Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 358 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    PXL_20240325_023204036 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    3 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240219_171054574 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240201_191451336 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240201_191436567 (resized).jpg
    dp2 (resized).JPG
    dp1 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4331 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4330 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1834 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240118_041110006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3858 (resized).jpeg
    There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 4 years ago

Saw this video come up in YouTube and decided to watch it knowing how virtually unobtainable this wizard mode is. This guy is unreal! Who is he, and how is he not the best in the world?!?!

That motivated me to create this thread where we can announce wizard modes we've recently achieved.

For me, I'm all about getting to the wizard mode, and score is secondary.

So, anyone get to a wizard mode lately?

#2 4 years ago

I have finished CV seven times. I have had this pin a while. Still fun.

I have TSPP but do not think that wizard mode will be achieved for quite a long time.

#3 4 years ago

I have achieved Scared Stiff

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

I have finished CV seven times. I have had this pin a while. Still fun.
    I have TSPP but do not think that wizard mode will be achieved for quite a long time.

I don't think TSPP is doable by 99.9999% of people.

So far, the video above is the only one I've seen that shows that wizard mode from the start of a game. I've seen a couple where the video starts shortly before, but not sure how credible that is.

I've been one shot away from getting to the main wizards on LOTR, TWD, and the new Jurassic Park.

I've reached wizards in Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, Twilight Zone, Dialed In, Iron Maiden (Not Run To The Hills), Spiderman, and Theater of Magic, and Metallica (new code).

Medieval and Dialed In are my favorites so far.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So far, the video above is the only one I've seen that shows that wizard mode from the start of a game. I've seen a couple where the video starts shortly before, but not sure how credible that is.
    I've been one shot away from getting to the main wizards on LOTR, TWD, and the new Jurassic Park.
    I've reached wizards in Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, Twilight Zone, Dialed In, Iron Maiden (Not Run To The Hills), Spiderman, and Theater of Magic.

TSPP Wizard Mode is really out of the question for most individuals like you say. I’ve done it on a TZ with no tilt bob, a really tight Shadow and TOM.

#6 4 years ago

Got to wizard mode on kiss LE and popeye recently.

#7 4 years ago

Hm... I think I've gotten to Monsters of Rock on MB (once), Destroy the Ring on LOTR, Armageddon on Dialed In, Killed Smaug and made it through Battle of the 5 Armies on Hobbit, LITZ, Scared Stiff, .. eeh that might be it

#8 4 years ago

For what it's worth, I also reached the munsters wizard mode. It's easy to reach, for a wizard mode, so no bragging rights, though. most people have gotten it before.

#9 4 years ago

I've played so few of the new machines, that I haven't beaten them. But back in the "good old days" of Bally/Williams I beat most of them at some point.

I think Final Frontier in STTNG was the easiest, and AFM was probably the hardest. To be fair, I didn't even know Popeye HAD a wizard mode...but then I hated that machine so much that I wouldn't have cared.

#10 4 years ago

This guy is unreal! Who is he, and how is he not the best in the world?

He’s Karl DeAngelo. https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=5668
    One of the INDISC organizers, wrote the Neverdrains software, and one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet.

#11 4 years ago

I've reached wizards in Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, Twilight Zone, Dialed In, Iron Maiden (Not Run To The Hills), Spiderman, and Theater of Magic, and Metallica (new code).

With the adjustments you can make, any wizard mode is attainable. For myself I only count getting to a wizard mode if it is done on stock software settings.

I'm not saying don't make adjustments to the settings, it's your game go ahead and do what you want. But reaching a wizard mode after making it easier definitely deserves an asterix.

For example, Showdown on Dialed In would be fairly easy to reach with SIM card carryover on, quite a difficult feat with carryover off.

#12 4 years ago

I've gotten a couple Vacation Jacpots, reached LITZ and Tour the Mansion a couple times, destroyed the ring (After trying for about 10 years!), reached Super Multiball (Is that what it's called?) in Congo, reached Land Grab in Monopoly, and I believe I've also defeated Germany in World Cup Soccer once. I've reached the wizard modes in Stargate plenty of times, but those are relatively easy to reach. The thrill of those modes comes when you manage to stack them with a high super jackpot and 3X scoring!

I hope to be able to reach Valinor someday, but even my best games on LotR don't even come close.

