Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rancegt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Wipe Out needs an auto-kicker. Has anyone ever tried to add one to a game that didn't have one? I know that it's not in the software, but maybe there's another solenoid that I could piggy back on.

2 months later
#2 10 years ago

bump. this sounds like an interesting idea

#3 10 years ago

How are you going to do this with out software?

I agree, some of the Gottlieb System 3 could def use an auto kicker. If SF2 had one, and lost the blanka kick out hole, that game might actually have some flow.

#4 10 years ago

Right now I think the easiest way to approach this would be with something like the Pig board here: http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/. This is pretty low priority for me right now, and it's likely to be fairly expensive so you know how that ends.

The problem with Wipe Out as I see is that every time you put a ball on the ski lift, it quietly kicks a new ball into the shooter lane. At that point it usually takes a minute to remember to plunge the ball, and for new players it's even worse. It's a pretty fast playing game otherwise, and I think this would really improve the feel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wipe-out-needs-an-auto-kicker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.