkers kills is very tough to get!

Yeah, I honestly didn't think I'd reach it. I posted the game for sale because it wasn't really appropriate for my kids, and also wanted to bring in something new, and that week I reached LMS.

I think I mentally scared myself into thinking I would never reach it. The crazy thing is, I did it on ball 1!!!

I used my EB, but was still on ball 1.

Definitely my best pinball moment, aside from maybe reaching Battle for the Kingdom on MM when it was my first and only pin.

Right now, I'm playing R&M, but finding it more frustrating than fun. I looked at my audits, and average ball time is 15 seconds!

How can that be fun??? I mean, I have game ls that are 10-15 minutes long occasionally, but usually in those he's there is 1 or 2 balls that almost instantly drain.

I'm going to try lowering the flippers, but if that doesn't significantly improve the game, I'm probably going to just move it on.

3 weeks later
    #166 2 years ago

This post is about NOT reaching a wizard!

I lit Final Battle in TMNT on my last ball, and only had the ramp to hot to start it.

Missed twice and drained! Completely gutted!

I'll get there again I'm sure, but dn that one hurt!

PXL_20210711_052445096 (resized).jpgPXL_20210711_052445096 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #167 2 years ago

After a few close (but no close enough) attempts, I got it done tonight.

Reached Final Battle in TMNT, and I'm a bit disappointed. The game itself just lacked creativity (left ramp, right ramp, shots, shots, shots, repeat). The wizard mode was pretty uninspired too. Had no idea what the point of it was aside from hitting numerous shots.

Oh well, onto the next challenge... TNA

2 weeks later
    #168 2 years ago

after covid reopening, i've visited again that bowlling alley including pins as GOTG, STh & BK SOR

about the last one, gone to black castle again, and of course was fuck*d again !!! lol
    that's now more than few times reaching it, but than only 1 time beating it... its very hard, because of all these dangerous shoots/returns

1 week later
    #169 2 years ago

just beating the emperor again home...
    btw SW should leave next week, than we'll go for something else
    very good game indeed, but we've seen enough of it now, that's a problem when you have only 1 pin home

1 month later
    #170 2 years ago

After countless games and hours, I have finally gotten to Monsters of Rock. Not terribly hard in the grand scheme of things, but this one is special for me because it's the game that got me back into pinball a few years ago and introduced me to Pinside - Shout out to that crew @ Pinpoint Bar in downtown Fayetteville, AR.

Sadly, shortly after this game another guy came up and absolutely dunked on my score. He had 995M+ and was still going when the game shut off accidentally, so it didn't register his high score. I had nothing to do with it, I swear!

Monster Bash (resized).jpgMonster Bash (resized).jpg

#171 2 years ago
    Quoted from A-1Bogart:

After countless games and hours, I have finally gotten to Monsters of Rock. Not terribly hard in the grand scheme of things, but this one is special for me because it's the game that got me back into pinball a few years ago and introduced me to Pinside - Shout out to that crew @ Pinpoint Bar in downtown Fayetteville, AR.
    Sadly, shortly after this game another guy came up and absolutely dunked on my score. He had 995M+ and was still going when the game shut off accidentally, so it didn't register his high score. I had nothing to do with it, I swear!
    [quoted image]

Awesome job!

Now go work on that Valinor wizard

#172 2 years ago

Awesome job!
    Now go work on that Valinor wizard

Oddly enough, I just had one of my best games. Collected 4 gifts, had played 5 modes, and beat TT before the DMD said ball 2 (2 EBs - tower / gift). Got another gift and lit the 6th mode, yet I never even saw TABA...

Pinball can be a cruel mistress...

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from A-1Bogart:

Oddly enough, I just had one of my best games. Collected 4 gifts, had played 5 modes, and beat TT before the DMD said ball 2 (2 EBs - tower / gift). Got another gift and lit the 6th mode, yet I never even saw TABA...
    Pinball can be a cruel mistress...

That's awesome, you'll get it soon!

My cruelest pinball moment was completing everything needed to enter Valinor, finished all the shots in DTR, hit the ring once, and then the flippers just wouldn't give me the juice to get in the ring one last time.

After I drained, I didn't play pinball for about a month haha.

2 weeks later
    #174 2 years ago

Got to Pure Imagination last night on Wonka SE, it took 509 days. But it was so worth it!

#175 2 years ago

I got away from the police last night on High Speed.

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from MightyRipples:

Got to Pure Imagination last night on Wonka SE, it took 509 days. But it was so worth it!

Quoted from AJGross:

I got away from the police last night on High Speed.

Awesome stuff there!

I sold my TNA last weekend without ever completing it.

I hate letting go of a game before I beat it, but I had to make room.

