(Topic ID: 243786)

With the remakes now out how much is an Original Monster Bash worth?

By Mad_Dog_Coin_Op

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Methos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hello All - Here is the question. I want an Original Monster Bash but I'm not sure what they are worth now. The remakes definitely impacted the market. I don't believe the Pinside prices are close to actuate anymore for this title. Have the originals bottomed out yet and what do you think a fair price is for one? Thanks in advance.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hello All - Here is the question. I want an Original Monster Bash but I'm not sure what they are worth now. The remakes definitely impacted the market. I don't believe the Pinside prices are close to actuate anymore for this title. Have the originals bottomed out yet and what do you think a fair price is for one? Thanks in advance.

#3 4 years ago

Check the past sales in marketplace. Looks like the last few original Monster Bash pins have sold between $6500-8000 depends on mods/condition

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=972

#4 4 years ago

It varies but generally ALOT less, at least 25%-35% down from peak.

MBr has by far the most enhancements of the remakes and makes the most compelling argument for superiority on the original yet. B/W parts or not.

2 years later
#5 2 years ago

That may have been true for awhile, but from where I sit, I'd say the original Williams are now going for as much as a MBr LE!
For example, right now, there is a MBr LE that is listed for $10,500 OBO and just went "Sale Pending". (Looking at the Archive, $10,000 seems to be the going price for an LE today.... up from around $7000 for an Spec last December??)
Meanwhile a Williams original was just listed yesterday for $11,000 Firm and it is not even in great condition. And another one yesterday just listed for $12,000!
Yes, I know, people can ask whatever they like; it doesn't mean they will get it. (Too many times we don't know what the sold price was, as most sales in the Archive seem to prefer to keep the price private.)
But the last reasonably priced Williams (excellent condition) sold on July 4 for $8500. Seems they have risen at least $1000 just since then.

So, we can say that "today", it appears a really nice Williams Original MB, fully shopped, everything working, very good cabinet is going for about the same as a MBr Spec or LE.

And that begs the question: Assuming the above, would I be better off buying a Williams Original today, or a MBr Spec (or LE)?
The parts for the Williams Original are (when available) still cheaper than for a Remake. But (hopefully) a Remake will give YEARS of trouble-free service in a home environment.
So, maybe it comes down to this: Does the Remake offer anything over and above the Original? Is there more depth to the rules? More "levels" to attain?
The only thing I can see from the CGC flyer has to do with LED lighting and "Improved decoration of playfield monsters". (I have not had the opportunity to play a Remake; that's why I am asking )

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroRick:

That may have been true for awhile, but from where I sit, I'd say the original Williams are now going for as much as a MBr LE!
For example, right now, there is a MBr LE that is listed for $10,500 OBO and just went "Sale Pending". (Looking at the Archive, $10,000 seems to be the going price for an LE today.... up from around $7000 for an Spec last December??)
Meanwhile a Williams original was just listed yesterday for $11,000 Firm and it is not even in great condition. And another one yesterday just listed for $12,000!
Yes, I know, people can ask whatever they like; it doesn't mean they will get it. (Too many times we don't know what the sold price was, as most sales in the Archive seem to prefer to keep the price private.)
But the last reasonably priced Williams (excellent condition) sold on July 4 for $8500. Seems they have risen at least $1000 just since then.
So, we can say that "today", it appears a really nice Williams Original MB, fully shopped, everything working, very good cabinet is going for about the same as a MBr Spec or LE.
And that begs the question: Assuming the above, would I be better off buying a Williams Original today, or a MBr Spec (or LE)?
The parts for the Williams Original are (when available) still cheaper than for a Remake. But (hopefully) a Remake will give YEARS of trouble-free service in a home environment.
So, maybe it comes down to this: Does the Remake offer anything over and above the Original? Is there more depth to the rules? More "levels" to attain?
The only thing I can see from the CGC flyer has to do with LED lighting and "Improved decoration of playfield monsters". (I have not had the opportunity to play a Remake; that's why I am asking )

I chose an original due to the feel of the game and the availability of parts. Having said that, the big DMD on the remakes is nice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MI
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/with-the-remakes-now-out-how-much-is-an-original-monster-bash-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.