Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 358 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    PXL_20240325_023204036 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    3 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240219_171054574 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240201_191451336 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240201_191436567 (resized).jpg
    dp2 (resized).JPG
    dp1 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4331 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4330 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1834 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240118_041110006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3858 (resized).jpeg
    There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I think it's this:

Yes, get Frank last and 666 appears on the screen. Never got there. I'm not a good enough player I guess.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

Yes, get Frank last and 666 appears on the screen. Never got there. I'm not a good enough player I guess.

It's not just getting Frank last, you have to get him last WHILE all the other monster modes are still running.
    What makes this so hard is that the other five monster modes are timed, so usually by the time you get the fifth one started the first has already timed out.
    And that's assuming that you don't get Frank started by accident in between somewhere.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

Probably gotten to it 30 times at least and only finished it once. Think that once was mainly luck.

Does Shadow have staying power? I'm about to get one, but wondering if it's a keeper.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Does Shadow have staying power? I'm about to get one, but wondering if it's a keeper.

I still like it, but like most bally/Williams games there is only so much to them. Games like TOM and CP I stopped playing after a few times. Shadow, on the other hand. Not sure if it's the shots, mechs or what but its one of the better bally Williams games of that era. Has the added plus of being a lot cheaper.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

I still like it, but like most bally/Williams games there is only so much to them. Games like TOM and CP I stopped playing after a few times. Shadow, on the other hand. Not sure if it's the shots, mechs or what but its one of the better bally Williams games of that era. Has the added plus of being a lot cheaper.

I have MM and AFM, and I can't play them regularly as they get a bit stale from thin rules. I prefer game from the Whitestar and SAM era, as I think the rules were perfect. More recent games seem to almost have too much to them.

So how does Shadow do in comparison?

#56 3 years ago

I have MM and AFM, and I can't play them regularly as they get a bit stale from thin rules. I prefer game from the Whitestar and SAM era, as I think the rules were perfect. More recent games seem to almost have too much to them.
    So how does Shadow do in comparison?

Its the same type of thing, except it's easier to get to the wizard. I like the shots better, but the upper playfield can get annoying sometimes. In that case I don't really know any bally/Williams games that wouldn't get stale in a home environment. With B/W games I always set the outlanes all the way up at my house, that way it's harder to see all the features and gives a reason to keep trying.

#57 3 years ago

With all the pros streaming their Run to the Hills challenges, I took my first trip to the Number of the Beast Wizard Mode! I started the mode, made the first shot and promptly drained. Regardless, last week I hit Save Xandar for the first time and this week was Number of the Beast for the first time (factory settings and outlanes, replay, 3 ball).

B75199E1-F539-4E1B-85F4-6E0C533DA703 (resized).jpegB75199E1-F539-4E1B-85F4-6E0C533DA703 (resized).jpegD10FF765-8B05-4DA9-98FC-161695C11D14 (resized).jpegD10FF765-8B05-4DA9-98FC-161695C11D14 (resized).jpeg
    #58 3 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

With all the pros streaming their Run to the Hills challenges, I took my first trip to the Number of the Beast Wizard Mode! I started the mode, made the first shot and promptly drained. Regardless, last week I hit Save Xandar for the first time and this week was Number of the Beast for the first time (factory settings and outlanes, replay, 3 ball).[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nicely done!

Same thing happened to me. Started NOTB, got like one shot in, and drained. Wish Keith would make this a two ball mode, or something that allows you to add a ball, like Horde in TWD.

So unsatisfying to work that hard for a mode that is done before you even get started.

#59 3 years ago

Very nicely done!
    Same thing happened to me. Started NOTB, got like one shot in, and drained. Wish Keith would make this a two ball mode, or something that allows you to add a ball, like Horde in TWD.
    So unsatisfying to work that hard for a mode that is done before you even get started.

On factory settings there is a 30 second ball save when you start Number of the Beast, I feel like that is a fair amount of time to get set up for a wizard mode.

#60 3 years ago

All of my games I play until I get the Wizard Mode and then they promptly lose replayability for me. My most recent conquest was Deadpool. Swapped it out with an AC/DC and am hoping that’ll keep me busy for a while trying to get the Encore WM! TSPP is on my list of games to conquer at some point!

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from Camvr2013:

All of my games I play until I get the Wizard Mode and then they promptly lose replayability for me. My most recent conquest was Deadpool. Swapped it out with an AC/DC and am hoping that’ll keep me busy for a while trying to get the Encore WM! TSPP is on my list of games to conquer at some point!

How tough was it to get to Mr. Sinister on DP?

I gave up on TSPP and sold it!

#62 3 years ago

Has anyone reached the wizard on Sopranos?

It's a game I've wanted to own based on the theme, but I have no idea about the code on it.

