• Latest reply 3 years ago by rockwell
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

old (resized).jpg
old-new (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockwell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I am replacing the right-hand cabinet button switch on my Embryon machine. This is a stacked switch that controls two flippers. I am not sure that the replacement switch I bought is the proper replacement. Here is an image of the old (left) and new (right). My question is...is there a way to wire the old switch that works with the new one (which is built differently)? Or do I need to purchase a different replacement? The replacement seems to be missing the extra tabs needed for the diode, and it seems like some wires would have to be combined into one tab someplace on the new switch.

old-new (resized).jpgold-new (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

A better image of the old switch. Tabs 1,2,4,and 5 were attached to wires. Tab 3 only used to connect the diode to tab 5.

old (resized).jpgold (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

You need something similar to the link below (minus the attached caps). New switch has to have at least four lugs, preferably five, with one insulated from the other four blades/ contacts.

Thanks, I assumed this new one was a no-go, but thought I'd confirm. I appreciate the feedback.

Quoted from slochar:

The Embryon switch controls both right flippers with one circuit which is the one without the diode. The second flipper is controlled via the end of stroke stack on one of the flippers. The other part of your switch is for the lane change feature.

Makes sense, thanks for the info. I'll keep digging around for a proper switch.

This one looks like it may do the trick (stacked with a normal cabinet switch).
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1A-150

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

If you don't mind re-using the lane change switch (leafs 3, 4 and 5), you can just replace the high current tungsten contact blades in your old switch stack.

This is also an interesting idea. I was actually trying to determine if it might be possible to refresh the old switch myself. Looks like it may be possible with some new switch blades and contacts, as you mentioned. I was looking here, seems promising...
http://pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#common

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

New switch contacts is definitely an option, i wrote a post a while back on doing exactly that: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-re-building-leaf-switches

Thanks for the link, and for making the post! I'll definitely be doing this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockwell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiring-question-on-new-switch?tu=rockwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.