(Topic ID: 73161)

Wish List of Bugs In WMS/BLY WPC/WPC95 Code to Fix?

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 268 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PC300426.JPG
PC300425.JPG
image-466.jpg
crying-boy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 8 years ago

I'm curious as well ...

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Back to the funding question - seems like PPS could generate some good will by using whatever the BOM cost would have been for 2000 coin mechs that were paid for by customers but not included in the games as seed money for the required programming resource.

For f*@#k's sake, jfh, enough with the coin mechs! I seriously doubt that continuously tweaking Rick about this in every possible venue is going to lead to any positive result.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wasn't intended as a tweak. Things are different now than when Rick said that PPS needed some seed money a year ago. Whatever you think of coin-mech-gate, PPS ended up with some revenue for nothing. Why not use that as seed money for the code update project?

Rick never said they cut the coin mechs to gather "seed money" -- in fact his line all along was that PPS had the money to fully fund MMr and was just taking $1k deposits to confirm buyer seriousness.

I agree it'd be great if PPS would assume the (probably minimal, especially if volunteer coding labor is forthcoming) cost of making code updates. But it makes zero sense to me to link that to the coin mechs (or any other beef you have with the BOM on MMr) unless you're trying to piss Rick off.

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You aren't getting it. I'm not talking about seed money for MMR. I'm talking about seed money for the code update project.

Plainly I misunderstood your "seed money" reference! But other than your long-running concern with the coin mechs, I still don't see why you'd bring the "profit" from omitted coin mechs into play here as opposed to, say, the profit PPS makes on any of its other projects, which could just as easily be earmarked to cover new code if Rick so chose. Neither have anything to do with the new code.

Quoted from jfh:

Before Rick collected extra $ from MMR buyers for coin mechs that were part of a BOM for an $8k game, he wanted a way to fund/seed the software project. Rick got "money for nothing" from MMR buyers. I'm saying use that money to seed the software project to demonstrate good will rather than still looking for seed money (if that is still the case - We don't know if PPS is even working on this project anymore).

And I'll go out on a limb and guess that Rick doesn't share your assessment that he needs to "demonstrate good will" as a result of the coin mech issue. Especially given your history posting on this topic I don't think Rick is going to be so inspired reading more coin mech discussion that he decides to fund freely distributed code updates (and I say this as someone that's agreed with you in other threads that PPS mishandled the coin mech isssue).

With that I've posted more than enough on this topic so I'll shut up, and hope that PPS or a licensee still has plans to move forward on this project!

5 months later
#226 8 years ago

Bump -- has anyone heard anything from PPS or Rick about progress on this project?

4 months later
#258 8 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

I agree - c'mon PPS, what's the deal with this?

Rick just deactivated the PPS Pinside account (too much heckling in one of the MMR threads) so unlikely he'll be reappearing here anytime soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
14,000 (OBO)
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wish-list-of-bugs-in-wmsbly-wpcwpc95-code-to-fix?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.