#63 3 years ago

Has anyone reached the wizard on Sopranos?
    It's a game I've wanted to own based on the theme, but I have no idea about the code on it.

It’s not as challenging as some other well coded games but the code on Sopranos is solid. Fun game!

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

It’s not as challenging as some other well coded games but the code on Sopranos is solid. Fun game!

Two games from the Whitestar era that I've had are LOTR and TSPP, and although I find TSPP to be frustrating, I like how games were coded on that system.

Wondering if there are other Whitestar games like Sopranos and Elvis, that might have some good code on them.

#65 3 years ago

I gave up on TSPP and sold it!

Which Mr Sinister? There’s Megakrakalodolphus (SP?), Mr Sinister Clone, and Mr Sinister Mech Suit. I played my DP to over 9 billion a few months ago. Once I got Mr Sin/MechSuit (with 5x playfield multiplier) I was just kinda lost about what to do next. It was hard to get motivated to start it all over again.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Which Mr Sinister? There’s Megakrakalodolphus (SP?), Mr Sinister Clone, and Mr Sinister Mech Suit. I played my DP to over 9 billion a few months ago. Once I got Mr Sin/MechSuit (with 5x playfield multiplier) I was just kinda lost about what to do next. It was hard to get motivated to start it all over again.

Which one is the ultimate wizard?

#67 3 years ago

Which one is the ultimate wizard?

The furthest I’ve got is Mr Sinister MechSuit. Maybe there’s more? It was like a 2 hour game!

#68 3 years ago

tough ?
    got a LE home, beaten it in 5 games...
    and there's a PRO in location near our house, gone there 2 times, play the all afternoon with the free games i get, and beat the WM each time

and about the overall topic, Karl DA is a very good player of course

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

The furthest I’ve got is Mr Sinister MechSuit. Maybe there’s more? It was like a 2 hour game!

i'm stunned...
    didnt check my watch, but seems i took +/- 30 minutes to go to FINAL BATTLE
    for sure, absolutly not 2 hrs !!!

1 week later
    #70 3 years ago

The Wizard Mode I’m most proud of achieving is Keefer Invitational on WPT. I actually did it after repairing a WPT we had on route. 10 o’clock at night in a local dive bar. I always seem to put up some crazy scores right after repairing something and doing a what I think will be a quick test game.

#71 3 years ago

Recently got to the black castle (BKSoR) three times, never finished it, but got close. I'll keep trying. I can't get anywhere close to the second knight mode, though.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

The Wizard Mode I’m most proud of achieving is Keefer Invitational on WPT. I actually did it after repairing a WPT we had on route. 10 o’clock at night in a local dive bar. I always seem to put up some crazy scores right after repairing something and doing a what I think will be a quick test game.

Right after making the repair, but before putting the glass back on? Yeah, me too

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

Right after making the repair, but before putting the glass back on? Yeah, me too

No, glass was on. We have most route games setup pretty easy. I got 2 or 3 extra balls. Generous outlane gaps. Easy mode settings installed. We got a steal on WPT and put it on route. We thought we could really slow it down and ease off the difficulty to help the earnings. Thought the poker theme might work with dive bar goers. Wrong. Never earned. Theme integration is just terrible. Stern needs to retheme it sometime. New art, sounds and animations and it could really be awesome. It’s pretty cool when you stack a mode and 2 multiballs and you’ve got balls in play on both playfields that are relevant to your progress and scoring max points.

1 week later
    #74 3 years ago

Wizard mode twice after having it for 4 days!

Super fun game, but not sure how long it will last here seeing as I've only played about 30-40 games!

IMG_20200524_011013 (resized).jpgIMG_20200524_011013 (resized).jpg
    #75 3 years ago

but not sure how long it will last here seeing as I've only played about 30-40 games!
    [quoted image]

well, i've checked your scores, you're seems a good player
    by now, just dont feel reaching WM as your objective, but more how to magnify the points when going to WM
    and its not because its "easy" that pin is not more fun to play, i rmember my T3, quite each time i was playing it i'll get the WM, but it was great fun anyway

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i've checked your scores, you're seems a good player
    by now, just dont feel reaching WM as your objective, but more how to magnify the points when going to WM
    and its not because its "easy" that pin is not more fun to play, i rmember my T3, quite each time i was playing it i'll get the WM, but it was great fun anyway

I'm not really all that interested in points. I like playing through the game and trying to get to the wizard. Some games have enough depth to them to keep me interested in coming back to try for that wizard mode again such as TWD, MM, AFM, etc...

#77 3 years ago

DId this about 10 days ago. I just figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. The final wizard mode isn't in the game yet but I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain...also tilted trying to save it and lost 486,000 in held bonus to boot which was fantastic. Got At World's End wizard mode started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales wizard mode started to seal it and then I played through that and kept going! After that, you can keep playing movie multiballs and the chapter shot is always lit but doesn't do anything. Ended up with over 15 million. Absolutely amazing game and there is still another code update to come.

