Lightcycle 5 (resized).JPG
Lightcycle 3 (resized).JPG
Lightcycle 2 (resized).JPG
Lightcycle 1 (resized).JPG
20150802_114709.jpg
20150802_114654.jpg
2015-04-23 13.09.54.jpg
Quorra car 4.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 9 years ago

Just ordered my Hallmark lightcycles to add something extra to the upper playfield.
Can someone confirm the bulbs they used for best results in the middle of the lightcycle?
So far I'll order:

2 yellow flex 555s (1 for each wheel) http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smdflexng.htm
2 blue flex 555s (1 for each wheel)

Based on the help of hoby1, fellow pinsider, it looks like I'll need 1 more LED but wanted to know which one people have been using in the center of the lightcycle.

#56 9 years ago

How bright are the Hallmark LEDs that are already installed? From what I've been reading, they aren't very bright and burn out rather quickly.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I am thinking I actually have quite a rare set-up on my light cycles. On my Tron Pro I tied them into the insert sockets with a diode and a current limiting resistor. I did the same thing with the recognizer that I custom lit using LED's from Radio Shack and leftover blue window film from my old STTNG Borg ship. I also took the Quorra car that was mounted on the ramp, installed 2 green LED's in the seats of the car and mounted it on the ramp just above the left inlane. So what I ended up with is 4 lighted figures that are off when their mode is not started, flash when the mode has been started but not completed, and solidly lit when the mode has been completed.
This set-up has been working for years now and the original Light Cycle LED's are still working fine.

Could you provide more details on what diode and resistors you used and how you wired those up specifically to the appropriate inserts? This sounds like a fantastic idea and would love to see more pictures of your game as well as your wiring scheme.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Here is my Tron, I did the same with green Led's and put it over quorra's lane. All of the mods i have are connected to a PIG 2 and run off the lights in the middle.
» YouTube video

Thanks for the video!
Couple of questions:
1) How did you mount your Zeus, extra recognizer, Gem, and Quorras car?
2) What lights and where did you tie into for your Zeus, recognizer, and Quorras car?

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

No worries.
1) Zeus is a kit from hooked, he comes premounted. The extra recogniser i removed a small hex shaft on one side (and screwed it in the pre existing hole) and on the other side i drilled a small hole and screwed it in also. Gem is just some glue and quorra's car i again drilled one hole and screwed it down. I have to stress that Tron is my favorite game and is going nowhere so drilling and gluing was no problem for me.
2) Zeus, recognizer and Quorra are tied into the corresponding insert in the middle. I used a Pig 2 to connect everything in.
Hope this is helpful.

Could you post some closeups of where you mounted?
Is the Quorra car the one that was originally installed in the game and you just added lighting and remounted to the different location?
I'm considering ordering the PIG2 from DKY as it seems to make everything easier from what I'm reading. Do you find the PIG2 easy to use and fairly straight forward for a nonelectrician type of person (me)?

#77 9 years ago

Does anyone have any recommendations on what wiring to use for the Hallmark lightcycles to keep the wiring from standing out as much? I've typically used 24gauge speaker wire since it's easy to work with, small, lengths are easy to alter, and it has a more clear appearance vs light a red or white wire for exampe. However, I don't want something standing out in the playfield so just want some ideas on how people have concealed their lightcycle wiring both under the bike and behind running down the underside of the playfield.
Also, do most people drill a hole in the battery cover and run the wire through that?

#80 9 years ago

Where do you find blue wire?

#81 9 years ago

Have Pinsiders used the old ramp platforms to attach their lightcycles or have you purchased the Pinbits dress up protectors?

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=555&zenid=65384e2f88e201003991d5cf12743f95

#83 9 years ago

I just removed the original ramps tops with the Quorra car and the small lightcycle... That was difficult on the car! With the locking nut on the bottom and my Eli ramp lighting it was extremely tough... Now I'm worried about putting them back on...
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations having taken them off and put back on if there is an easy way ....

#84 9 years ago

Ok, got the lightcycles installed and used UGlu to secure which worked perfectly. Be sure to get the already cut dots as the strip in a roll is next to impossible to cut without it getting all gummed up.
Next project I did was the Quorra car. I used 2 green flex LEDs removing them from the socket and ran the SMD so it sits on the floor of each passenger compartment. I then fasted the wiring underneath the car. My only question is where people have mounted the car. I'm consider using UGlu to fasten it to the Quorra spinner top bracket over the Quorra lane. Another member appears to have mounted to the plastic right behind the spinner over the Quorra lane. I've enclosed pictures of the Quorra car done and lit as well as placement of where I'm considering mounting the car. Opinions, suggestions, ideas welcome please!
Quorra car 1.jpgQuorra car 1.jpgQuorra car 2.jpgQuorra car 2.jpgQuorra car 3.jpgQuorra car 3.jpgQuorra car 4.jpgQuorra car 4.jpgQuorra car 5.jpgQuorra car 5.jpgQuorra car 6.jpgQuorra car 6.jpg

#86 9 years ago

How have people connected their mods to their PIG2? I'm curious as to:
1) how did you physically connected the wires from the PIG2 to the corresponding insert light socket?
2) what settings are you using for your Hallmark lightcycles to your lightcycle inserts, Quorra car to the Quorra lane or to the Quorra multiball, etc)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiring-up-hallmark-tron-light-cycles?tu=DrMark12PA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.