(Topic ID: 269025)

With COVID-19 rules, STERN coder's are preparing massive updates

By hoby1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200519-141629~2 (resized).png
    gif.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Wasn't he told to make the game simple? For some reason I thought I read it around here somewhere or on one of the many podcast. I'm not a huge fan of the code but will play the game on route periodically as I like how it shoots. Me personally I wanted more from it.

I like mine. Could be great. Video clip integration is not good and so redundant compared to Elvira and BM66 for example

It might be fine for “on route”. Then just sell to location operators and not HUO

It can be both “simple” and “complex/deep” like the games I mentioned that Lyman did

Maybe they told Dwight that, but I won’t be buying any Dwight games for HUO unless it’s completely done up front or there is a guarantee

Even then I might wait it out and not buy. I still have my GBLE and not interested in waiting 2-3 yrs to finish code

Lyman might take longer but he does it in stage and they are materpieces

When you are dropping $9k on a pin it should go without saying code will be deep and great OR don’t sell an LE version. Just make pros

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I don't know. To me it just has to be fun. My deadpool isn't what I would call deep but its fun. I spent $9k on my Tron LE and I think we can all agree it's not deep, but its fun for me to play.
    I think sometimes we over think things and think deep equals fun when a less complex code can be fun and a nice change sometimes. Another example would be Iron Man too. With munsters it just doesn't have the spark (at least to me) that the other shallow games do. I do enjoy shooting the ball around on it though thus why I'll stick a couple bucks in one on route.

I agree with the “fun” part

Munsters is still a lot of fun for a few games every now and then and then on to something else

I never did go for Tron, IM or Deadpool to own them. Although DP is on my want list

But you are correct, it doesn’t have that “spark”

STHLE does have the spark

Surely after Munsters they will let Dwight loose on TMNT

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Munsters was like that phone they made with giant number keys and a simple display and no bells and whistles.
    It was intended for very old people who can't see very well. Nice and simple.
    Doesn't have much to offer anybody else though.

Lol. I Guess that’s right. They can’t all be masterpiece games although that’s what I’ve come to expect from Stern as good as their recent games have been

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/with-covid-19-rulesstern-coder-s-are-preparing-massive-updates-?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.