• Be able to skip Slash Solo 24 votes
    7%
  • Be able to stack Slash Solo 43 votes
    12%
  • Improve scoring on album modes 50 votes
    14%
  • Add verbal callouts as various jackpot values are reached 31 votes
    9%
  • Get rid of skull burping smoke in front of jackpot values during songs 16 votes
    4%
  • Allow us to know what the song value is up to prior to starting a song 48 votes
    13%
  • Add a new single ball mode triggered by reaching a number of spinner hits 22 votes
    6%
  • Add patch for automatically collecting applause jackpots 16 votes
    4%
  • Add new songs 47 votes
    13%
  • Add an adjustment to control ball save timer during modes 16 votes
    4%
  • Display actual Song Level during game 50 votes
    14%

(Multiple choice - 363 votes by 104 Pinsiders)

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

I wouldn't expect anymore songs at this point but anything that adds more polish is most welcomed.

#52 2 years ago

I agree. Very slim chance new songs are added. My fingers are crossed for a code update for Christmas

#53 2 years ago

How about a software solution to the non-working magnet?

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

How about a software solution to the non-working magnet?

Which magnet is that?

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Which magnet is that?

The one above the top lanes. Pretty random to try to collect the extra ball when that doesn’t work.

#56 2 years ago

A lot of times spinners are fun to hit because of the audio feedback. Like Led Zeppelin and Monster Bash as examples. There are two spinners in GnR and they don’t give any kind of sound FX when you hit them. I know the orbit spinner for sure doesn’t give a sound and I tested the Center spinner and couldn’t hear anything. Would just love a spinner sound or some sort of feedback like Slash spinning disc, it makes hitting those spinners that much more entertaining and gives them more purpose. I dont know. What do you guys think?

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

A lot of times spinners are fun to hit because of the audio feedback. Like Led Zeppelin and Monster Bash as examples. There are two spinners in GnR and they don’t give any kind of sound FX when you hit them. I know the orbit spinner for sure doesn’t give a sound and I tested the Center spinner and couldn’t hear anything. Would just love a spinner sound or some sort of feedback like Slash spinning disc, it makes hitting those spinners that much more entertaining and gives them more purpose. I dont know. What do you guys think?

This is a great idea, I'm surprised it's not already in there. The audio sound for hitting the spinner in Led Zeppelin is awesome, would be nice to have something similar in GNR.

#58 2 years ago

I think we all know/suspect a code update is coming, sure would be nice for JJP to give us all a Christmas gift. Heres hoping it happens.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The one above the top lanes. Pretty random to try to collect the extra ball when that doesn’t work.

If it works sometimes that means it’s working normally. I believe if you already collected Axl or the “rose” patch(?) which keeps Axl collected for the rest of the game, the magnet will not engage which makes it difficult to collect the extra ball. I think the magnet only engages when you need to collect axl.

In setting I made my extra ball stay lit even when the ball is in the pops. By default, extra ball turns off if a pop bumpers is hit

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

If it works sometimes that means it’s working normally. I believe if you already collected Axl or the “rose” patch(?) which keeps Axl collected for the rest of the game, the magnet will not engage which makes it difficult to collect the extra ball. I think the magnet only engages when you need to collect axl.
In setting I made my extra ball stay lit even when the ball is in the pops. By default, extra ball turns off if a pop bumpers is hit

My magnet doesn’t work. The thermal switch acts like a thermal fuse cutting the continuity. On my 3rd one, never has worked for more than a game or two. Many have this issue and JJP hasn’t offered a solution or even a software work around for a year now. You shouldn’t have to luck into an extra ball.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

My magnet doesn’t work. The thermal switch acts like a thermal fuse cutting the continuity. On my 3rd one, never has worked for more than a game or two. Many have this issue and JJP hasn’t offered a solution or even a software work around for a year now. You shouldn’t have to luck into an extra ball.

