Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MMGB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Working on a Wipe Out that the ski lift motor stopped working. Anyone one else had this issue? I have checked all fuses and connections, also looked in the menu and ran the test on it there. It doesn't work in test either. Is there a way I can test the motor before buying & trying a new one?? Any advice appreciated.

#3 2 years ago

Did you confirm you have 50vac at the motor? Have you checked that the motor relay is closing when you try testing the ski lift motor in the menu?

If you just want to check that your motor works, you could carefully short the return side to ac neutral, that would bypass the relay and allow current to flow, thus turning the motor rotor.

#4 2 years ago

Thanks MMGB , I just now tested for voltage at the 2 motor connections. I am getting a reading of 27 vac on both of them.

#5 2 years ago

At the motor, the voltage differential from neutral to either motor lead should be 50vac. If you are actually getting only 27vac, that is probably not enough to activate the motor.

Trace the supply wire all the way back to the transformer, there is at least two connections along the way. One of those connections may be loose, corroded, partially disconnect, or even the wire may be broken. That 50vac circuit also supplies the 48vdc that feeds the HV solenoids on the pin… so no reason to suspect a problem with the transformer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.