(Topic ID: 332062)

Wireform ramp manufacturing

By Ashram56

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

75BA57EF-5918-4F8F-B4F8-254FC2AF6F7B (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Good morning,

I'm looking for information on how wireform ramp are manufactured in production, and what would be a practical way to manufacture in multiple units a single ramp ? What design tool would you use to design the ramp ? What type of facility can actually manufacture these ramps ?

For ex, it is now relatively easy to design and have manufactured custom metal apron using sheet metal design. I'm trying to find an equivalent process for wireform ramps

Cheers !

#2 1 year ago

I'd also love to find some place that does custom wire rod bending, even without the welding. I have a few things which require way more precision than I can do by hand

#4 1 year ago

Thanks for the links

The video is interesting, but it's only in a two dimensional plane. What about wire that are in 3d? Or is this simply not possible?

#5 1 year ago

3D wire bender:

#6 1 year ago

That is our business. I can tell you the only way to get custom ramps or wireforms made is by having the machine at the shop that is doing it. Sketches or files might work for simple runs, but anything creative you need to have the actuall game to figure it out. There are alot of contact points or conflicts installing anything custom.
    Machines are good for simple designs and bends. They are also very expensive. Truly sitting down and working off an idea then trying to fit or implement it is another thing. Its time consuming and can be expensive. Costs of argon and steel has jumped as well. We did acdc pro and did not even try to sell as a mod as the costs were too high. I can tell you from experience that anything over $400 and you lose most buyers. Everything we have made is on Loganpinball.com and current running projects (Alien) is on Instagram @Loganpinball.
    75BA57EF-5918-4F8F-B4F8-254FC2AF6F7B (resized).jpeg75BA57EF-5918-4F8F-B4F8-254FC2AF6F7B (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wireform-ramp-manufacturing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.