winter suck's

By ek77

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

How many of you have been kept from buying a game because of the snow I have put off getting a Stern ST

#2 10 years ago

Buying and selling......ditto!

#3 10 years ago

wouldn't stop me. I have a 2 stage snowblower and can clear a path to my gameroom in five minutes.

this winter does suck, however.

grammar police warning... no need for the apostrophe on suck's.

#4 10 years ago

same here...I have cleared a path multiple times to get pins in & out...and I'm hoping to do it again soon!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

wouldn't stop me. I have a 2 stage snowblower and can clear a path to my gameroom in five minutes.
this winter does suck, however.
grammar police warning... no need for the apostrophe on suck's.

That snowblower does not help with stuff out side your driveway when the main roads are a big mess.

And then your driveway just gets the stuff pushed back on to it when they do hit the roads and if it's cold and they hit it late at night the next morning it can be all iced up.

#6 10 years ago

I have held off on selling games for two months as my stair to my basement has been covered in snow/ice with no letup!

#7 10 years ago

winter? what winter?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dj_xwing:

same here...I have cleared a path multiple times to get pins in & out...and I'm hoping to do it again soon!

I remember having to run pins up and down that fairly steep grass hill at your place. That must be a PITA with snow on the ground!

#9 10 years ago

Been getting 70-80 degree highs all winter and its only rained once.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

That snowblower does not help with stuff out side your driveway when the main roads are a big mess.
And then your driveway just gets the stuff pushed back on to it when they do hit the roads and if it's cold and they hit it late at night the next morning it can be all iced up.

OP is talking about putting off buying ST pro, so i assume he was buying new. In that case, i'd assume the travel part would be taken care of by a delivery truck.

The only time the snow would stop me is if the seller didn't have a path out of his home and into the driveway somehow. I'm not bringing a snowblower or driving off road to get a machine. lol.

#11 10 years ago

I know what you mean. I almost had to turn on the heat for the first time all year when the house got down to 67 two weeks ago, but we went for an extra blanket instead. It's back to normal now.

John Kerry announced yesterday that global warming was the world's most fearsome weapon of mass destruction. And here I thought it was ungrounded power cords.

Joe
Melbourne Beach, FL

#12 10 years ago

It's stopped me from buying. They go into the garage when delivered during the week where the legs are taken off so I can get it into the house and down the steps during the weekend. But the garage is unheated and it's FULL so I can't fit it in. Come the spring when all the snow is gone I'll have room in it to store a game till moved into the game room.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

The only time the snow would stop me is if the seller didn't have a path out of his home and into the driveway somehow. I'm not bringing a snowblower or driving off road to get a machine. lol.

17" followed by 2 more the next day. Had to clear the driveway and then a path wide enough all the way around the side of the house. On top of that shovel out the basement stairwell which it seems is the catch all for all drifts.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

winter? what winter?

No doubt! It never got here this year. Business as usual in So Cal.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I know what you mean. I almost had to turn on the heat for the first time all year when the house got down to 67 two weeks ago, but we went for an extra blanket instead. It's back to normal now.
John Kerry announced yesterday that global warming was the world's most fearsome weapon of mass destruction. And here I thought it was ungrounded power cords.
Joe
Melbourne Beach, FL

Dear Joe,

GFY.

Signed,
The Guy With 20"+ of Snow and More Coming Today

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Dear Joe,
GFY.
Signed,

LMAO!!! Hey MW, I'm out here in Webster on the CT line. I've got about 2' and it's coming down now. I hope to God it's not much more.

Snow blowers, shoveling...Screw that! Get the plow baby! My neighbor does my driveway for $20 bucks a pop. You can't even get to my front door. We just come and go through the garage. I've spent $260 on plowing so far this year. Worth EVERY penny.

GL today my New England friends and be safe.

God I can't wait for spring.

And someone shoot Punxatawney Phil for me too! 6 more weeks of the white crap...

#17 10 years ago

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

How many of you have been kept from buying a game because of the snow I have put off getting a Stern ST

I have a NIB STLE sitting in my friends business so I can wait for the snow and ice to clear before moving it into my place. Right now, it's looking like March..

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

I have a NIB STLE sitting in my friends business so I can wait for the snow and ice to clear before moving it into my place. Right now, it's looking like March..

I figure mid to late march for me

#20 10 years ago

The winter has been crazy this year

#21 10 years ago

I hate the winter, but not so much in relation to pinball stuff. There's just nothing worthwhile about norovirus, the flu, chapped hands, chapped lips, iced windshields, biting wind, cloudy dull weather and short days.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Dear Joe,
GFY.
Signed,

Dear Guy,

GLWTSnow

Signed,

The Guy who was smart enough to take I95 S

#23 10 years ago

The snow can sometimes be a good thing. I bought a beautiful WD from a local buddy and there's no way it's coming out of his house this time of the year. He needed the money and wanted $2500 for it. We settled on $2200 and he gets to keep playing it until spring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winter-sucks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.