Have you tested it in the service menu?

I am using the Beta 20 code now and mine works better than the official latest 125 release. Tech support did say they coded it though, so the better you play/progress, the less the magnet is active...and shooting up the lane through the pops vs down the rollovers is the way to assure the extra reward...

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Have you tested it in the service menu?
I am using the Beta 20 code now and mine works better than the official latest 125 release. Tech support did say they coded it though, so the better you play/progress, the less the magnet is active...and shooting up the lane through the pops vs down the rollovers is the way to assure the extra reward...

There's no continuity on the coil, due to a blown thermal "switch" acting like a blown fuse. I can bypass the thermal "switch" and the magnet will work but could, in theory, overheat (otherwise why would they bother with the thermal switch to begin with?).....after changing it twice with the same results, I said "screw it" and I just play it without the use of the magnet.

A software workaround would be to award you the center lane for an orbit shot when the magnet would be activated.

#63 2 years ago

Why can this magnet setup work flawlessly in 1998's SST but fail in 2020's GnR? Hell, the SST magnet fires (hard) on every plunge unless you hold a flipper to go for super skillshot. Why the regression?

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The magnet issue was addressed in a code update. For the exact reason you mention. It now cuts off more often.

So as someone said, if it works at all, it works.

And you don't "luck into" the extra ball. Hitting the magnet is great! But it's also like cheating hahaha

You can hit a straight clean shot directly through that center lane and when you do, the magnet (at least mine) will grab the ball while the extra ball stuff plays on the screen.

I am sorry yours doesn't seem to work tho. Perhaps it's a ground issue as well?

Quoted from Mattyk:

If it works sometimes that means it’s working normally.

He said it.

And, I didn't know this adjustment existed. It's frustrating the way it is. Talk about lucking into an extra ball tho. Hahaha. From pop bumper to center lane is pure luck! Lmao.

Extra balls should be earned IMHO. However, I may try adjusting the pop bumper thing.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

There is definitely a noise for hitting the flippers. Am I missing something?

The lights flash, the spinner sounds plays.... It's like a quick guitar scale/riff/thing....

No?

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

And, I didn't know this adjustment existed. It's frustrating the way it is. Talk about lucking into an extra ball tho. Hahaha. From pop bumper to center lane is pure luck! Lmao.
Extra balls should be earned IMHO. However, I may try adjusting the pop bumper thing.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"196cfd2c2f1168893b0182fb1b9844fec8a1b89c-1639657147-1800"};
//]]>

I think this extra ball shot is one of the toughest in all of pinball if Axl or the Rose patch is already collected since the magnet won’t grab the ball on an orbit. Hitting the shot straight through the pops without touching a pop is ridiculously hard. My thought is if the magnet can grab it and drop it through for an extra ball sometimes than why not a ricochet off the pops? Neither takes skill

The extra ball shot would have been better served at the FOG switch. I’m always getting an alert that that switch hasn’t been activated in a while

#67 2 years ago

I know we are slightly off topic here, but I hit the extra ball shot far more easily than the upper playfield ramp.
As long as the slash record post is spun out of the way of my path, I can left flipper that ball through the bumpers and into the middle lane more often accurately than the upper playfield ramp. That ramp is my nemesis.
I am starting to think everyone's jjp GNR machines have a bit of their own unique personalities in addition to their owner's.

#68 2 years ago

IT would be cool if you can turn the magnet off or on by holding the middle button. Set up for an extra ball.

1 month later
#69 2 years ago

I'd like to be able to navigate the jean jacket of patches (maybe using the action button) and have the descriptions of the patch show up. Once you have a patch it doesn't show up on the back screen any more, which is the only place that has the patch description.

I often get patches that I don't realize I have and when I go to the jean jacket mid game or before I start a song, just to see what I have, I realize that I have a bunch of patches but I don't remember what some of the patches do, and I can't see the descriptions any more.

