7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bax1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Wondering if anyone has ever attempted hooking up a wireless sub to their game? I have a vizio sound bar and wireless sub that I am not using. So I was wondering if you can take the parts that recognize the sub and hook it up in your game. I think this would be pretty sweet.

#2 7 years ago

Anybody?

#3 7 years ago

I don't see why not. But I am not familiar with how the Vizio gets the input of the sound. Where is the transmitter? If it is in the Vizio sound bar, then you will need to hook that up to the output of the pin.

http://cdn.vizio.com/documents/downloads/accessories/VHT215/QSG_VHT215.pdf

In this Vizio setup, the audio input is to the soundbar. So you would have to connect a speaker wire from the pin to the soundbar. Where are you going to put the soundbar? Inside the pin? On the top of the backbox?

Plus you are going to have to make certain that you have a full range input to the sound bar. Some pins have a low pass / high pass crossover built into the PCB amp. Others have a primitive crossover with the backbox and cabinet speakers. So it depends on the game.

And the soundbar needs to have low level input into it, so you likely will need to have a pad or resistor network to cut the power to the input of the soundbar.

Honestly, it hardly seems worth the trouble.

If you really have to have a sub hooked up to your pin, I would suggest getting a sub that has a speaker input and connect a wire from the cabinet speaker to the sub. You can experiment with disconnecting the cabinet speaker.

#4 7 years ago

Yeah that seems like to much trouble. I will look at the sub and see if it has inputs. Thank you for the input

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wireless-sub-possible and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.