11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sixtyfourbits
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EE06241D-C382-424D-9C70-6D0284CF2193 (resized).jpeg
    Guzzoline-battle.gif
    61389091489__A7EBC8A5-8418-429E-B368-E267C6AF9263 (1) (resized).jpeg
    magnetOpto (resized).png
    orbitflat (resized).png
    orbit (resized).png
    orbitsheetmetal (resized).png
    orbitclamp (resized).png
    counterboreEM (resized).jpg
    teenut (resized).jpg
    pluggable (resized).jpg
    coil (resized).jpg
    newton2 (resized).png
    newton1 (resized).png
    newton0 (resized).png
    venomRamp (resized).png

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 85 days ago
    Quoted from SickNate:

QuickSilverShelby,
    This is the highest compliment you could give, but I can't go selling a theme I don't have rights to.
    When done with this project I'd be happy to give you all the solid models and assets.
    Had I used only off the shelf parts it would be easy(relatively speaking) to make a pin from that. Unfortunately there has got to be about $1000 or more in custom machined parts. If taken to a machine shop I'd bet more along 2k plus
    If you really want one I can help you make it happen....but you'll have to build it, print the art etc.
    I don't want to do any copyright infringement.

Let me think about that. I'm not sure I have the skills to build a home brew pin. I believe you when you state there is at least $2k in custom machines parts. Anything custom costs big dollars. I'm a custom home builder and I'm currently building a custom house for my wife and I. So far, I have not once said "wow, that didn't cost that much".

QSS

#402 83 days ago

I guess what he meant: Besides off the shelf parts, an off the shelf control system, a custom cut playfield with print, a computer, screen, cabinet and much more you also need to machine some custom parts. I would expect the bill of material to be somewhere between 6 and 12k in total plus all your own work and tools you might need. Not an impossible project but certainly would take a lot of dedication over a longer time with a decent budget.

#403 83 days ago
    Quoted from SickNate:

8 ball trough.
    Only the wives multiball might need to steal locked balls. Probably from nux mb

So many possibilities for modes on this. You could use the guzzoline battle where max and the warboys are spitting gas into the intakes back and forth as a ramp combo mode. War boy spits and you have to make the next ramp combo in X amount of time to have max spit gas in Furiosa's rig, back and forth. Could be an exciting mode if the timers are not too tight and not too loose to create tension. Maybe add balls to create warboy chaos and make the ramps harder to combo.

Guzzoline-battle.gif
    #404 83 days ago

The tilt warning call outs are gonna be from that scene. “Don’t blow my rig” and “ I’m gonna judge her...
    Just a bit”.

I like the nitro war idea. I’ll have to work that into the slit battle for sure.

I’ve read the mission pinball framework guide/docs like 5 times and it’s finally starting to click.... I think.
    Really I learn by trying stuff , checking the logs for event post , then try more stuff... you know until the crap sticks to the wall.

I’m used to ladder logic programming so it’s a different way of thinking with posting events and all.

The hardest part for me is going to be the GUI. I have ideas for what to do art wise... just zero skills to accomplish it.

1 week later
    #405 76 days ago
    Quoted from SickNate:

The tilt warning call outs are gonna be from that scene. “Don’t blow my rig” and “ I’m gonna judge her...
    Just a bit”.
    I like the nitro war idea. I’ll have to work that into the slit battle for sure.
    I’ve read the mission pinball framework guide/docs like 5 times and it’s finally starting to click.... I think.
    Really I learn by trying stuff , checking the logs for event post , then try more stuff... you know until the crap sticks to the wall.
    I’m used to ladder logic programming so it’s a different way of thinking with posting events and all.
    The hardest part for me is going to be the GUI. I have ideas for what to do art wise... just zero skills to accomplish it.

Well you’re in the right place Amigo!

#406 71 days ago

Code is coming along....

Art is coming along...

As the code fills in it is more and more fun to play.

My nephew came by for the 4th weekend and got a lot done.

He set up the nitro/ awaited mode so on the first hit you get 1 second, 2nd hit is 4 Seconds, 3rd Hit 9 seconds , 4th hit 16 seconds and finally 5th hit is 25 seconds.

Works out awesome. It’s weighted to make you want to wait until level 5 to use it. Already have come up with a strategy to try and hit the behind the upper flipper shot and if you make it immediately press both right flipper buttons to start the mode at 3X . I’ll post a vid of it in action soon.

Also we plan to make it so the
    Mode will add 5 seconds to any hurry up. So if your running low on time it’s smart to save the nitro and use it then.

I am really happy with the layout.

Only a few tiny changes for rev 2 planned.
    Mostly a rev 2 version of the pop bumpers.

Also a one way wire gate where the motorized target bank is on the side.
    When the bank is down Upper flipper shots bounce of the side rail and out.
    Right now you have to “luck” your way in.

MPF is awesome and makes most of the coding easy.
    I am very thankful to everyone who has put in time to make this software

EE06241D-C382-424D-9C70-6D0284CF2193 (resized).jpeg
    #407 71 days ago
    Quoted from SickNate:

Code is coming along....
    Art is coming along...

I’ll post a vid of it in action soon.

Let's get that video posted!

1 week later
    #408 64 days ago

Got the flip/flop scoops working

Thank you Jab_doa for the MPF code update.

2 weeks later
    #409 46 days ago

My nephews finally made it to town.
    They’ve been working on code and light shows for 2 days . Here’s a vid of where we’re at.

I’ve got everything dialed in mechanically (mostly) and am letting them do all the coding.

#410 46 days ago
    Quoted from SickNate:

They’ve been working on code and light shows for 2 days . Here’s a vid of where we’re at.
    I’ve got everything dialed in mechanically (mostly) and am letting them do all the coding.

That's awesome, but why is the sound barely audible?

#411 46 days ago

Looks awesome. Nice work.

QSS

#412 46 days ago
    Quoted from SickNate:

Flips nicely. Diverter looks like it’s working well.

Nice work.

#413 46 days ago

Looking really awesome!! Nice progress, and the layout seems to be super nice!

#414 46 days ago

Looks very playable and the shots & ramps flow well, even able to back hand. Congrats this is a huge milestone

#415 45 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

That's awesome, but why is the sound barely audible?

The sound is actually loud on the machine.
    Must be something with my phone.

#416 41 days ago

Citadel multiball as explained by Justin.
    5 balls released all at once from 3 ramp locks and 2 scoops.

#417 40 days ago

Nice!!! It's really coming along now. Looks awesome.

#418 40 days ago

Looks absolutely great!!!!

I'd crank up the rear legs to add some speed though. It looks to play like a widebody with the current angle. Mad Max should be break-neck fassssst!

#419 38 days ago

THAT TRIPLE RAMP MULTIBALL START!

#420 38 days ago

I like physical locks. That an awesome multiball!

1 month later
    #421 3 days ago

Took a couple of weeks off. Actually I’m pretty much done. The nephew is doing all the code.
    That and art is all that’s left.
    He has come down from Vegas for a week 2 times now and is pounding out the code.
    It is amazing how important the code is.
    The game shot pretty good right out of the gate but wasn’t fun until the code started filling in.

Anyhoo here’s a vid of the Progress

#422 3 days ago

That is incredible looks like such a fun game, love the target which freezes the ball for a second great effect and the subway which shoots the ball UP the machine that’s fantastic, can’t wait to see this thing with artwork.

Keep up the great work.

#423 3 days ago

Great light shows. That apron rocks!

#424 3 days ago

I love this build. I want one.

#425 2 days ago
    Quoted from russdx:

That is incredible looks like such a fun game, love the target which freezes the ball for a second great effect and the subway which shoots the ball UP the machine that’s fantastic, can’t wait to see this thing with artwork.
    Keep up the great work.

Check out post 94 and 121. Both scoops can hold an extra ball. The game has some logic that makes it seem like the ball is moving from scoop to the other. But it just changes where it is holding an extra ball.

Any pinsiders want to take a stab at GUI and/or back glass?
    Art is where my nephew and I fail.
    I feel like I could spend a year learning photoshop and illustrator and would still suck at art. I would rather move on to laying out homebrew #2 playfield and mechanics.

#426 2 days ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

I love this build. I want one.

Get in line bub! You're #2 in line right behind me.

QSS

#427 2 days ago

looks fun to play.

#428 2 days ago

awesome work guys, well done

#429 2 days ago

You should talk to COINDROPPER for art work. He does a great job on the apron cards.

#430 2 days ago
    Quoted from SickNate:

Check out post 94 and 121. Both scoops can hold an extra ball. The game has some logic that makes it seem like the ball is moving from scoop to the other. But it just changes where it is holding an extra ball.
    Any pinsiders want to take a stab at GUI and/or back glass?
    Art is where my nephew and I fail.
    I feel like I could spend a year learning photoshop and illustrator and would still suck at art. I would rather move on to laying out homebrew #2 playfield and mechanics.

I've made a few custom translites before, and could take a shot at it if you like. I'm not great at it, but the price can't be beat! (free) haha. I use gimp2 for a program. I don't want to clutter up your thread, but here's a link to a post showing three that I have made:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-get-a-custom-translite-made#post-5839710
    Feel free to post here what you have in mind, or we can take it to messages. Or if someone else more talented steps up, no worries at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.00
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinshakers
    $ 40.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 16.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 47.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside