image-237.jpg
image-710.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
cracker jack.jpg
rotatinglight.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

pingeorge started to do his own version of wizard blocks....from last i heard he was scrapping it and doing a retheme as magic blocks to avoid copy infringement issues..and when he gets it done there will only be one or two made....with that said this is beating a dead horse no one is doing anything with it...people now feel a pin2k project would be cool since all these custom pin start ups are going......jjp and pps have a good relationship...im guessing gene owns some pin2k rights???? the ideal situation would be to ask jack, rick and gene to get together and produce the kits. im not sure what pats l. is doing on a daily basis but ted estes is at jjp maybe he can talk pat into finishing the project with him?? maybe pat would want to do a new pin2k kit project theme and jjp could build it...putting people together to talk gets these things moving forward...

#37 10 years ago

The rotating flasher from wb on eBay sold at like $150-$175 final actual bid. It had a buy it now of $1500 but that was obliviously a pipe dream

#46 10 years ago

looks like steve sbovada cleaned out some of genes collection

1 year later
#159 9 years ago

Mmr is happening cause sterns factory is building the game. Not saying Chicago gaming couldn't pull it off, but having not done anything for build set up on mmr it would have been costly and a long wait for mmr to get completed. Rick has had all the chips fall correctly with a little luck involved. Glad it's getting done, but don't think it wouldn't take another mirracle to pull off wb cause it would. Redoing a completed game and redoing a incomplete game are night n day.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Bottom line is the cost am I correct?
If so, have all the parties that are capable of actually producing WB in any form( Full machine, Playfield, Kit Playfield) have actually sat down together to determine the completed cost to build it and then come up with what they consider would be the appropriate sales price to reap a profit?
This is a serious question without such a complete hash it out meeting with all parties involved, Animators,Software Programmers ,Lawyers, Builders etc..) together coming up with a real cost to build number how can the project be discarded as just a dream?
What would that price be?
Toss it out to the masses and see what feedback you would get. That would determine once and for all if it would be a worthwhile project to undertake.
Maybe just maybe some of the talent that would create the machine would not charge so much as it could be part labor of love and being part of such a great project and just wanting to see it get done. (Highly Unlikely but you never know)
I would love to see WB made. Impossible of course not. Bottom line is money.

The people who can do all the things it takes for this to happen don't want to do it... On top of everything that's a unknown like finding someone to finish programming it, finding someone to finish designing it, finding someone to build the parts, getting all the ducks in a row that u don't know the cost... It's taking a year to rebuild a mmr.. They can build three more repo games before they finish wb to build it... I want it as much as the next guy, never going to happen. Move along!

#189 9 years ago

image-992.jpgimage-992.jpgimage-237.jpgimage-237.jpgimage-710.jpgimage-710.jpgimage-677.jpgimage-677.jpgimage-710.jpgimage-710.jpg

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I'd ask that the all-knowing peanut gallery find somewhere else to post if you aren't going to add anything to discussion other than "Move ON!" and "Stop beating a Dead Horse!"
You do realize that for years the reproduction of MM was thrown in the same category by the all-knowing peanut gallery of negativity, right?
And by the way, if everyone is SO SURE that this is a dead end project, maybe Rick should just release all the code, parts list, designs, drawings, etc for public use. I mean, since everyone is so positive nothing will ever be done with WB. Then release everything to the pinball community, and I can make one for myself. Sound good?

Pingeorge will make you one! He's talented

3 weeks later
#235 9 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

This guy is working on his own private WB project - it looks... amazing although I don't think it works yet:
http://pavlovpinball.com/phantasmic-pinball-creations/

George falls under the category of talented, but no business's model sense. What George is doing will only be a one off and never anything more. He's tried in previous years to reach out to people(gene and designers) with no success and feels scorned. So now he's gone into seclusion and just doing what he wants for him self only... Old school guy could build anything, never work well with others? Maybe maybe not... But it also is others don't want to work with him from what he's told me a while back... Anyway leave George alone, he prefers it this way now. Amazing talent wish he was in the USA and working for pinball into the public hands.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I must be missing something here, if JJP can produce a complete machine which includes full color animated video, and sell it for $8K or less, how the hell can it be impossible to make a playfield kit for WB which already has a fair bit of development already done, and sell it at a reasonable price
There were 11,700 P2K machines made, if a kit for WB or any P2K title was made available, don't you think you could sell at least a thousand if the price wasn't insane.? Not sure what the magic price point would need to be, but would have to be less than what Stern sells a complete game for.

Your right your missing a lot!
No game designer, no established factory to use with out scheduling, no engineer to finish designing parts, no sound guy, no voice actors, no programmer, no manufactures not delaying your parts cause they only service stern with no compete clauses, no company building wire harnesses, there's way more I'm not even close to scratching the surface, then u have to probably pay more then the competition for these people cause u can double your build time if they don't have experience, then production issues, schedules over runs, bla bla bla... Not to mention none of these people will take the job knowing there's no job security guarantee after the build cause your only talking about a one off... And wrap that all together... Now tell me, u think Rick can pull all that off and make kits for less then a stern game! NO PROBLEM!!! U can be his financial guru for sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-blocks-2?tu=lllvjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.