Screenshot_20211023-082959_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211023-082826_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211023-082855_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
unnamed copy (resized).jpg
wizbats rick morty pinball flipper bat decals (resized).jpg
Rick and Morty Blood Sucker Edition (resized).jpg
Rick and Morty Standard (resized).jpg
wizaprons rick morty pinball apronskins apron decals pinaprons 1 (resized).jpg
wizpanels rick morty standard pinball speaker panel overlay speaker grills dmdskins dmd pin art skins 2 (resized).jpg
wizpanels rick morty standard pinball speaker panel overlay speaker grills dmdskins dmd pin art skins 1 (resized).jpg
wizpanels rick and morty standard cut pinball speaker panel overlay speaker grills dmdskins dmd pin art skins 1 (resized).jpg
wizpanels rick and morty pinball blood sucker edition speaker panel overlay speaker grills dmdskins dmd pin art skins 1 (resized).jpg
wizpanels rick and morty pinball blood sucker edition speaker panel overlay speaker grills dmdskins dmd pin art skins 2 (resized).jpg
wizblades rick and morty pinball inside decals sideboard art pinblades gameblades sideblades pin blades (resized).jpg
wizaprons rick morty no cards pinball apronskins apron decals pinaprons 1 (resized).jpg
wizblades No Good Gofers pinball inside decals sideboard art pinblades gameblades sideblades pin blades (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 months ago

I have a set of Wizblades and flipper tops arriving here in california in the next week or so. I will report back on my impressions....

#28 4 months ago
Quoted from WizardMod:

The tracking system many times makes it look like it is stuck but it's not. It's in transit. Only when it gets to your area the system updates the location and then it is just a few days to arrive.
Anyway you can always let us know to take a look and try to figure out more details on where the package is.(email or the shop's contact form)
We are always happy to help and try to find out more info.

The US Postal System created 5 inbound international shipments centers in 1996 called "ISC". Miami is one of them. When packages arrive from Portugal, the most likely landing point in the USA is the Miami customs clearance center, followed by a short trip to the edge of the airport to the USPostal ISC. That is where the bottleneck is. It's not uncommon for packages to take 2 weeks to make it from the entrance of the ISC to the exit of the ISC. They are just overloaded 100% of the time. My shipment arrived there a week ago and I wouldn't expect it to start making its way to California for another week or so. ISC's have always been a bad idea that doesn't help anything or save the USPS any money.

#32 4 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Hey mark, im in for a review of the blades.

As soon as they arrive I will write a comprehensive review. I have seen a bunch of different blades from a handful of manufacturers, and surprisingly, they each vary greatly in so many aspects. Stay tuned...

#43 4 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Where do these shipped from and how long does it take to get to you?

I ordered WizardBlades on May 26th, and the tracking details says it was shipped from Portugal on May 28th. USPS says it is being delivered TODAY. (that makes it about ~17 days to California). I plan to post a review on the quality and workmanship of what arrived tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,

#45 4 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The US Postal System created 5 inbound international shipments centers in 1996 called "ISC". Miami is one of them. When packages arrive from Portugal, the most likely landing point in the USA is the Miami customs clearance center, followed by a short trip to the edge of the airport to the USPostal ISC. That is where the bottleneck is. It's not uncommon for packages to take 2 weeks to make it from the entrance of the ISC to the exit of the ISC. They are just overloaded 100% of the time. My shipment arrived there a week ago and I wouldn't expect it to start making its way to California for another week or so. ISC's have always been a bad idea that doesn't help anything or save the USPS any money.

OK, Just received the WizBlades. Took 17 days to arrive to California.
1. Material seems to be a tough and resistant stock. It is branded Orajet and is labelled as removeable.
2. The printing seems very nice. It has continuous tone, and the colors seem to be as expected.
3. The sizing and shape seems to mimic the Stern blades exactly. Should fit right in.
4. The backing removes easily and due to the thickness, PROBABLY won't be so fragile during installation.
5. I have posted two pictures, but hard to show. I can NOT detect the 'dots' common on jet printing.
6. The surface has a slight satin sheen and a barely tactile textured feel to it. (pictures make it look MUCH different than in person. The slight texture is NOT visible)

More to come after I install them this weekend.

IMG_1639 (resized).jpgIMG_1640 (resized).jpg

#51 4 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Thanks for the info! It triggered my purchase. Not to bad, coming from the other side of the world.

I wish the pictures were better. The slight texture surface is catching the light in my photos, but I suspect will look fine once installed due to the location of the lights on the playfield and where a player stands. I will update this comment once the blades are in place.

1 week later
#54 3 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I wish the pictures were better. The slight texture surface is catching the light in my photos, but I suspect will look fine once installed due to the location of the lights on the playfield and where a player stands. I will update this comment once the blades are in place.

Here's the update. These are the WizardBlades on a JP Premium. They are sweet!!! Notice the colors match the backboard of the playfield...

IMG_1653 (resized).jpgIMG_1654 (resized).jpgIMG_1655 (resized).jpgIMG_1656 (resized).jpgIMG_1657 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#69 3 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

27 days to get to Texas. I was Tracking. They where stuck in Miami for 10 days. Quality is jaw dropping.
[quoted image]

Pls let us know how if there are any noticeable changes to the quality/crispness of the sound coming from the speakers in the backbox.

#76 3 months ago

Love the WizBlades! Now I find my Rollercoaster Tycoon cabinet sides look bare standing next to the Jurassic Park with the WizardBlades... Can you add RCT to your (growing) list of blades?

#79 3 months ago

I am very curious HOW you get all of these custom parts designed so quickly? Obviously you have cutting templates that don't change very much from machine to machine within a brand, but there is a TON of graphic design work for each machine. Do you have a WIZARD of a graphics artist that dreams in Photoshop? Your team is just churning out high quality and well integrated designs faster than I have ever seen. And the resulting Blades are very high quality in LOOK and FEEL (materials).

#86 3 months ago

Consider building a relationship with one of the USA mod dealers. Just need one, and likely they just need to 'stock' the pieces for your most common titles. That said, it makes no sense to work with a USA based distributor that places the order withyou AFTER they get an order from a customer. The real value is having your mods IN STOCK in a USA location. If for instance, a dealer was willing to stock FIVE units of the apron, blades and speaker panel for the most popular titles like JP and Mando. Then when their stock gets down to say two, they place a new order with you. They essentially buffer the time delay. Lastly, prices should be worked out so that price-alone does NOT become the main reason to work with a dealer in the USA. The value is delivery.

Everybody wins! Pinsiders get products in less than a week, you get paid what you want for the work and nobody gets stuck with materials that won't sell.

1 week later
#109 3 months ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Recommended JP pro wizblade? Same as prem/le?

I used the blue/green palette blade, https://wizardmod.com/collections/jurassic-park-stern-pinball-mods/products/jurassic-park-stern-pinball-wizblades which does a great job extending the look and feel of the backboard scene. While some folks use the sunset palette version of the Wizblades to tie into the cabinet artwork with rich orange tones, the blue tones mimic those on the backboard and give the appearance of a single wrap-around scene (side-back-side), all color coordinated. (I posted some pictures of it installed a couple of week ago). Either way, you won't be sorry to spent the $90 to get these.

#125 3 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What have people seen regarding time from order to delivery? Ordered 07/16 and have not gotten anything but an invoice since.

You ordered it SIX days ago? I think your expectations for delivery should be 21-25 days. (And if it arrives sooner, then you are "Da Man"!)

#139 3 months ago

About 20 years ago, the USPS created the ISC's in order to SPEED the processing of International inbound parcels. They made FIVE of these centers in the USA, and then funded the equivalent of only THREE of them for the past few years, so resources are pretty thin. If it makes you feel any better, the USPS cost per ounce is going UP to $.58 from the current $.55 because they say they lost $8Billion in 2020!!!

You package will arrive... but really nothing you can do about it until the log jam breaks out on it's own.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside