Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fuses2 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

All of the above stopped working and I checked fuse 109 and even tried a new one and that did nothing at alll. Suggestions?

#2 6 years ago

F714 good ?

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Yes F714 is good. Thought it might be a fuse as problem was sudden and involving items with the same fuses.

#4 6 years ago

Fuse F709 is probably the problem, check connectors on the board as well.

fuses2 (resized).JPGfuses2 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

At first, I thought there was a Punch line....

Witch, House, and Monkey, not working, went into a Bar.......

Youll get it fixed pretty fast....Love the way Lloyd, and JJP help out with issues!!!!

#6 6 years ago

All the led lights are on for all the fuses but went ahead and put in a new F709 and F714. Reseated connectors on the I/O board. Witch, house and monkey stopped working last night.

This a.m. has sucked in working on WOZ. Suddenly no lights, not even the spotlights, no working start button or WOZ head. Game won't start just plays attract mode. These were working yesterday.

It's been a REALLY frustrating last 3-4 days with WOZ which sucks as it's my favorite game (when working which has been an issue a lot lately) I've spent many hours on various issues and had it working almost perfectly for 4-5 days but now it's as bad as ever.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

At first, I thought there was a Punch line....
Witch, House, and Monkey, not working, went into a Bar.......
Youll get it fixed pretty fast....Love the way Lloyd, and JJP help out with issues!!!!

I wish it was a joke. I'm so frustrated I don't even know where to start working on the game now. This all starting with the witch not working well and has cascaded into a real mess! I wish it was a simple fix but so far every time I try something nothing gets better.

#8 6 years ago

Yeah, "If it's not broke, it's not pinball" is tolerable at 4K, but not so much at 8K-9K.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Suddenly no lights, not even the spotlights,

Either F714 is now bad, or your I/O board has an issue. Please open a ticket on the jerseyjackpinball.com Support desk.

#10 6 years ago

Definitely 12V issue somewhere at an IO board (fuse most likely, or bridge rectifier) or before (loose connector from the transformer into the IO board, into the chassis, etc?) Give Frank and/or Victor a call at 732-364-9900 and they will walk you through it step by step if you're comfortable under the hood.

Cheers,

Eric

1 month later
#11 6 years ago

Sorry for the late response I've been out of town for awhile. House is now working fine after reseating cable on CPU. Witch goes down but won't go up. Optos on it do work in test mode.
Monkey still won't move at all. Is the long thread the monkey rides on supposed to turn? It doesn't. All fuses on the game are working.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Is the long thread the monkey rides on supposed to turn?

Yes. Please check for power at the motor, and the connector it leaves the huge metal box with all the boards. Something loose somewhere.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Please check for power at the motor, and the connector it leaves the huge metal box with all the boards. Something loose somewhere.

Monkey rod won't turn at all.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Monkey rod won't turn at all.

Is the connection between it and motor broken ?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From what I can tell, it's not broken.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

From what I can tell, it's not broken.

You'll have to dig in there and try and figure out what is binding it.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It doesn't appear broken that I can tell.

#18 6 years ago

It doesn't appear broken that I can tell. Maybe it's binding but I haven't found out where yet.

#19 6 years ago

At least the witch is finally working.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It appears some grease or other fluid had built up and was the cause of the problem. If I discover more I'll update further.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

It appears some grease or other fluid had built up and was the cause of the problem. If I discover more I'll update further.

Sometimes people gunk gears up with WD40. If you must lubricate it (and I think it needs some) use graphite spray lube. Works great and doesn't gum up over time.

1 week later
#22 6 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

It doesn't appear broken that I can tell.

Replaced it with the newer version clear plastic between motor and rod and that helped to get it going again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/witch-house-and-monkey-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.