Wire Gottlieb double flippers like Bally's?

By srcdube

2 months ago

Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by srcdube
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 61 days ago

I've been trying to tweak my Gottlieb double flippers to get a bit more power. (System 80 Spider-Man)

I've only recently learned how Bally double flippers are wired with the second Normally Open switch on the lower flipper to maximize it's power before engaging the second flipper at EOS.

Has anyone ever rewired Gottlieb double flippers the same way? Is it doable or is there something different I'm not taking into consideration ? If you've done it does it make a big difference?

#2 59 days ago

Bump

1 week later
#3 46 days ago

Cricket...cricket...

#4 46 days ago

It's lonely when you are the pioneer.

#5 46 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It's lonely when you are the pioneer.

#6 43 days ago

Try it. I understand the concept but if the power supply is adequate it may not make a noticeable difference.

Another effect of the Bally wiring that's relevant on double flippers: On my Paragon, I can blip the right flipper button and make the bottom right flipper twitch (such as when passing the ball), while the upper right flipper remains still. It's not possible to lose the ball between the two right flippers when doing this.

#7 43 days ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

Try it. I understand the concept but if the power supply is adequate it may not make a noticeable difference.

Experiment 1... i’ll just disconnect second sets of flippers to see if single flipper is stronger by itself. Yes, if power supply has enough current it may not make a difference. Good point, thanks! May not get to this for a bit but will report back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside