• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by yyyyyikes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

Hi all of ya!

I just bought a ColorDMD for SAM Spider-Man original.

Plugged it in, got nothing - so checked the power connection...

At some point somebody has decided to cut the leads just before the male power connector.

There are 2 cables into each of the 3 holes. The middle hole has 2 red cables, these are intact.
The left and right have some darker cables, all of which have been snipped.

Does anyone know the correct, original set-up for this connector? And also, how do I go about fixing it?

Or....can the ColorDMD be plugged into a different place? Though I don't see any the same.

Thanks for your help!

#2 10 months ago

12v is on the flat end of the connector, 5v is in the middle and ground is on the rounded part. No idea why someone would snip those wires. There is no where else to plug the dmd in.

#3 10 months ago

Seems the wires have been round ended into other bell shaped dead-stop connectors, possibly to run power off to a small daughter board?

There's two. 1 with the grey wires and a smaller orange wire, then 1 with the black wires and a smaller black wire they run to a board which seems to deal with the coin door switches and other things.....

If i manage to remove these, I should be able to shove them back into the molex connector?

Honestly....I'm really crap with wiring.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 64.00
$ 1,000.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside