image-237.jpg
image-710.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
cracker jack.jpg
rotatinglight.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jnewton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago

I have held our hope for years, but agree due to the messy rights issues that it just ain't gonna happen. There's no way they could do it at $2500, it would have to be closer to $4-5k, so everybody can get a cut. Plus, apparently Pat wants no part of it and to me it just wouldn't feel right if it didn't have his "blessing".

1 year later
#130 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

It's weird that whatever title is being worked on when a company closes it's doors suddenly becomes the brass ring. Given it's not done and very few of us have played one, I'm not sure I understand the emotional investiture. It's an unfinished game on a dead platform that is legally encumbered to such an extent it's unclear who owns it. It sounds like THE tar baby of the pinball world.
It would be cheaper/faster to build a knock-off called "Sorceror Cubes" than it would be to try and complete what exists. The reality is there's nothing sacred about the existing rule set other than that's what they had when the doors closed.
Post edited by swf127

As a Pin2k owner/fan, it is a big deal to me. According to most accounts(interviews with Williams employees) it was *the* game that got the pin2k format down to the perfect mix of pinball and video. That's hardly surprising though, as it was designed by the co-creator of the format and he had time to really look at what didn't work on the other two. That, and he's Pat-Freaking-Lawlor(pinball god). It's a little sad, but now I've built this game up in my head so much that if it were it ever be made, it wouldn't live up to the legend I'm sure lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jnewton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-blocks-2?tu=Jnewton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.