2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TwinDavid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smedley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi folks! First post asking for help!
Wizard that I’ve had for nearly 40 years has a new curveball. The topic above says it all. Flag 3 flips fine but when ball goes down the right alley now as soon as it hits the first star rollover to start the reset sequence all the playfield lights dim and the leftmost fuse blows after 2 or 3 seconds. If flag 3 is not flipped this does not occur. Have been replacing bulbs but not in the flag 3 target or rollover. Anyone seen this before? Thanks for listening!

Smed

#3 2 years ago

Well...good idea! But that's a lot of bulbs to remove. May come to that huh and put 'em back in one at a time and see what happens. Thanks!

Smed

#4 2 years ago

Update...I see now that both the backglass and the playfield illumination lights dim when the #3 flag flips back. I guess that should be a further clue. 15 amp fuse blows after a few seconds. Gotta be something with flip relay 3 switches. Just thinking out loud...

Smed

#6 2 years ago

Thanks TwinDavid ... I did that after you mentioned it and found nothing amiss. Then I had a brainstorm...if only flag 3 causes the issue then what would be unique to that? The double bonus light comes on. Took the bulb out of that socket (a 455 was in there) and the problem is gone! Put a #44 bulb in and still no problem. So I don't know if the socket is messed up or the 455 bulb is. The flashing bulb works in other sockets just fine.
Thanks for chiming in on the post. Nice to have other folks thinking for me....!

Smed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smedley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-flipflag-3-dims-lights-and-blows-fuse-when-flipping-back?tu=smedley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.