If I was able to read the descriptions of the patches on the jacket screen and I understood everything that I have, then that might change my strategy playing a song, playing an album mode, or which patch to get next.

Maybe it could even show you what patch sets you have or which sets you are close to achieving.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I'd like to be able to navigate the jean jacket of patches (maybe using the action button) and have the descriptions of the patch show up. Once you have a patch it doesn't show up on the back screen any more, which is the only place that has the patch description.
I often get patches that I don't realize I have and when I go to the jean jacket mid game or before I start a song, just to see what I have, I realize that I have a bunch of patches but I don't remember what some of the patches do, and I can't see the descriptions any more.
If I was able to read the descriptions of the patches on the jacket screen and I understood everything that I have, then that might change my strategy playing a song, playing an album mode, or which patch to get next.
Maybe it could even show you what patch sets you have or which sets you are close to achieving.

Yeah this would be helpful. Maybe just a new screen altogether that has all of that info.

1 month later
#71 2 years ago

Wondering when the next code update will be……

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wondering when the next code update will be……

Was just thinking the same thing!
Anyone Beta testing new code?

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Add a short 2-3 second ball saver anytime a new ball in plunged or is released from guitar lock. Too much inconsistency resulting in SDTM

Agree. Other pins do things like that on high risk releases

#74 2 years ago

Heavens Door ain’t happening. Just read up on how hard it was to get live and let die permission, and only because slash and Paul were friends.

I also doubt other songs are happening because this pin already has more than any other music pin ever but if JJP ever wanted to do them as a paid DLC add-on, I bet many would take them up, myself included

I would like to see the code updated so that an under plunge ends the skill shot and auto plunges the ball. Otherwise it’s too easy to just under plunge until you get some sort of skill shot

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I would like to see the code updated so that an under plunge ends the skill shot and auto plunges the ball. Otherwise it’s too easy to just under plunge until you get some sort of skill shot

I would agree with that; at least have it as a setting. One and done would be nice! You should not be able to screw around with the plunge longer than some balls are played!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I would agree with that; at least have it as a setting. One and done would be nice! You should not be able to screw around with the plunge longer than some balls are played!

Agree!!

#77 2 years ago

How would a software update identity a plunge has been attempted? What physical mechanism would recognize this? Is there an Opto or something before the gate? Does the plunger itself have a switch?

My wish list addition in the new code is to actually make the light song mystery award only light the song like it says, not start the song. Start song is also a mystery award. But they both start the song currently. Bug.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How would a software update identity a plunge has been attempted? What physical mechanism would recognize this? Is there an Opto or something before the gate? Does the plunger itself have a switch?
My wish list addition in the new code is to actually make the light song mystery award only light the song like it says, not start the song. Start song is also a mystery award. But they both start the song currently. Bug.

Once the ball leaves the shooter lane switch, that could count as a skill shot attempt.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I mean it makes that tambourine sound even on under plunges…. So somehow it knows

1 week later
#80 2 years ago

Remove or greatly reduce occurrence of
+1 tilt in mystery shot please.
There is no value here.
That is the only reward that I seem to see of late.

Mystery award is a cool sequence.

I would be way happier to be awarded a patch here and there.
Just anything else to make the shot worth going for.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I mean it makes that tambourine sound even on under plunges…. So somehow it knows

Yes great call with underplunge.
Perhaps allow 2 or 3 attempts max ?

0 is necessary for comp play

Quoted from adrock:

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Well lookie there.. I spy a little wire switch there when it loads up a ball, so you're right. Hadn't noticed it!

Quoted from RA77:

Remove or greatly reduce occurrence of
+1 tilt in mystery shot please.
There is no value here.
That is the only reward that I seem to see of late.
Mystery award is a cool sequence.
I would be way happier to be awarded a patch here and there.
Just anything else to make the shot worth going for.

