• Be able to skip Slash Solo 24 votes
    7%
  • Be able to stack Slash Solo 43 votes
    12%
  • Improve scoring on album modes 50 votes
    14%
  • Add verbal callouts as various jackpot values are reached 31 votes
    9%
  • Get rid of skull burping smoke in front of jackpot values during songs 16 votes
    4%
  • Allow us to know what the song value is up to prior to starting a song 48 votes
    13%
  • Add a new single ball mode triggered by reaching a number of spinner hits 22 votes
    6%
  • Add patch for automatically collecting applause jackpots 16 votes
    4%
  • Add new songs 47 votes
    13%
  • Add an adjustment to control ball save timer during modes 16 votes
    4%
  • Display actual Song Level during game 50 votes
    14%

(Multiple choice - 363 votes by 104 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been done before. The owners thread has a lot of good ideas regarding what would be a good code update.

Here is a poll/list of ideas, some are mine of course, that I remember seeing. Maybe Keefer or another programmer will see what the people want and include it in the next major update.

Ive never done a poll so not sure if you all can add things on your own. If so please do so. If not, mention them in comments and I’ll add them

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

i dont see a chance to change the poll, so can you please add:
"Display actual Song Level during game"

Done. Thanks

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I Would love for them to add “I used to Love her” and Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”.

I just heard “I used to love her” today. Awesome song. Yesterdays is another good one

#10 2 years ago

It’s not letting me add new poll options anymore. Not sure why.

Go ahead and add new suggestions in the comments, one suggestion per comment, and we can upvote the ones we like

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

How about cutting back on the 5-6 ball multiballs?

Easy, just don’t lock em up

#20 2 years ago

Pinmonk and the flipper ripper came up with a decent one…. A one time use applause jackpot patch that collects the applause jackpot when hitting the action button.

It is awarded when completing the Slash Solo. I love it.

#27 2 years ago

There is a patch that says Light Special or something to that affect. I’ve yet to see it actually light anything. Seems like the special is at the right outlane.

Code update please to make the Special light up

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from badblackz:

I also wouldnt mind seeing a ball save setting for booster multiballs.
And it would be nice if they could leave the jackpot on the screen after a drain. I almost always miss what the final value was.

Good suggestions!

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

And slash solo isn't really even earned so please, for the love of all of the pinball gods please add ability to disable it.
Has anyone tagged @pinkeefer here yet?

I guess a workaround for the time being would be to significantly increase the number of spins needed to start Slash Solo in the settings

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Talk about stern doing micro transactions. Would you all be willing to pay for another song

I truly believe that paying for code updates is the future. Not bug fixes, but major enhancements to gameplay. It’s unfortunate but I think everyone can see that there is money being left on the table by the companies. It’s just going to come down to who will be the first manufacturer to charge a fee and be willing to take the heat until the next company follows suit.

But yea I would pay money for new songs

1 week later
#49 2 years ago

Add a short 2-3 second ball saver anytime a new ball in plunged or is released from guitar lock. Too much inconsistency resulting in SDTM

2 weeks later
#52 2 years ago

I agree. Very slim chance new songs are added. My fingers are crossed for a code update for Christmas

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The one above the top lanes. Pretty random to try to collect the extra ball when that doesn’t work.

If it works sometimes that means it’s working normally. I believe if you already collected Axl or the “rose” patch(?) which keeps Axl collected for the rest of the game, the magnet will not engage which makes it difficult to collect the extra ball. I think the magnet only engages when you need to collect axl.

In setting I made my extra ball stay lit even when the ball is in the pops. By default, extra ball turns off if a pop bumpers is hit

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

And, I didn't know this adjustment existed. It's frustrating the way it is. Talk about lucking into an extra ball tho. Hahaha. From pop bumper to center lane is pure luck! Lmao.
Extra balls should be earned IMHO. However, I may try adjusting the pop bumper thing.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"196cfd2c2f1168893b0182fb1b9844fec8a1b89c-1639657147-1800"};
//]]>

I think this extra ball shot is one of the toughest in all of pinball if Axl or the Rose patch is already collected since the magnet won’t grab the ball on an orbit. Hitting the shot straight through the pops without touching a pop is ridiculously hard. My thought is if the magnet can grab it and drop it through for an extra ball sometimes than why not a ricochet off the pops? Neither takes skill

The extra ball shot would have been better served at the FOG switch. I’m always getting an alert that that switch hasn’t been activated in a while

1 month later
#70 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I'd like to be able to navigate the jean jacket of patches (maybe using the action button) and have the descriptions of the patch show up. Once you have a patch it doesn't show up on the back screen any more, which is the only place that has the patch description.
I often get patches that I don't realize I have and when I go to the jean jacket mid game or before I start a song, just to see what I have, I realize that I have a bunch of patches but I don't remember what some of the patches do, and I can't see the descriptions any more.
If I was able to read the descriptions of the patches on the jacket screen and I understood everything that I have, then that might change my strategy playing a song, playing an album mode, or which patch to get next.
Maybe it could even show you what patch sets you have or which sets you are close to achieving.

Yeah this would be helpful. Maybe just a new screen altogether that has all of that info.

1 month later
#71 2 years ago

Wondering when the next code update will be……

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I would agree with that; at least have it as a setting. One and done would be nice! You should not be able to screw around with the plunge longer than some balls are played!

Agree!!

7 months later
#87 1 year ago

Come on where’s the update??!

This game is the first one people think of when they hear JJP. For good or bad. Polish it up!

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is wishing for an update allowed to be on the wish list

Yes absolutely!!

1 week later
#91 1 year ago

Make those stand ups mean something better please. I know they increase something. Maybe album scoring? But it’s never something I pay attention to. Needs some sort of polish.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I never paid attention to them either , but now I've got the playfield LCD screen working , I realised each stand up relates to an album and how they change your next song , so if you're good enough you can pick your song without having to do it manually and get the full points .

Oh that’s right, they change the album. I hit those damn standup more than anything. Lol

2 months later
#96 1 year ago

What about another way to earn patches? Maybe after hitting a shot a certain number times awards you the band member’s patch? For example after X number of hits to the right ramp you get the drumsticks patch.

There’s got to be some ways to better balance out scoring from game to game without having to always worry about what patches you are going for.

I had what I consider a good game yesterday. Starting 4 songs and playing through slash solo. Scoring was under 20M. Then I had another game that I only did one song but was able to stack the booster multi balls to get my song level up and my score was a bit over 20M.

I still skip the album modes as those just result in lost balls. Except sometimes for the China one. That is the most fun

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think my biggest wishlist item for GNR is that we actually get a code update

Seriously, JJP give me something. But I swear to god if all I get is some new lights shows this game will be out of my lineup faster than my average ball times lol

1 month later
#100 1 year ago

Slash solo:
Activate guitar ball locks with the spinners and disc. Lock 3 balls, extra ball is lit. Repeat for last 3 balls. Easy fix. I’ll play this mode every time.

Booster multiballs. Don’t need 4.

Ignite the flames: keep as is
Make some noise: keep as it

Lights: one ball mode with various jackpot shots lit. Every time you hit a jackpot, dazzle me with a brief light show. Mode ends after timer runs out or 5 jackpots are collected

Turn it up: one ball mode. All shots are lit for jackpots. Complete all shots and you get ONE add a ball. All shots relight for supers. Mode ends when all supers are cleared, timer runs out, or you drain one of the balls.

Let us know at all times what our song and mode values are

Get rid of the skull burping and blocking jackpot

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Odessa, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wishlist-jjp-gnr-code-updates-poll?tu=mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.