My wife had sent my son down to find me since I was supposed to be back upstairs a while ago and dinner was ready, so he got to see my do it too which was fun. He was all worried that he would distract me and I wouldn't do it. I told him not to worry about that and then of course my next ball was the plunge, brick, drain one. It was good having him there though since it made me keep my cool a bit more than if I was downstairs alone and something like that had happened.

97406815_10219642269360253_5588891159595319296_n (resized).jpg97406815_10219642269360253_5588891159595319296_n (resized).jpgIMG_20200513_200125 (resized).jpgIMG_20200513_200125 (resized).jpgIMG_20200513_195622 (resized).jpgIMG_20200513_195622 (resized).jpg
    #78 3 years ago

Valinor on LOTR is equally difficult. I've had mine since 2007 and only got 85% of the way there once.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

DId this about 10 days ago. I just figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. The final wizard mode isn't in the game yet but I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain...also tilted trying to save it and lost 486,000 in held bonus to boot which was fantastic. Got At World's End wizard mode started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales wizard mode started to seal it and then I played through that and kept going! After that, you can keep playing movie multiballs and the chapter shot is always lit but doesn't do anything. Ended up with over 15 million. Absolutely amazing game and there is still another code update to come.
    My wife had sent my son down to find me since I was supposed to be back upstairs a while ago and dinner was ready, so he got to see my do it too which was fun. He was all worried that he would distract me and I wouldn't do it. I told him not to worry about that and then of course my next ball was the plunge, brick, drain one. It was good having him there though since it made me keep my cool a bit more than if I was downstairs alone and something like that had happened.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've only spent like 20 mins on Pirates, so not sure what is involved in the wizard mode on this one. I'm hoping they rerelease this game, as it's one I want to get at home and really dig into. Congrats though!!!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Valinor on LOTR is equally difficult. I've had mine since 2007 and only got 85% of the way there once.

I had everything finished, started DTR, made the 4 shots, then one into the ring. Trapped it on the flipper, and just had the one final set to make to get to Valinor. Not sure if the flippers just didn't have the juice, or if my nerves got the better of me, but I missed about 8 shots in a row, and finally drained down the side. I didn't play pinball for about a month after that!

#80 3 years ago

I've only spent like 20 mins on Pirates, so not sure what is involved in the wizard mode on this one. I'm hoping they rerelease this game, as it's one I want to get at home and really dig into. Congrats though!!!

I had everything finished, started DTR, made the 4 shots, then one into the ring. Trapped it on the flipper, and just had the one final set to make to get to Valinor. Not sure if the flippers just didn't have the juice, or if my nerves got the better of me, but I missed about 8 shots in a row, and finally drained down the side. I didn't play pinball for about a month after that!

JJP Pirates wizard mode is extremely difficult. You have to play through 25 different chapters over the 5 different Pirates movies and the 5 different Pirates movie multiballs. After playing all 5 different chapters for a specific movie that lights that wizard mode which you then also have to play. All wizard modes are single ball, so it is really easy to lose your ball playing any of those while shooting for specific shots.

I got Valinor once on my old LOTR, but that was years ago. If you have stock coils like I did, by the time you get there, you need a basically perfect ramp shot to knock the ball through the ring cause the coils are weaker from being so hot from such a long game. Coincidentally enough I sold my LOTR to fund my JJP Pirates.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

JJP Pirates wizard mode is extremely difficult. You have to play through 25 different chapters over the 5 different Pirates movies and the 5 different Pirates movie multiballs. After playing all 5 different chapters for a specific movie that lights that wizard mode which you then also have to play. All wizard modes are single ball, so it is really easy to lose your ball playing any of those while shooting for specific shots.
    I got Valinor once on my old LOTR, but that was years ago. If you have stock coils like I did, by the time you get there, you need a basically perfect ramp shot to knock the ball through the ring cause the coils are weaker from being so hot from such a long game. Coincidentally enough I sold my LOTR to fund my JJP Pirates.

I can't believe I was one shot away from Valinor!

Anyone know how difficult it is to get to the wizard mode in WOZ? I'm thinking about picking one up.

#82 3 years ago

Broke the billion points mark today for the first time on MBr.

Had two Monsters of Rock!

20200530_125152 (resized).jpg20200530_125152 (resized).jpg
    #83 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Broke the billion points mark today for the first time on MBr.
    Had two Monsters of Rock![quoted image]

Very nicely done!

I'm working on the new Jurassic Park right now. Finding this game super drainy, and I just came from finishing TWD!

1 month later
    #84 3 years ago

Finished Battle for the Kingdom tonight.

I've probably done it a dozen times, and it never gets old.

I had my initials removed after installing NVRAM, so felt nice to knock off KOP again!

1 week later
    #85 3 years ago

Got to the wizard mod on batman 66 recently, completed a bunch of minor villains. Didn't do so well on the mode, but hey! At least I got there!

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Got to the wizard mod on batman 66 recently, completed a bunch of minor villains. Didn't do so well on the mode, but hey! At least I got there!

What one did you play? Batusi?

I think I like Gas Attack best. Fun 6 ball modes.

I just wish they had an ultimate wizard mode for reaching all three minor villain wizards.

#87 3 years ago

It was on location with old code. There was only villain escape coded in at that point.

1 week later
    #88 3 years ago

Reached the first beatlemania wizard mode recently, was one mode completion from taxman multiball when I drained. *sigh* Oh well. That's pinball.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Reached the first beatlemania wizard mode recently, was one mode completion from taxman multiball when I drained. *sigh* Oh well. That's pinball.

That's awesome!

I got to Number of the Beast on Iron Maiden for the third time yesterday. The previous two times, I completely shat the bed, and basically made one or two shots and drained. Not even enough to put my initials up for getting to the wizard mode.

So I was feeling good about it, and right as I made the third shot, my son jumped up on a stool beside me and said "Guess what daddy?!?!".

I completely lost focus and drained! Had to laugh... His timing couldn't have been worse, and I accepted it wasn't meant to be.

Maybe my fourth trip to the wizard mode will be better! I'll try when the kids are asleep haha!

3 weeks later
    #90 3 years ago

Got to Megakrakolodonus and Cline MBon Deadpool tonight.

Really cool wizard modes!

#91 3 years ago

Wizard mode twice after having it for 4 days!
    Super fun game, but not sure how long it will last here seeing as I've only played about 30-40 games!
    [quoted image]

Time to step up the machine, remove rubbers on the outlanes, and make that machine fast as it should be, then i challenge you to make it to final wizard.

#92 3 years ago

... His timing couldn't have been worse...

after 33 years being/living with her, this theory is for my wife !!!

(lol inside )

#93 3 years ago

Of my games i reached Wizard mode only on TOM (completed it).

BSD Doesn't have one.
    A13 has to be restored to full function first
    and on my JP3 I'm working on it, tough I don't know if I will ever make it. Reached Visitor Center and Museum Mayhem multiple times. But Secure Control Room still has to fall before thinking about the wizard mode.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saddath:

Of my games i reached Wizard mode only on TOM (completed it).
    BSD Doesn't have one.
    A13 has to be restored to full function first
    and on my JP3 I'm working on it, tough I don't know if I will ever make it. Reached Visitor Center and Museum Mayhem multiple times. But Secure Control Room still has to fall before thinking about the wizard mode.

It's definitely a tough one. I've been a couple of shots away, but it's no easy task, unless you're a pro.

#95 3 years ago

Once I get a WPT, I'm gonna try for Keefer Invitational. Especially wanna get better at cashing in good values with the 3X shot multipliers, as Keefer requires you to score 25 million in a bunch of areas (modes, hurry-ups, the pot, etc.) in addition to winning the WPT Championship.

I recall getting through all the Mansion Manias in Playboy, and The Web in Sharkey's Shootout. Comparatively easier to reach than the wizard modes on Keith's games.

#96 3 years ago

Just did this...

IMG_20200914_011843 (resized).jpgIMG_20200914_011843 (resized).jpg
    #97 3 years ago

Just did this...[quoted image]

Nice! Did you complete it?

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Nice! Did you complete it?

Yup. Glad that they kill the flippers and let the ball drain to make you feel like you did something special. It's the one HUGE gripe I had with Dialed In.

Still really enjoying the game, but we'll see how long the code can keep me going.

#99 3 years ago

Yup. Glad that they kill the flippers and let the ball drain to make you feel like you did something special. It's the one HUGE gripe I had with Dialed In.
    Still really enjoying the game, but we'll see how long the code can keep me going.

how much points at the end ?
    as it can be more than various on how you have used (or not) the PF multiplier (i did 3B on a PRO & 6B on a LE)

about DI : +1 really poor as it... i remember Ted/Joe saying that's the last point they have to update in the code, making the final/win more "explosive"

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

how much points at the end ?
    as it can be more than various on how you have used (or not) the PF multiplier (i did 3B on a PRO & 6B on a LE)
    about DI : +1 really poor as it... i remember Ted/Joe saying that's the last point they have to update in the code, making the final/win more "explosive"

I think around 2.1B. I missed the final shot to the Megakrakodomous, so probably missed a bunch of points there.

Dialed In is a fantastic game. Hope they add a nice finale to the wizard mode.

There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-mode-achieved/page/2?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.