I get it. But I tilt my game so there's value to me.
Also I hit a good variety. Light song(bug) and start song both start the song and I hit those. I occasionally hit extra ball, and advance member, collect 3 patches and award locks... So not sure why you get tilt that much. I do think there have been some runs of +1 tilt that I notice but it's not that often.
Interesting to hear the different experiences..

#83 2 years ago

Add Knocking on heavens door

#84 2 years ago

Functional sensor calibration, device status failure indicator please

Added over 2 years ago:

Sensor device recovery, active re-start without having to power cycle entire game.

#85 2 years ago

7 months later
#86 1 year ago

An actual real update. Not a beta. And just listen to ppl on here about it.

Can we PLEEEEEAAAASE get an update!?!?!

1 week later
#87 1 year ago

Come on where’s the update??!

This game is the first one people think of when they hear JJP. For good or bad. Polish it up!

#88 1 year ago

Is wishing for an update allowed to be on the wish list

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is wishing for an update allowed to be on the wish list

Yes absolutely!!

#90 1 year ago

Good, then that’s my wish - give us an update

1 week later
#91 1 year ago

Make those stand ups mean something better please. I know they increase something. Maybe album scoring? But it’s never something I pay attention to. Needs some sort of polish.

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Make those stand ups mean something better please. I know they increase something. Maybe album scoring? But it’s never something I pay attention to. Needs some sort of polish.

I never paid attention to them either , but now I've got the playfield LCD screen working , I realised each stand up relates to an album and how they change your next song , so if you're good enough you can pick your song without having to do it manually and get the full points .

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I never paid attention to them either , but now I've got the playfield LCD screen working , I realised each stand up relates to an album and how they change your next song , so if you're good enough you can pick your song without having to do it manually and get the full points .

Oh that’s right, they change the album. I hit those damn standup more than anything. Lol

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I hit those damn standup more than anything. Lol

Me to
If you listen carefully , when you hit the stand up it will play a second of the new song as well .

#95 1 year ago

I'm confused why slash solo and some of the modes that aren't songs are so so non lucrative. If only that could be ironed out some.

2 months later
#96 1 year ago

What about another way to earn patches? Maybe after hitting a shot a certain number times awards you the band member’s patch? For example after X number of hits to the right ramp you get the drumsticks patch.

There’s got to be some ways to better balance out scoring from game to game without having to always worry about what patches you are going for.

I had what I consider a good game yesterday. Starting 4 songs and playing through slash solo. Scoring was under 20M. Then I had another game that I only did one song but was able to stack the booster multi balls to get my song level up and my score was a bit over 20M.

I still skip the album modes as those just result in lost balls. Except sometimes for the China one. That is the most fun

#97 1 year ago

I think my biggest wishlist item for GNR is that we actually get a code update

#98 1 year ago

I wish for any public substantial GNR code update at this point. It’s been over a year since the game has received a code update. What is it taking so long?

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think my biggest wishlist item for GNR is that we actually get a code update

Seriously, JJP give me something. But I swear to god if all I get is some new lights shows this game will be out of my lineup faster than my average ball times lol

1 month later
#100 1 year ago

Slash solo:
Activate guitar ball locks with the spinners and disc. Lock 3 balls, extra ball is lit. Repeat for last 3 balls. Easy fix. I’ll play this mode every time.

Booster multiballs. Don’t need 4.

Ignite the flames: keep as is
Make some noise: keep as it

Lights: one ball mode with various jackpot shots lit. Every time you hit a jackpot, dazzle me with a brief light show. Mode ends after timer runs out or 5 jackpots are collected

Turn it up: one ball mode. All shots are lit for jackpots. Complete all shots and you get ONE add a ball. All shots relight for supers. Mode ends when all supers are cleared, timer runs out, or you drain one of the balls.

Let us know at all times what our song and mode values are

Get rid of the skull burping and blocking jackpot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 210.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wishlist-jjp-gnr-code-updates-poll/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.