(Topic ID: 297558)

Wizard Flip Flag Won’t Reset

By FrankieSoySauce

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

My Bally Wizard is having an issue with flag #1. Hitting the target or rollover flips the flag just fine. And then as the ball travels down the right lane the bumpers light and convert from 10 points to 100 points (flag 1 is the bumper activator). Bonus advances. All good there.

The issue is that going over the rollover in the right lane should reset it (i.e., flip it back). But it doesn’t. The other three flags all work properly and will reset upon the ball traveling down the right lane. I believe that flag 1 is the trigger to reset all four flags (or however many have already been flipped by hitting targets) so it seems to be activating the other 3 flags.

I’ve cleaned switches, checked connections, checked the flip flag Jones plug. I’m having some trouble following the flow of the schematic for the flags so it’s possible I’ve overlooked something.

It worked just fine a couple days ago and in the process of fixing an issue with the flag #2 target light (not a bulb), I may have created the issue with flag 1.

I’ve read a number of posts in this forum on flag issues and some are close, but no cigar.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

In case it matters, I should add that if I manually move flag 1 back to its starting position then press the right lane rollover it all resets to its correct starting point for play.

#3 2 years ago

Check to see if the tiny metal rod/plunger responsible for flipping the flag back on the right side of Flag 1 is moving up and down freely.

I had the same problem on mine with the #3 flag and sure enough the rod on the right side was getting hung up. Gave it a good cleaning and it’s been working perfectly since.

#4 2 years ago

Thanks. Gave the rod/plunger a good cleaning and seems to be fine. It does flip one way but not the other so I'm thinking it may be a circuit continuity issue. Flip solenoid fires on the initial flip but won't de-energize when the ball travels down the right lane. 2, 3, and 4 all work fine.

#5 2 years ago

Fixed. Contact under the right lane rollover was off ever so slightly. Very temperamental.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-flip-flag-wont-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.