2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by netman63129
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0248 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0247 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Thinking about all you pinheads in Texas and surrounding areas. I lived through then floods of 93 in the Midwest near the Mississippi and it sucked. Flooding ruins everything. Prayers first for your family's and hopes that you get through this unscathed!

#4 2 years ago

This is terrible for all involved.

LTG : (

#5 2 years ago

I have been through hurricane Alicia, tropical storm Allison, Hurricane Ike, the Memorial Day flood, and the tax day flood. This is on a scale beyond those. So many more affected and it's not done.

I am close to flooding and know of a couple folks that have flooded. The guy I bought my first game from that got me into the hobby flooded today. Folks east of Houston have plenty of rain coming there way so hopefully they do not flood as bad.

There are 2 reservoirs they have to release because they are full and this is going to unfortunately flood a few hundred homes for possibly SEVERAL MONTHS!

It is possible we could see another 10" or more of rain over the next 2 days so this is not over.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

I have been through hurricane Alicia, tropical storm Allison, Hurricane Ike, the Memorial Day flood, and the tax day flood. This is on a scale beyond those. So many more affected and it's not done.
    I am close to flooding and know of a couple folks that have flooded. The guy I bought my first game from that got me into the hobby flooded today. Folks east of Houston have plenty of rain coming there way so hopefully they do not flood as bad.
    There are 2 reservoirs they have to release because they are full and this is going to unfortunately flood a few hundred homes for possibly SEVERAL MONTHS!
    It is possible we could see another 10" or more of rain over the next 2 days so this is not over.

Good luck man! I'm curious to know how widespread the flooding is in Houston...10% of the city, 25%, 50%? I live in St. Louis and during the Great Flood of '93, the media made it seem that the entire city was underwater when in reality it was less than 10% and most of that were areas that people didn't live in. I had a co-working in Britain who heard that the Gateway Arch was underwater. Obviously if that were true, we'd all be in trouble. The media does tend to exaggerate. Anyway, I hope you make it through safe.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 137.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 72.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 29.99
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside