Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire2 (resized).jpeg
wire (resized).jpeg
wire1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2173 (resized).jpg
IMG_2172 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

I have a question about the two wire gates on the Flash playfield and am trying to determine if I have an incorrect wire gate, one of my wire gates is broken, or my wire gates have been swapped.

I'm observing an occasional stuck ball on the wire gate located where the ball enters the playfield. Upon closer examination, I noticed that there is a nick on the chrome on the ball gate itself that seems to match the shape of the other wire gate (the piece of metal that is turned down preventing travel back to the plunger/shooter rod.

Have these two wire gates been swapped by a previous owner? Are they identical wire gates on any of your machines?
Can someone with a Flash wisdom comment?

Thanks.
Brian

IMG_2172 (resized).jpg

IMG_2173 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Your shooter lane wire gate is broken.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6511

(or buy wire and a wire bending kit)

#3 5 years ago

Thank you. Does your wire gate at the top only allow for ball travel in one direction? I had suspected that they were swapped.

#4 5 years ago

I think the shooter lane wire is installed wrong, I don't think it is broken. The lower end has a wire that I can just see in your photo that is bent down and is currently on the launcher side of the gate. If you look on the opposite side of the chrome part, you can see a nick where that down part should go and hit (thus the nick). You probably need to remove the wire from the chrome by slightly bending it, then move it so that the down end is now on the outside. Hope that makes sense. I can take a photo later this evening, but looking (and moving by hand) the top gate (which looks ok) will hopefully help understand how the other one should work.

#5 5 years ago

The shooter lane wire doesn't have the bend and the long piece like the other gate does. It's a poor angle for the photo. There really isn't a bent down wire, which led to oohlou's comment about it being broken.

The real reason that I assumed that they were swapped was that the wire gate at the top of the playfield seemed to jut out more than I would have expected. Interestingly, I did swap them late last week and the performance on both was better. Nevertheless, I certainly appreciate the info. I did check the manual and found that they are labelled as the same part number, 12A-6511.

wire1 (resized).jpeg

wire (resized).jpeg

wire2 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Tools
Pincoder Store
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Carlos, CA
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!