Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

funparktargetF (resized).jpg
funparktargetB (resized).jpg
0D48B464-BCEF-45BA-935B-078454FC569D (resized).jpeg
gtb-a9016+ (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

At first, I presumed my new Fun Park was just so happy to be restored, it decided to throw a small celebration in my honor. (Honestly, I think fireworks are a bit much, but these seemed commensurate to the achievement.)

Unfortunately, the party just won't stop... Sparkles and smoke abound!
The sister disc, on the other side of the relay, functions without incident. (She's a good neighbor.)

I've disassembled, cleaned all contacts properly, lubed, and adjusted for optimal contact on the wiper arm.
There are still regular sparks when the wiper advances, which continue intermittently on the disc, well after contact.

I'm left with the presumption that my next PBR order will include one of these:
http://www.pbresource.com/relay/gtb-a9016+.jpg

If there's some other common thing I'm missing that could potentially cause this, I'm always happy to learn.

A video of the festivities here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ngcWdoKfea40Yq6BMqqdurMLOO__u0q5/

A sincere thank you to everyone that has contributed to the wealth of knowledge here.
It's truly given my new obsession some serious staying power.

gtb-a9016+ (resized).jpg
#2 3 months ago

So that 'sparky' disc must be lighting the pf spinner lamps? Just wondering since the arcing continues even after the unit stops. That's pretty nasty arcing if it's only lighting one lamp.

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

lighting the pf spinner lamps?

Indeed it is. Gives a real nice ghost-in-the-machine effect, with the lights out.

#5 3 months ago

Excellent! Thanks Mark! I've considered using your repair classes as an excuse to visit beautiful Colorado again. (NJ is great, but nothing much like seeing the Rockies on the horizon.) Very cool thing you're doing there!

My next fear is that this carbon tracking issue will be reoccurring, since that nylon ratchet spindle is a bit worn. It's serviceable for now. I'm just not sure that the used part I'd receive, from a dealer other than PBR or Marco (who are both out of stock), will be much better. Have you ever dealt with JT Amusements or Flippers.com?

With the lamps having constant power, as opposed to the scoring side, I suspect the real repair is in the ratchet and tension adjustments. For now, I'm confident in my current adjustments. When I replace the wiper disc, we'll see if that was a learned skill or just sheer coincidence.

#6 3 months ago

btw... I just noticed that this is the All-Marks thread, as I am also Mark. Feels like good company to me.

#7 3 months ago

I don't know why, but "Funland"/"Fun Park" seem to be particularly hard on those little stepper boards. For some reason, they're often cooked on those two titles.
Sorry to break up the Markopoly!

#8 3 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

For some reason, they're often cooked on those two titles.

My guess is that floating wiper blade coupled with relentless ding-a-ding-a-ding-a-ding-a-ding spinnerings. Mesmerized me even without a ball. Hell, I think I might go spin it a few times right now!

Quoted from jrpinball:

Sorry to break up the Markopoly!

Hah! JR, my friend, I'm certain that you are welcome just about anywhere.

#9 3 months ago

Always good to have an extra set on hand

0D48B464-BCEF-45BA-935B-078454FC569D (resized).jpeg
#10 3 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

Always good to have an extra set on hand
[quoted image]

I hope you don't keep them in your humidor!

#11 3 months ago

So, what is the recommended crimper for those rivets to secure the solder tabs?

Similarly... Is there a handy tool to remove old rivets? I'm thinking about the targets, which either need re-inking or replacement. I'm wishful thinking about a tool that doesn't require me to remove the whole switch assembly. Any magic tricks there?

#12 3 months ago

Can't leave these here. Laziness wants to replace without extra effort.

So anxious to play it, I'm probably looking for too many shortcuts now.

funparktargetB (resized).jpgfunparktargetF (resized).jpg
#13 3 months ago
Quoted from LoudBeardyHatGuy:

Can't leave these here. Laziness wants to replace without extra effort.
So anxious to play it, I'm probably looking for too many shortcuts now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you send them to PBR, he will rivet new ones on for you.

#14 3 months ago
Quoted from LoudBeardyHatGuy:

My next fear is that this carbon tracking issue will be reoccurring, since that nylon ratchet spindle is a bit worn. It's serviceable for now.

From the video yes it does look like carbon track arcing as mentioned, but that means arcing at the gaps between the copper pads, not between the wiper and the pads. As long as your wipers are stopping relatively close to the centers of the pads and not shorting across them, the new board should fix it long term I think... about as long as the old one lasted anyway. The tracking is something that normally happens over a very long time of use.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Howell, MI
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Cabinet - Other
Twisted Tokens
$ 32.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!