Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
FA9EA66C-B6BC-40D8-8D02-1A1E9A8F634E (resized).jpeg
D653B18A-2804-470B-BFC6-811CD5BE424F (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

So the match counter in my Bally Wizard is missing the screws and spacers, so it does not work. I called PBR, they helped tell me what I was missing, but he did not happen to have any on hand. He did say that I could possibly fabricate a spacer, and get some #4 or #6 screws and nuts to work.

So...

Can someone measure the spacing I am supposed to have between the 2 boards? I think a hollow tube could be cut to fit.

Or, if anybody has the parts, I would gladly buy them. The counter works when I press the boards in, I just need to hold them there. I think there is a stepped bolt, and a spacer, but not 100% sure.

Or, other ideas or suggestions?

This is my first pin.

Thanks!

John.

D653B18A-2804-470B-BFC6-811CD5BE424F (resized).jpegD653B18A-2804-470B-BFC6-811CD5BE424F (resized).jpegFA9EA66C-B6BC-40D8-8D02-1A1E9A8F634E (resized).jpegFA9EA66C-B6BC-40D8-8D02-1A1E9A8F634E (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

Thank you, that is an amazing write up, and one I did not find when searching. Now the only mystery is the thickness of the missing spacer. If I can figure that out, I surely can fab one.

Thanks again!

#4 3 years ago

Here is a picture of the spacer

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

My screw guide says its a #5 screw, screwing into a tapped thread in the plate

#6 3 years ago

DrDre thank you so much! Looks like your spacer is 3/4” from the photo. Assuming just one? I’ll buy both screw sizes, to save a return trip to the hardware store.

#7 3 years ago

Yes. Just one spacer. Attached through the lower screw hole. Looks like there is space for another spacer in the top screw hole. My unit may be missing that one.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8 3 years ago

Checked the same unit in my Capt Fantastic. Only one post in the lower hole.

#9 3 years ago

Thanks! I looked close at mine, and it has one threaded hole. I found a spacer, store had no #5 screws... try again tomorrow!

#10 3 years ago

Fastenal or Grainger will be able to get you the #5. I used Fastenal for a #3 for a Bally. Qty 10, 2 days and under $3.

#11 3 years ago

I ordered 50 from EBay after stopping at 2 stores today. If anybody needs one, I’ll mail then out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-match-counter-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.