2 weeks later
    #177 2 years ago

Made it to Celebration Multiball on Striker Xtreme tonight. You get this by beating all 15 other countries, fairly challenging but not super difficult, a lot of goals to score and a lot of drop targets targets to hit. It’s probably about as hard as getting to Super Lethal Weapon twice in one game on LW3, maybe a touch more difficult because of the dangerous drops. Missed whatever the starting animations and announcements there are for it as I was in Stadium Multiball when I scored the final goal. Next time my goal is to reach this while in single ball play to see what the difference is.
    2 weeks ago I was as close to Escape Nublar as I have ever been, played both Secure Control Room and Museum Mayhem and just had to spell MAP to get to Visitors Center when I drained going after my 6th DNA combo trying to get an extra ball.

1 week later
    #178 2 years ago

some auto-derision (because its also nice to laugh about ourself) while this is as hard as reaching a wizard mode

tournament this week in Albert gameroom in Francort/Germany, and than here's my 1st ball on CHAMPION PUB, player 2, scoring... 80 pts !!!
    let's admit, i even dont remember what i have touched to score so low (in 2 balls than, 1 + save ball), the extra 30.000 pts came from bonus

(for those who will ask, i'm not going for the Million from the skillshot)

cp (resized).jpgcp (resized).jpg

#179 2 years ago

Just beat AIQ for the second time. Really fun wizard mode!

PXL_20211203_053232861 (resized).jpgPXL_20211203_053232861 (resized).jpg
    #180 2 years ago

How did it compare against the other pins you have completed?

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

How did it compare against the other pins you have completed?

In terms of difficulty, or fun?

It definitely was a fun wizard mode. I like that the objective is relatively clear, that there is a point to hitting shots, and when you're successful, the game shuts down to let you know you've done something special.

Games like Spiderman and Metallica were anti-climatic for me because it felt like you were just hitting a ridiculous amount of shots to do who knows what. AIQ does a really good job of that, but it's still not as epic as fighting the King of Payne in MM.

As for difficulty, hmmmmmmm... Definitely easier than Jurassic Park, but probably harder to reach (not beat) than Iron Maiden.

It's easier to get to the wizard on this than say MM or AFM, but I'd say it was easier than TWD.

Out of 10... 10 being Valinor, I would give this one a 7.

4 months later
    #182 2 years ago

Been here a bunch of times, but still hasn't lost it's magic.

PXL_20220413_041815541 (resized).jpgPXL_20220413_041815541 (resized).jpg
    #183 2 years ago

I recently made it to RTU, too. Unfortunately, I didn’t compete it. I was close to hitting it for a second time in one game but didn’t quite make it.

8995FADF-4D5B-42FB-946D-22F2F69CDEEC (resized).jpeg8995FADF-4D5B-42FB-946D-22F2F69CDEEC (resized).jpeg
    #184 2 years ago

Was able to make it to the World Cup Final this morning before work and defeat Germany 6-4. Fumbled the feed on ball 3 luckily was able to collect the extra ball from Washington DC which saved me still have to retake the goal champ from my buddy who set it at 9 but not sure I'll ever get 10 the goalie seems to get super powers during the Wizard mode and multiball lol

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

I recently made it to RTU, too. Unfortunately, I didn’t compete it. I was close to hitting it for a second time in one game but didn’t quite make it.
    [quoted image]

That's a crazy score for not beating RTU! Good game!

I didn't complete it either this time.

I think I've been to RTU about 10 times, and probably beat it 5 times.

I actually realized I don't even know what is required. With Battle For the Kingdom, the rules are much clearer, but with AFM, what do you need to hit to complete RTU?

I'm usually just hitting anything and everything.

#186 2 years ago

After a few close (but no close enough) attempts, I got it done tonight.
    Reached Final Battle in TMNT, and I'm a bit disappointed. The game itself just lacked creativity (left ramp, right ramp, shots, shots, shots, repeat). The wizard mode was pretty uninspired too. Had no idea what the point of it was aside from hitting numerous shots.
    Oh well, onto the next challenge... TNA

I have a TMNT - and I really like it. Yes - I agree - "Typical Stern" has 8 modes. I do indeed get tired of playing them here and there.
    I think with the later code the final battle is really good. Phase 1 (multiball) = Fight the foot / rock soldiers; Phase 2 (Single ball) = Bebop and Rocksteady (The hardest of the phases, for me at least); Phase 3 = Krang and Shredder & Slash (Multiball) = This one is too chaotic for me, but shots are lit, and there is a health meter for each character. You hit the shots, and win.

I have been one "THING" to getting cowabunga, two times.
    First time = Everything lit on Cowabunga - EXCEPT FOR WEAPON of all things.
    Second time = Everything lit except Triple Mondo jackpot.

Triple Mondo is DEFINITELY the thing I have lit the LEAST number of times for Cowabunga.
    I have gotten even "Final Battle" more than I have gotten Triple Mondo. I just stink with the upper flipper.

#187 2 years ago

I actually realized I don't even know what is required. With Battle For the Kingdom, the rules are much clearer, but with AFM, what do you need to hit to complete RTU?

I'm usually just hitting anything and everything.

That's basically what you do until you score a billion points, at which point you complete the mode.

#188 2 years ago

So, I competed everything on Planet X on my Godzilla Premium yesterday. 4th time to get to Planet X. First time to complete it (I’m assuming I did, as it just restarted the mode in which I quickly power drained). Is there anything in the code (I think I’m running 0.91?) past Planet X?

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

So, I competed everything on Planet X on my Godzilla Premium yesterday. 4th time to get to Planet X. First time to complete it (I’m assuming I did, as it just restarted the mode in which I quickly power drained). Is there anything in the code (I think I’m running 0.91?) past Planet X?

That's pretty awesome.

I made it to Planet X once but botched it up pretty badly.

You should update to 0.93, loads of good stuff in it.

2 months later
    #190 1 year ago

I thought tonight was going to be Valinor!

Completed the 3 MBs, DTR, and had all the gifts.

I just forgot to start TABA, so when i had to redo everything to get back to DTR, I ran out of luck.

Still one of my best games, and one ofy closest runs at Valinor!

#191 1 year ago

Had a fun game today on Willy Wonka getting to Pure Imagination…and yesterday I finally made it to GnR’s Wizard mode and that was pretty satisfying.

E45C8855-897E-469D-8F7F-47378295A00E.jpegE45C8855-897E-469D-8F7F-47378295A00E.jpeg08421A00-8EBB-41CB-BAB3-21434168D7E2.jpeg08421A00-8EBB-41CB-BAB3-21434168D7E2.jpegD505E463-8D19-4C19-8F8C-EE21F6D230A1.pngD505E463-8D19-4C19-8F8C-EE21F6D230A1.png02EE7557-5336-46E2-ABB7-873DF2FFE5FE.jpeg02EE7557-5336-46E2-ABB7-873DF2FFE5FE.jpeg
    #192 1 year ago

Wow, is Pure Imagination the one for getting all 5 golden tickets?

Not mine but a friend recently made both Cygnuses back to back

Here’s my latest wizard mode

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Wow, is Pure Imagination the one for getting all 5 golden tickets?

Yes it is, once you collect all 5 golden tickets it’s ready to start.

#194 1 year ago

I guess technically a mini wizard mode but made it to Megakrakolodonus Rex for the first time today. I've also made Clone Multiball once before. Final Battle now seems somewhat achievable.

#195 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I guess technically a mini wizard mode but made it to Megakrakolodonus Rex for the first time today. I've also made Clone Multiball once before. Final Battle now seems somewhat achievable.

Deadpool was a fun game to beat!

#196 1 year ago

I thought tonight was going to be Valinor!
    Completed the 3 MBs, DTR, and had all the gifts.
    I just forgot to start TABA, so when i had to redo everything to get back to DTR, I ran out of luck.
    Still one of my best games, and one ofy closest runs at Valinor!

Basically had the same thing happen just now after league! Came here to post about it. I had RotK lit and TaBA lit. All I had left for qualifying Valinor was beating RotK (And I literally only needed one more shot to do it) and starting TABA. Stupidly I started RotK first, and then was forced into DtR before I could start TaBA... Didn't even manage to beat DtR so in the end it didn't really matter, but man oh man, I've never even been close to being that close to Valinor.

One day I'll get it. One day...

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Basically had the same thing happen just now after league! Came here to post about it. I had RotK lit and TaBA lit. All I had left for qualifying Valinor was beating RotK (And I literally only needed one more shot to do it) and starting TABA. Stupidly I started RotK first, and then was forced into DtR before I could start TaBA... Didn't even manage to beat DtR so in the end it didn't really matter, but man oh man, I've never even been close to being that close to Valinor.
    One day I'll get it. One day...

I think that's the beauty of the game. It's hard as hell, but there's a chance.

I feel the same way about Jurassic Park.

Walking Dead was on this list too, and when I finally reached LMS, it was exciting. Crazy that I did it on ball 1 too! Never had another game like that again!

#198 1 year ago

1st day Mando is home (PRO, factory settings), my son & i to the mini wizard LIKE THOSE ODDS, with 863M (me) & 830M (him)
    for a first day on it, not that bad

let's see if can go further (and beat the pin lol) !?

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Not mine but a friend recently made both Cygnuses back to back

I just completed the first cygnus, got nowhere close to the second one lol.

#200 1 year ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

1st day Mando is home (PRO, factory settings), my son & i to the mini wizard LIKE THOSE ODDS, with 863M (me) & 830M (him)
    for a first day on it, not that bad
    let's see if can go further (and beat the pin lol) !?

and than, after few days, i can say that this yellow mini wizard is quite easy to reach, already gone there more than few times

yesterday progression was getting that yellow + the green one (RAZOR CREST), with a bit less than 1.4B pts

still the red to complete, but i'm feeling ENCOUNTERS will be something hard to do, even more doing it in the same time as the 2 others :/

There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-mode-achieved/page/4?hl=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.