Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have some flipper hop on my right hand flipper on my recently acquired pin. I have tweaked the wire guide forward as much as I can and still have flipper hop. I need to pull the guide and move the guide hole in the play field forward about 1/16".

My question is how to best remove a wire guide from a play field? My logic suggests I use a block of protective wood and a small pry bar and pry the guide upwards. But sometimes my logic bites me in the butt.

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

That's the way to do it. Work each end evenly to avoid damaging the guide or the playfield holes.

#3 8 years ago

I would definitely not cut the playfield and move the guide. Instead I would widen it. On most inlanes you can cut a piece of plexiglass to do the job. What game is this?

#4 8 years ago

Thanks, man.

#5 8 years ago

It seems a little odd got the guide to be off like this where it would need re-positioning. Have you you already checked that there isn't a problem with the flipper assembly itself?

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

It seems a little odd got the guide to be off like this where it would need re-positioning. Have you you already checked that there isn't a problem with the flipper assembly itself?

I have completely re-kitted the flippers with new bushing, links, springs and plungers. I did not see anything that looked out of the ordinary at the time.

I'll have another look at the flipper, but I have had to re-locate two pop bumpers to get them centered in their holes. Of course, this made it that I had to move the pop spoons to get them centered on the skirt rods.

The right hand outlane is set more conservatively than the left. I don't know if this would be to blueprint, or not, but I like the way the game plays so I will leave this.

Also, there are two fences located behind the flippers in this 4 flippered Big Game and these two fences are not installed to blueprint(i.e. they are not installed symmetrically even). I have measured the flipper pivot points at the bushings and they measured even(I'll double check this).

With these minor location issues I just sort of figured the assembly person moved his jig or sneezed when he/she drilled the guide hole. Sort of like when someone gets their ears pierced and the piercing person missed the mark and one earring is too low on the earlobe when compared to the other.

#8 8 years ago

Anything is possible, I know I had to re-position some playfield holes before, just wouldn't want you to overlook anything since it sounds like you are working on the topside.

#9 8 years ago

Pinsider mof also relocated some wire guides/posts on one of his games. You might reach out to him for advice.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Pinsider mof also relocated some wire guides/posts on one of his games. You might reach out to him for advice.

Thanks everybody. I'll try to get hold of mod for advise. I am concerned that if I move the inboard part of the wire guide forward by just rotating it that it could change the trajectory of the ball and the ball could exit the guide and head for the middle of the table.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wire-guide-removal-how and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.