#13 4 years ago

I don’t think it’s so much a matter of practicing and getting better to beat a wizard mode. Sometimes the planets align and you have an amazing game out of the blue. Unfortunately, it usually happens when your in-laws are taking you and your wife out for your anniversary dinner, she and the kids are in the car, reservation is for 6:30 pm, it’s 6:25pm and you still have to drop the kids off at the sitters which is in the opposite direction of the restaurant and your wife has already honked the car horn twice to hurry up.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mank:

I don’t think it’s so much a matter of practicing and getting better to beat a wizard mode. Sometimes the planets align and you have an amazing game out of the blue. Unfortunately, it usually happens when your in-laws are taking you and your wife out for your anniversary dinner, she and the kids are in the car, reservation is for 6:30 pm, it’s 6:25pm and you still have to drop the kids off at the sitters which is in the opposite direction of the restaurant and your wife has already honked the car horn twice to hurry up.

Lol! You are right. I still remember a cousin of mine having his best game ever on LOTR at my place years ago. His wife was yelling from up the stairs that they (wife and kids) had to go. She said this a couple more times before he said "I'm having the greatest game of my life"! She was waiting in the car fuming with the kids once he was finally done. Now when I host a pinball party he drives separately lol.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mank:

LOL. Yeah..

#16 4 years ago

I forgot I also finished TZ. Got very close on LOTR.

#17 4 years ago

Got the the end of CV twice. But never on any of my other games.

#18 4 years ago

Siege and Last Man Standing in the same game of Walking Dead.
    Recently got Escape Nublar on JP.
    Battled the Beast on Maiden.
    Done Valinor many times.
    Never even sniffed Simpsons SDMEWM
    Nor The Buck Hunter wizard mode the Karl is trying to do currently, he is at attempt 530! Great Player.
    https://m.twitch.tv/iepinball

#19 4 years ago

After posting this, I tuned into the stream, and Karl got Open Season on attempt 536!!!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

With the adjustments you can make, any wizard mode is attainable. For myself I only count getting to a wizard mode if it is done on stock software settings.
    I'm not saying don't make adjustments to the settings, it's your game go ahead and do what you want. But reaching a wizard mode after making it easier definitely deserves an asterix.
    For example, Showdown on Dialed In would be fairly easy to reach with SIM card carryover on, quite a difficult feat with carryover off.

I agree with you there, but also realize that for some players, they prefer to make the games more fun and the objectives more attainable.

I personally keep everything at factory settings, and even won't adjust a game outside of the 6.5 degrees.

But I set up my MM with lowered posts, lots of extra balls, and for the first time ever, my wife actually played a few games with me. She even came pretty close to starting Battle for the Kingdom!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

He’s Karl DeAngelo. https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=5668
    One of the INDISC organizers, wrote the Neverdrains software, and one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet.

He's like a cyborg. No idea how he plays like that! I see he's ranked 40, but he made Valinor look waaaaaay easier than Keith Elwin.

What's his handle here on Pinside. Would be interested in picking his brain.

Speaking of Valinor, I once had everything qualified, started DTR, made all the shots and only had the one final shot to the ring to make... Tried about 8-10 times and just could not get enough juice to make it, and eventually drained.

I didn't play pinball for a month after that haha!

#22 4 years ago

I had a pretty awesome game yesterday on Whitewater. Completed Vacation Jackpot twice, and almost a third time in the same game (just needed to lock the 3rd ball - but it gets so hard to get the lock lit at that point). Scored only 2.4 billion though, because my multi-balls were not that great.

I also got to Monsters of Rock yesterday on my MBr.

(and yes, this was all on default settings)

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I had a pretty awesome game yesterday on Whitewater. Completed Vacation Jackpot twice, and almost a third time in the same game (just needed to lock the 3rd ball - but it gets so hard to get the lock lit at that point). Scored only 2.4 billion though, because my multi-balls were not that great.
    I also got to Monsters of Rock yesterday on my MBr.
    (and yes, this was all on default settings)

Is Vacation the main wizard in WH2O? I gave this game on my wanted list, but wasn't sure about the depth of the code.

#24 4 years ago

Is Vacation the main wizard in WH2O? I gave this game on my wanted list, but wasn't sure about the depth of the code.

I believe so. It would be cool to see a list of all the games wizard modes and what tThe requirements are.

#25 4 years ago

I recently got to Number of the Beast is Iron Maiden, and found it really anti-climatic.

You have a shit load of shots to make in single ball mode, and unless you're that guy in the YouTube video above, I don't see how you're going to do it.

I think there should have been a two ball mode, or at least a way to add-a-ball.

Next game I'm working on is Walking Dead!

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

I believe so. It would be cool to see a list of all the games wizard modes and what tThe requirements are.

I would also be interested to see if the modes are beatable or not

#27 4 years ago

Yes, as wizard modes go, I would put it as only "average" difficulty. Maybe a little easier than LITZ, but much harder than Tour The Mansion.

#28 4 years ago

Anyone reach Showdown in Shadow? Wondering how difficult it is to get to compared to other games like Medieval Madness and Attack from Mars.

#29 4 years ago

I think Shadow has “Final Battle”, it’s not too bad to get to, but pretty tough to compete. Really similar to Eternal Life in Indiana Jones TPA, hit every switch.
    The tough part is getting all the battlefield/path of adventure switches.

#30 4 years ago

Saw this video come up in YouTube and decided to watch it knowing how virtually unobtainable this wizard mode is. This guy is unreal! Who is he, and how is he not the best in the world?!?!

That motivated me to create this thread where we can announce wizard modes we've recently achieved.
    For me, I'm all about getting to the wizard mode, and score is secondary.
    So, anyone get to a wizard mode lately?

Karl's awesome. I love these videos.

Recently got Escape Nublar on Jurassic Park (the normal way, without playing Escape Nublar Challenge), but have yet to reach When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth. Working on Last Man Standing for The Walking Dead. I've gotten Horde frequently but personally consider Escape Terminus a little harder to reach--I've reached it only twice recently.

My TSPP and LOTR are set to three-ball play, making many of the wizard modes pretty much more difficult to achieve. But I once had an epic three-ball game on TSPP and reached SDMEWM. I wish I filmed it...one strategy I have is to combine Secret Stash and Daredevil Mania with Alien Invasion. You can potentially finish all three at once---3 of the 6 goals you must accomplish for the wizard mode.

Quoted from DNO:

After posting this, I tuned into the stream, and Karl got Open Season on attempt 536!!!

Hell yes!

#31 4 years ago

I've made:
    Super Hero on Spiderman a few times (usually choke once I get therr)
    Number of the Beast on IMDN
    Are You a God? on Ghostbusters
    Almost had Save Xander on Guardians, just a few shots shy. What a bummer

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from multibrawlr:

Karl's awesome. I love these videos.
    Recently got Escape Nublar on Jurassic Park (the normal way, without playing Escape Nublar Challenge), but have yet to reach When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth. Working on Last Man Standing for The Walking Dead. I've gotten Horde frequently but personally consider Escape Terminus a little harder to reach--I've reached it only twice recently.
    My TSPP and LOTR are set to three-ball play, making many of the wizard modes pretty much more difficult to achieve. But I once had an epic three-ball game on TSPP and reached SDMEWM. I wish I filmed it...one strategy I have is to combine Secret Stash and Daredevil Mania with Alien Invasion. You can potentially finish all three at once---3 of the 6 goals you must accomplish for the wizard mode.

Hell yes!

No idea how you did SDMEWM! I think I could get to Valinor twice in a game before doing that! I actually sold my TSPP because I was tired of putting in an hour or more into a game and not even getting half the objectives.

I've reached 115 kills in TWD, just to miss the last shot and drain. I was gutted!

Nublar is a tough one. Find that the timed modes makes this one very hard to get to. I wish a few of the modes in the game can be timed out. Actually one thing I don't like about the game (for the most part, I love it) is that the mini-wizard modes have to be played out. If you'e close to Nublar, and just have Museum Mayhem to get through, you should be able to escape without playing through the entire thing.

Quoted from Supersquid:

I've made:
    Super Hero on Spiderman a few times (usually choke once I get therr)
    Number of the Beast on IMDN
    Are You a God? on Ghostbusters
    Almost had Save Xander on Guardians, just a few shots shy. What a bummer

Did you finish NOTB? I got there, and drained after one attack on the devil haha. Really wish Keith would make this a two ball mode, or at least give an option to add-a-ball or restart the save ball feature. As it stands, one of the most disappointing wizard modes, since you work so hard to get there, and it's over on a single miss!

