(Topic ID: 58281)

With all the theme topics- What theme would cause you not even to play it?

By nate1981s

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-6.jpeg
    #1 10 years ago

I hate the WoZ theme but due to the game I still want one. How much does theme really matter and even if the pin is incredible what theme would totally make it off limits to even play it?

My vote goes to "the view" and "prairie home companion "

#2 10 years ago

Any pin based off a rubbish remake of a previously cool film or
    XXX ball, clubbin' edition

#3 10 years ago

Menopause
    Justin beiber

#4 10 years ago

"The View" is tough to beat, good pick. Would never play a Paula Deen or a Hiliary Clinton themed pin.

#5 10 years ago

Motley Crue
    Girls
    True Blood

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Would never play a Paula Deen or a Hiliary Clinton themed pin.

Man I don't know...I think her fat face on a DMD would be pretty cool...stuffing sticks of butter in her mouth with ramp shots. I mean sure you'd have to use the old Sega double tall DMDs though.

#6 10 years ago

Anything with Woopie Goldberg gets my vote.

#7 10 years ago

"Behind the Candelabra...tickling the silver balls"

Hope the HBO special does not make it to whitewood stage

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Motley Crue
    Girls
    True Blood

True Blood is not a bad theme.

#9 10 years ago

The Muppets!

#10 10 years ago

Barium enema

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man I don't know...I think her fat face on a DMD would be pretty cool...stuffing sticks of butter in her mouth with ramp shots. I mean sure you'd have to use the old Sega double tall DMDs though.

Law, you are embarrassing yourself.....I don't think JJP's LCD would be big enough for a single screen of her.

#12 10 years ago

Brokeback mountain - the pin adventure
    Abba - pinball queen
    Fraggle Rock

#13 10 years ago

Honey Boo Boo....on second thought, it might not be so bad.

#14 10 years ago

John and Kate plus 8....errr....Kate plus 8

#15 10 years ago

so you're asking what theme, the ones they are working on or anything?

#16 10 years ago

Lassie

#17 10 years ago

Roseanne, I think I would be compelled to harm myself if I was in the presence of a Roseanne pinball machine.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

so you're asking what theme, the ones they are working on or anything?

Anything sir...have you seen the above posts?

#19 10 years ago

...have you seen the above posts?

yep, was just wondering, list could be long!

#20 10 years ago

Lets spice this topic a little: THE BIG LEWBOWSKI. Get it out of here

#21 10 years ago

The very best of C-Span!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

True Blood is not a bad theme.

True Blood jumped the shark a couple years ago. I think the writers are, literally, sitting in a room getting stoned trying to one-up each other with who can come up with the most off the wall ideas at this point.

What about "Lamp" for a theme? It seems these days that people like everything more than lamp.

#23 10 years ago

I am also adding brokeback mountain. How did I miss that one?!

At a certain point if it is too outragous it would probably cause most people to try it a few times like looking at a car accident.

#24 10 years ago

None. I don't think any theme is so bad the game isn't worth at least giving a flip or two to see what features it may have. Heck, I'd play a Barney (purple dinosaur) theme'd pin and wouldn't care . . . owning it is a different story obviously.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

I hate the WoZ theme but due to the game I still want one. How much does theme really matter and even if the pin is incredible what theme would totally make it off limits to even play it?
    My vote goes to "the view" and "prairie home companion "

If the game is good enough, I'll play anything on route, theme be damned. I think too much emphasis is put on music and theme, where gameplay, depth and ruleset are most important IMHO. The worst modern theme for me was CV. That theme made me not want to play the game, but I still played it anyway.

#26 10 years ago

After seeing the WWII thread I think I don't think I would want to play a game based on the movie "Schindler's List"... That would be absolutely terrible for many obvious reasons.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think I would want to play a game based on the movie "Schindler's List"... That would be absolutely terrible for many obvious reasons.

Agreed

#28 10 years ago

I'd try almost anything but I would avoid tables like Justin beiber or any Celebrity gossip oriented stuff =) By the way WoZ is not a good theme if you ask me but since it is from a newcomer and hyped i would really like to try it!

#29 10 years ago

Stern Politics

#30 10 years ago

Scooby Doo.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

None. I don't think any theme is so bad the game isn't worth at least giving a flip or two to see what features it may have. Heck, I'd play a Barney (purple dinosaur) theme'd pin and wouldn't care . . . owning it is a different story obviously.

Exactly, I will play any theme I see out on location, but there are lots of theme I would never own.

#32 10 years ago

I've never bothered playing Family Guy because I never have liked the show. Tried it, didn't like it, avoided it ever since.

#33 10 years ago

any one with rosie o'donell on the trans, esp in a cavewomen sui......oh wait

#34 10 years ago

"The IRS Auditor" Who would have the balls to play that one? Put a little camera mounted on the backbox pointed right at the person playing like it's spying on them.

#35 10 years ago

I would actually like that. I love campy, scary stuff. I'm too old for it now, but when I was a kid, it used to be my favorite cartoon. If they were to ever do a family pin, why not? Better than CSI, 24, and others I can name.

#36 10 years ago

Need I say more.

th-6.jpegth-6.jpeg

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Need I say more.

What a tool that guy is.....and the sad thing is, some people are still going to vote for him.

#38 10 years ago

What a tool that guy is.

Are you sure you don't mean "has"?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/with-all-the-theme-topics-what-theme-would-cause-you-not-even-to-play-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.