8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by egyptrus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hello,

On a recent thread that I started regarding buying and selling, I mentioned that I often check the wishlist when I'm selling a game to see if there are folks near me that would be interested in buying my game before putting it up for sale through the marketplace.

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to find folks near you is to click on each pinsider's name and see where their location is (if they've set it). This can be very time consuming, depending on how many are on the list.

If there isn't already an easy way to do this, could we add an option to re-order the wishlist by distance from me rather than by alphabetical order? That would make contacting locals regarding a game that's on their wishlist much easier. If re-ordering the list is too much work, could we have a hover-hint type display that would show the pinsider's location (if it's set) when I hover over their name in the list? This would also allow me to quickly find those that are close to me.

I appreciate you considering this request. If this can already be done, I'd appreciate knowing how to do it.

Dave

11 months later
    #2 7 years ago

Just pinging this to see if this is a feature we might get some day? I realize not all folks indicate their location but as I'm currently selling a game, I tried using the wish list feature to contact pinsiders close to me to see if they'd be interested in purchasing the game. Currently, there is no easy way to identify people who are geographically close to you.

I think this would be a very useful feature for those of us who want to be proactive when selling games.

I appreciate the consideration.

Dave

1 month later
    #3 7 years ago

I concur.

Eric

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

but as I'm currently selling a game, I tried using the wish list feature to contact pinsiders close to me to see if they'd be interested in purchasing the game.

If you are selling you JO or SR, then I am interested.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

If you are selling you JO or SR, then I am interested.

The point of this feature request was to try and make sure that people that are local to me see games that are for sale. Not that the game couldn't be shipped but most of the games I've sold over the years have been sold to people who are local to me.

To answer your question, my Jacks Open and Skill Roll are not for sale.

Dave

1 year later
    #6 5 years ago

I'm pinging this message as I still think this would be a useful feature. I'm thinking about selling a game of mine and would rather contact local pinsiders that have this game on their wishlist as my preference would be for a local sale.

robin Could we add a feature that lets us sort the wishlist by proximity or, if nothing else, could we have a feature where it shows the pinsider's location and the last time they were last on pinside as part of a "hover hint" so that I could get that information quickly by just hovering over their name? I think it would be a neat option to have when trying to sell a game.

Thanks,

Dave

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wishlist-modification-request and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.