image-237.jpg
image-710.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
cracker jack.jpg
rotatinglight.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

It is unfortunate that there are so many hurdles to reproduce this game. This was my first time watching that video listed above, so I was in awe to finally see playable footage of this title. Thanks to Eddie Cramer for posting that.

I was one of the lucky few who were able to have a "Dinner with Pat Lawlor" at last year's 2012 Chicago Pinball Expo. When Pat talked about Wizard Blocks his face lit up. You could tell he was really excited about this project, even more than a decade later. A couple of things he mentioned stood out to me:

1) Pat was really excited about the rotating lamps. It sounded like it was sort of a miniature hazard light, but that's just my guess from his limited description.
rotatinglight.jpgrotatinglight.jpg

2) Pat also mentioned a ramp (I'm assuming the lower right ramp) that would take the ball on a path that would intersect those TOP blocks, and destroy them as it crossed their path. I kept waiting for that to happen in the video, but maybe the whitewood or code wasn't that far along yet.

Here's hoping that at some point in our lives this project might see completion. As "lllvjr" mentioned,

...putting people together to talk gets these things moving forward...

In the meantime, lots of respect to Pat Lawlor for all the innovative work he's done for our beloved hobby.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
Cleaner
$ 2,350.00
Playfields
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Playfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-blocks-2?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.