(Topic ID: 196529)

Wizard Hardtops now available for order!

By Outsidedge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0038 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fingersport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

So let me see if I understand. The 8 star rollovers on Wizard are different from the star rollovers that can be carefully punched out from the bottom with the assistance of a heat gun. If the above process is required is there a dremel tool that has a depth stop. I seem to remember seeing one.

#9 6 years ago

I get it now. All 5 of my Wizards are in a different location so I was unable to look at a playfield. I thought the black section that you show being removed was part of the original playfield. I didn't remember it that way but, my memory can be bad sometimes. I see why they did the star rollovers this way. It provides a little bit of leeway when installing the hardtop. As long as you line up all the other holes the star rollovers should be OK. Thanks for the clarification Frax. Putting the steps in order 1-4 made the bell go off. Ding "I get it" I looked at the video several times and I can't see that black area very well on the laptop. Not well enough to see that was part of the hardtop I was looking at. Looks like I need to check into some new glass. Thanks for the video as well Skypilot. Very helpful.

#12 6 years ago

I got all 5 Wizards at a auction in South Carolina several years ago. A very large operator had to get rid of almost 1000 pins and about the same number of video games, jukeboxes, pool tables and other coin-op equipment. The fire marshal said the large number of wooden games was a fire hazard. The tobacco warehouse where the games were stored was also made out of wood. If I remember right the auction had about 20 Wizards. Not all of them sold even though they where in good condition. My average price per Wizard was $280. I also picked up about 30 other pinballs that day. I think that was the largest number of pins I picked up in one day. Love the good old days.

I will be selling 4 of the Wizards when I get a chance to overhaul them. Not sure at this point if I will put hardtops on all of them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fingersport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-hardtops-now-available-for-order?tu=fingersport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.