(Topic ID: 269025)

With COVID-19 rules, STERN coder's are preparing massive updates

By hoby1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200519-141629~2 (resized).png
    gif.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 3 years ago

I definitely agree with revising the menu system. Like I know what the stuff in there does because I have machines and take care of some on route. But the average home owner has no clue what most of the options do, and Stern has already cut back on the printed manual that would spell out what everything did. Like add some additional help text and do a general overhaul of how it’s organized. It’s the sorta thing they do well once and they could quickly update all the other games.

I also agree with the adding of more scoreboards. Every various mode, jackpot, etc should have a scoreboard for it. Hell let me know if I hit the slings more than anyone else. Getting your initials in is a great feeling, so increase the ways it can be done. It also encourages people to play stuff they might not otherwise do while they chase an overall high score.

I really like the Are You a God and Escape Isla Nubar mini game modes on GB and JP. Please more of these! Every game should have something like this. They make some incredible wizard modes, but most people have no chance to ever see them.

I’m glad Stern has been rethinking how to do minimal game time to help novices not feel ripped off. Why not come up with some other formats? Like score X points within a minute, and if you do you get a new point goal and another minute of play time. Or just a fuck it, here’s 3-5min of unlimited balls (imagine how this could speed up tournaments. New round every 30 minutes)

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

would require plenty of time and resources.

Ah yes, the experienced software engineer chiming in with valuable insight

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/with-covid-19-rulesstern-coder-s-are-preparing-massive-updates-?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.