#33 4 years ago

No idea how you did SDMEWM! I think I could get to Valinor twice in a game before doing that! I actually sold my TSPP because I was tired of putting in an hour or more into a game and not even getting half the objectives.
    I've reached 115 kills in TWD, just to miss the last shot and drain. I was gutted!
    Nublar is a tough one. Find that the timed modes makes this one very hard to get to. I wish a few of the modes in the game can be timed out. Actually one thing I don't like about the game (for the most part, I love it) is that the mini-wizard modes have to be played out. If you'e close to Nublar, and just have Museum Mayhem to get through, you should be able to escape without playing through the entire thing.

Did you finish NOTB? I got there, and drained after one attack on the devil haha. Really wish Keith would make this a two ball mode, or at least give an option to add-a-ball or restart the save ball feature. As it stands, one of the most disappointing wizard modes, since you work so hard to get there, and it's over on a single miss!

I own an Iron Maiden and have defeated Number of the Beast lots times, I reach it quite frequently now, maybe 1 in 10 games or so. I've gotten within two Tomb Treasures of Run to the Hills twice, but to get to it you pretty much have to play a perfect game, it's super hard. I got a Deadpool a couple months ago and have gotten Clone Multiball a couple of times, still haven't gotten to The Final Battle, but that one seems way more doable than Run to the Hills.

On location or friends games I've gotten Rule the Universe on AFM, Immolation Initiative on GOTG, End of the Line on Metallca, Toured the Mansion on Addams Family (pretty easy one), Enterprise Amok on Star Trek, Final Frontier on STTNG, and Monsters of Rock on Monster Bash.

#34 4 years ago

Beat the beast first time I got there. Fell short since then. I guess the pressure is to much.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I own an Iron Maiden and have defeated Number of the Beast lots times, I reach it quite frequently now, maybe 1 in 10 games or so. I've gotten within two Tomb Treasures of Run to the Hills twice, but to get to it you pretty much have to play a perfect game, it's super hard. I got a Deadpool a couple months ago and have gotten Clone Multiball a couple of times, still haven't gotten to The Final Battle, but that one seems way more doable than Run to the Hills.
    On location or friends games I've gotten Rule the Universe on AFM, Immolation Initiative on GOTG, End of the Line on Metallca, Toured the Mansion on Addams Family (pretty easy one), Enterprise Amok on Star Trek, Final Frontier on STTNG, and Monsters of Rock on Monster Bash.

Crazy skills!

Are you a competitive player? I've seen NOTB once in nearly a year, and I'm not too terrible.

#36 4 years ago

Got lucky and beat Monster's of Rock once.

#37 4 years ago

Crazy skills!
    Are you a competitive player? I've seen NOTB once in nearly a year, and I'm not too terrible.

I don't play competitively. I have been encouraged to do so by players who I think are better than me that have told me I have the skills to do well in competitions. I played competitive "professional" foosball for about ten years, once I gave that up I put a lot more energy into getting good at playing pinball. Playing foosball at a high level in competitions pretty much ruined my love for the game, I'd hate for that to happen with pinball.

#38 4 years ago

Got this one last night for the first time!

VID_20200418_000903_exported_3669_1587183772776 (resized).jpgVID_20200418_000903_exported_3669_1587183772776 (resized).jpg
    #39 4 years ago

I have achieved:

1. World Cup Soccer, Beat Germany in the final twice in one game. (Was my first and only pin for some time and put alot of time on it.
    2. Star Trek, The Next Generation: The Final Frontier. Gotten this one about 3 times in the year I've had it. Probably my favorite game.
    3. Whirlwind, MegaDoor Bonus: Don't know if it counts but have gotten it a dozen or so times.
    4. The Addams Family: Toured the whole mansion! Done in an arcade!
    5. DE Jurassic Park: Total System Shutdown. Got it one time.
    6. White Water: Welcome to Wet Willies! About 3 times.
    7. Taxi: Just getting the jackpot once counts. It's hard!
    8. Fish Tales: Rock the boat!
    9. Metallica: Forgot what it's called but dang my score shot up!

On my to do list and in my house:

TSPP: I have a new to me TSPP in the garage I'm taking into the basement this afternoon. RIP my aspirations.
    Stern JP: It's in the basement and I've never even made it to the visotors center. I'm close though!

On my to do list and in the local arcade:
    Twilight Zone: I really want to take another whack at this when the arcades open.
    Deadpool: Some day Mr. Sinister will be mine!
    Star Wars: Darn you emporer!

Traded without achieving and really tried:
    AFM: Couldn't destroy the universe.
    Hobbit: Just tedious.
    Stern Star Trek: Super fun game I hope to own again. Never blacked out the triangle twice much less 3 times.

#40 4 years ago

Got my first System Failure on JP yesterday. Not difficult by wizard mode standards but it was cool to get to.

#41 4 years ago

My old Guardians came home to visit for a few weeks. This was my first time achieving the wizard mode, “Save Xandar” (3 ball, latest code, factory settings and outlanes, replay, fairly tight tilt).

90D8AAC4-997E-409A-9561-0960581A61B9 (resized).jpeg90D8AAC4-997E-409A-9561-0960581A61B9 (resized).jpegFA2DA1FC-B254-434F-B634-ADEF387C592B (resized).jpegFA2DA1FC-B254-434F-B634-ADEF387C592B (resized).jpeg
    #42 4 years ago

I like CV and DE JP wizard modes. To the unsuspecting person watching, they may think something had gone wrong.

#43 4 years ago

I'm sad to say have only reached one wizard 'Four Winds Multiball' but didn't to second part (Gauntlet) so not sure if that counts.

I was very close to Super Hero on SM also and close to Portal on Tron.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have achieved:
    1. World Cup Soccer, Beat Germany in the final twice in one game. (Was my first and only pin for some time and put alot of time on it.
    2. Star Trek, The Next Generation: The Final Frontier. Gotten this one about 3 times in the year I've had it. Probably my favorite game.
    3. Whirlwind, MegaDoor Bonus: Don't know if it counts but have gotten it a dozen or so times.
    4. The Addams Family: Toured the whole mansion! Done in an arcade!
    5. DE Jurassic Park: Total System Shutdown. Got it one time.
    6. White Water: Welcome to Wet Willies! About 3 times.
    7. Taxi: Just getting the jackpot once counts. It's hard!
    8. Fish Tales: Rock the boat!
    9. Metallica: Forgot what it's called but dang my score shot up!
    On my to do list and in my house:
    TSPP: I have a new to me TSPP in the garage I'm taking into the basement this afternoon. RIP my aspirations.
    Stern JP: It's in the basement and I've never even made it to the visotors center. I'm close though!
    On my to do list and in the local arcade:
    Twilight Zone: I really want to take another whack at this when the arcades open.
    Deadpool: Some day Mr. Sinister will be mine!
    Star Wars: Darn you emporer!
    Traded without achieving and really tried:
    AFM: Couldn't destroy the universe.
    Hobbit: Just tedious.
    Stern Star Trek: Super fun game I hope to own again. Never blacked out the triangle twice much less 3 times.

TSPP became monotonous to me. I'd play over an hour and not even get half the objectives.

I didn't see the wizard mode as a likely possibility, so sold it and got something else that I thought would be more fun.

#45 4 years ago

TSPP became monotonous to me. I'd play over an hour and not even get half the objectives.
    I didn't see the wizard mode as a likely possibility, so sold it and got something else that I thought would be more fun.

People always rave about this game but I absolutely HATED it. Too much of a grind.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

People always rave about this game but I absolutely HATED it. Too much of a grind.

And probably the most annoying sound package ever created....AND then you gotta play/listen to it for an hour.

#47 4 years ago

I bought TSPP NiB when it first came out. Took me 10 years to be able to sell it and break even. Ugh. I do kinda miss it though. Wizard Mode, ha I could barely get anywhere in that game.

CV Wizard many times and it's awesome.
    SS mode many times but getting the Spider Wheel Multi-ball only once. Man that was hard.
    STNG Final Frontier many times
    MB Monsters of Rock pretty easy, 666 though not so much. Still trying
    MM Battle for the Kingdom still trying, never seem to get it
    TZ yes did this recently and it was a blast
    AFM, almost. One shot away. Ahhhhh.
    Does Heaven's on Fire count in KISS?

I think thats about it.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I think Shadow has “Final Battle”, it’s not too bad to get to, but pretty tough to compete. Really similar to Eternal Life in Indiana Jones TPA, hit every switch.
    The tough part is getting all the battlefield/path of adventure switches.

Probably gotten to it 30 times at least and only finished it once. Think that once was mainly luck.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

MB Monsters of Rock pretty easy, 666 though not so much. Still trying

What is 666 in monster bash?

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

What is 666 in monster bash?

I think it's this:

If you can manage to get all five character modes stacked then start Frank multi all you get "The Big Stack Six".A big bonus is awarded before it starts the multi ball.Ive only done it once.It think the bonus was 66,600.

There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-mode-achieved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.